Quote Originally Posted by ShmooDude View Post
I specifically mentioned most of the issues you said. Those numbers I said are much higher than what I typically get but are still useful for comparison purposes.

Wow's CPU issues are nowhere near where they used to be. Its gotten magnitudes better. Back in the day I couldn't max out a GTX 285 at any time even staring at the floor. Now granted yeah, in the middle of Ashran event when its like 30 on 30 I certainly dip below max. World questing and even dungeons remain maxed out pretty well all the time (and I actually use a CPU heavy addon or two as well). LFR, I'm not sure, I'd have to go in one. So in pretty much every situation but raiding and high player PvP you will notice a difference.

Min FPS is only part of the picture anyhow. Yeah, Min FPS is going to eliminate choppiness. More power will still get you more bells and whistles (AA mostly).

For reference I got an Core i5-2500k @ 4.25GHz and GTX 760. I do run at 1440p.

There's also nothing in the OP that says this is exclusively for WoW. I just used WoW cuz this is primarily a WoW site.

Let me put it this way, I have a 760, and wish I had higher. Even for WoW. I've also been waiting to see what the 10 series will do.
Sorry, I'll clear up that confusion. My build will primarily be for WoW. Not to say that I will not be playing other games as well, but I do not think I will be going at 1440p, most likely 1080. I have also preemptively purchased the Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card as a place holder because it was at a nice price after rebate.