Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why is it ok to show blood, guts, and gore on tv but not boobs?
    Because we like to have violence in fantasy and sex in reality.

Show it all, let the humanity flow...reality is scarier than any fiction.
    The sooner we get over this idea that "inhuman/un-natural acts" is a thing...the better.

Anyone saying "I don't want my kids seeing this!" Fine, be an adult...know what your kids are doing, prevent them from watching/consuming certain shows/media/entertainment that offend your "sensibilities" ,ACT LIKE AN ADULT...and do what you said you would do when you committed the act that brought the person into the world.

Good luck with that last part lol
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-05-02 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    There has been studies showing a correlation between the decrease in violence and the rise in video games. It would not surprise me if gun use has followed this trend worldwide as well.

What you fail to realize is your posts have been about mentioning something like fantasizing about killing or COD, and when its referenced you have this "AHAH!" moment even though it was you that triggered yourself. Really strange stuff.
    Again, you completely miss my point.

That is fine, you can think what you want, I'm not going to continue with this endless feedback loop. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Again, you completely miss my point.

That is fine, you can think what you want, I'm not going to continue with this endless feedback loop. lol
    I don't even think you really grasp what your point is.

I don't even think you really grasp what your point is.
    With some really strange mental gymnastics he tries to point out, that it's hypocritical to do something fictional, without repeating the same in real life. The core thing he doesn't seem to get tho, is that fiction doesn't equal reality, and can't be compared as equal.

Oh, which also means IF his version was true, he's hypocrite for not having his real name as username, instead of fictional one.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-05-02 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Are you implying violence against children is acceptable in a video game because its not real?

How about those bizarre lolicon games?
    I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable. It isn't real and I couldn't give a damn if someone is jerking off to imaginary lolicons.

Violence is mostly a fantasy unless you're really unlucky.

Boobs are very much real and part of everyone's life unless you're very unlucky.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because with rare exception, Blood & Guts in TV shows aren't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Oh, which also means IF his version was true, he's hypocrite for not having his real name as username, instead of fictional one.
    I don't think its outside the realm of possibilities that he changed his IRL name to TITAN308.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Because with rare exception, Blood & Guts in TV shows aren't real.
    Need more CGI boobs clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think his replies in this thread are just bizarre. Like does he never play FPS games? Or does he and he fantasizes about killing people so is shocked that we don't feel the same? It seems really strange.
    Wait, wasnt he the guy with the McCree avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wait, wasnt he the guy with the McCree avatar?
    Yes.

Someone made an anti-beard thread so I got inspiration for a new avatar: me

Deleted
    Its not hypocritical at all.

All the violence shows is fake and staged. Imagine the uproar if they actually showed real violence. Nudity however isnt fake as it would still be an actual real person getting nude.

Besides it really depends on what kind of violence it is too. Making loud gun noises and people dropping down isnt graphic same as comic book level fighting scenes where no one even gets bruises after. You can only compare that kind of violence with maybe showing a guy and a girl under blankets talking, not to graphic nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Its not hypocritical at all.

Imagine the uproar if they actually showed real violence.
    Uh define violence?

Football?
    Wrestling?
    MMA?

Deleted
    Uh define violence?

Football?
    Wrestling?
    MMA?
    Well most PG-13 shows that show "violence" but no nudity. I dont think any show with M rating that shows actual realistic looking violence is too squeamish about nudity.

It's no different than real life where rapists are often regarded as being worse than murderers.

My favorite example is the show Hannibal, where they show peoples throats being cut in graphic detail, but sensor breasts and genitals in classical paintings shown in the background. The argument of nudity being real and violence not is pointless to me, since there is absolutely nothing wrong in sex or nudity. Sex is healthy, ultimately positive thing to do and share with other people. Nudity is the most natural thing and often times has nothing to do with sex, and learning the difference between sex and nudity as well as what a human body looks like could, imo, do nothing but good to the western society. This is coming from a Finn, and the rich sauna culture has thought me a very different view of nudity than the Christian society of America enforces; heck, basically all my core guildies, male and female alike, have seen me naked and I feel absolutely no shame whatsoever about that, and my spouse is completely fine with it too.
    Last edited by Cephilia; 2016-05-02 at 04:46 PM.

I like tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

My personal favorite are actors who have ultra violent films, guns, explosions, etc etc - but in their free time crusade against such things. (Sean Penn and Sylvester Stalone come to mind). Of course all of them have armed body guards and or able to get a carry license in states that normally don't allow citizens to do so.

The same thing goes for consumers really who love them some COD, but the idea of handling a real gun makes them trigger.
    That's cool. My personal favorite are the people who think real life and video games are the same and that anything we do in game we also should support in real life. When you learn to separate the two, that'll be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Both of you keep failing to understand I am not talking about a distinction between reality and fantasy, but simply the consumer market of paying people money for shit that would otherwise offend your sensibilities.

You can dance around it all you want, that is hypocrisy.

"Guns are terrible."

"Sweet, COD 9 came out time to go frag some fuckers with my M-16"

Even funnier are people who talk about "glorification of guns" and go out and fuel a multi-billion dollar industry that is just that.
    Again, you're reinforcing the fact that you can't tell reality and media apart. Stop making an ass of yourself. You've done that for over 5k posts now, take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Values that stem from Christianity, where the body and sex is a huge taboo and something to be ashamed over.
    Except that during the renaissance the art contained a significant portion of nudity - without causing a big problem with Christianity that had more power at the time.
    The nudity was not always sex-related, but Michelangelo's David had to be censored when shown in The Simpsons.