Game Update 4.4: Profit and Plunder

Game update 4.4 comes tomorrow for those subscribing on May 1 (Thursday for newer subscribers)

Seems to have a fair amount of fixes with a new chapter and the new single player Eternal Championship.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/5320...it-and-plunder
    Last edited by quras; 2016-05-02 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    A lot of much needed fixes. Finally ashara quest should be fixed
    No love for Treek, HK & romancables but a good step in the right direction

What a shitty chapter, no real drama. Could have had Risha and Jakarro/C2 added to Vettes/Gaults team. Lame
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    What a shitty chapter, no real drama. Could have had Risha and Jakarro/C2 added to Vettes/Gaults team. Lame
    Yea I got to disagree on this one.

I didn't care so much for the last 2 chapters but this one was just.... fun.

I thought gaults dialogue was great. The setup for the heist was pretty good. The encounters played out pretty well though I thought they should be harder (but I know its only story mode so I give that a bit of a pass).

Knowing you can kill off a companion was decent touch as our companion pool grows ever greater and more pointless.

The whole thing for me was just a fun encounter with a bit of purpose in funding your alliance. The cut scenes were well done. None of that, win the fight but watch a cut scene thats entirely different just to make you the loser. As well as none of that spawning crap from chapter 10 or larger aggro radius from the last chapter.

This chapter I had fun playing.

Deleted
    Yeah disagreeing as well, this is by far my favourite chapter. The whole missile cutscene was hilarious
    EC seems a tad over tuned though. Boss six was just plain stupid, forcing ranged to be melee range only
    Story wise 9/10 brilliant chapter. The priceless moment when Vaylin walked into the vault.
    Difficulty 4/10 extremely easy, but no more annoying packs every few seconds.
    EC 5/10 - I want to love it, but till they tune boss six, I won't be repeating, least to get the comp, you can do first five, exit, re do the first five to get completion

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh chapter. Enjoyed the last one a lot more. Gault and Vette were pretty awesome though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Overall fun imo. Gault and Vette made a funny duo, if I was going to add someone to that mix it would have been Corso though.

Deleted
    Thoughts so far:

- The chapter itself was very good. Seeing Vette again is great.
    - Xenoanalyst is bugged worse than before.
    - Area loot bug outdoors (while doing heroics) still hasn't been fixed.
    - Group finder is still screwed the moment you need a replacement.
    - Another useless droid pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Thoughts so far:

- The chapter itself was very good. Seeing Vette again is great.
    - Xenoanalyst is bugged worse than before.
    - Area loot bug outdoors (while doing heroics) still hasn't been fixed.
    - Group finder is still screwed the moment you need a replacement.
    - Another useless droid pet.
    What was your Xeno bug?

We ran 2 groups through. One 16 man and one 8 man on normal and Hm and beat it 4 times (one wipe on 8 man hm due to tank missing resilience during thermal tolerance). No bugs at all.

I liked this chapter more than the last chapter, would have loved maybe fighting Vaylin and then be forced to retreat rather than just avoiding confronting her but I guess we will have to wait a bit with confronting her
    Also I love The Eternal Championship although it took me about 10 wipes or so to figure out how to do the 6th boss as a mercenary, mostly I ended up accidently killing myself by shooting heatseeker missiles while outside the purple circle but with a whole lot of kiting and my companion soloing one of the adds it went down eventually, the rest went down easy enough with the exception of the last boss which took a few deaths before I managed to bring it down. I did it with mostly 204/208 gear.

Enjoyed this chapter and it is nice to get some form of boss fight with mechanics at the end, although it is really easy. As Quras said above, it was nice there was not a fight, win and then flee type of thing in this chapter, even though the possibility of one when Vailyn was on the way up was there. Anyone else noticed the significant drop in the amounts of knights at Arcann's Throne room? Looks like the knights really went through the duel to the death punishment he meted out on them in the previous chapter.

Eternal championship was quite fun and I'm looking forward to take all the alts through there. So far I had only taken melee dps and completed them, would be interesting to see the fights with my ranged toons, tank & Healer. Its also nice to have another, solo venue to gear up the alts in 216 gear.

it wasn't as bad as i thought.

still pissed i couldn't fight vaylin, but other than that it was ok.

though, this whole thing would have made more sense if it was risha and vette.

I got hit by the Tallos bug where hes no longer in my companion log. I log in at his camp on Yavin with the quest primer up again. I sent a report in and was told to just bug report it and it may be fixed at a later date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    What was your Xeno bug?
    We tried the usual 16 HM & SM order. HM went down smoothly (still had the bug that allows you to res inside during the fight), but after we switched it on SM, it bugged out: the boss was just standing there, as if the ops had already been completed. We checked thoroughly that no one had SM lockout, we disbanded and relogged a dozen times, but 16 SM still remained bugged.

It was a pretty solid chapter. Gault and Vette were awesome. The only thing that left me sour was that Gault didn't really agree with my sith assassin''s views/way of thinking, but oh well. Really hoping the next one will be good, since Shae Vizla didn't really do much in the last expansion.

I enjoyed seeing Vette again as a Sith Warrior, and the whole story was pretty entertaining but I love the lore heavy chapters more and therefore enjoyed the previous chapter more. I think I'm destined to be disappointed about the lengths of the chapters though; ~30 minutes of gameplay is just not enough... I subbed for this month, but probably won't be back again for another 4+ months/ whenever this story arc ends if it's less than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The next chapter seems to be interesting based on the description at least if your a bounty hunter.

I'm just happy that my waifu is back XD