Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Maybe i'm too old for such fast reaction games or i don't know..
    One thing is for sure.. game constantly left me with a feeling of being crushed by the oposite team and having ZERO chances of making a comeback by solo "skill".

Quote Originally Posted by Morceli View Post
    One thing is for sure.. game constantly left me with a feeling of being crushed by the oposite team and having ZERO chances of making a comeback by solo "skill".
    This is correct - its for certain a TEAM based shooter more than any other I have encountered. Individual skill counts for very VERY little when compared to even a poorly played but well coordinated team.

I think I'm going to enjoy *watching* Overwatch a hell of a lot more than playing it. When the big teams get in there and manage to coordinate big plays.. should be interesting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morceli View Post
    You can go and rekt whole enemy team alone if you have skill for it. But yeah this game is based around team and not for one player to carry whole team for victory. You can still make awesome plays alone

I've been hyped and I want to get more thrilled, but it's hard. Maybe I'll have to accept that this might not be a game for me. The moba stylish "every hero has a counter" crap and little value on traditional first person shooter skills is too much to chew.

I played OW about a year ago and didn't like it then, but I decided to give it another shot with the open beta... and I'm glad I did. Everything feels more fluid, the UI is pretty much the same but has improved in subtle but important ways, I'm not a high reflex player and now there are more choices for me as a "slow" player. Feels solid, going to be playing some more this week.

I'm still more of a HotS guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're letting the enemy Bastion or turret shoot you, you've already fucked up, and you should take the time to blame yourself for fucking up rather than complaining that the Bastion/Torbjorn are capitalizing on your mistake.

In several dozen hours of playing this game, I have never seen this happen, outside of the end of the last beta stress test, when both teams decided over Voice chat that we'd all go Reinhardt in the final match, because it was silly.

Beyond that, literally hasn't happened to me yet. Everyone's been pretty decent about picking a decent team. If you're not willing to swap to a tank/healer, you're the problem.
    Oh please.
    Get off your high horse thanks.

I seriously do not care how many hours you have if you cannot fotm what i wrote.
    Game needs Role system que no questions asked no opinions needed when there is a support role and a tank role and a DPS role game always should have ROLE que system simple as.

And no when you are the attacker on the objectives Bastion and the dwarf are op when they defend because they can just position them self's and no matter what you do you die because the turret does not miss a single shot the only time you do not die is if you have a tank protecting you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    The game has a lot of depth and just like every FPS knowing the map and all the flank spots is very important, bastion and Bjorn always feel OP to new players however they are not. They feel OP because people don't know where to flank them from, how to properly counter them or are unwilling to swap to a different hero to kill Bjorn turret or a bastion. As a closed beta player I would say bastion is fine and Bjorn is actually weak, overall the balance is not perfect but it is pretty good, tracer could be tuned down in mobility department a little. Also Lucio is still the best go to support unless you are trying some specific comp.

The game also has a built in voice chat, use it. If they have a bastion set up, have you Lucio ult your team and speed boost you in and blow up bastion before he can kill anyone. Otherwise a Bastion and Bjorn turret can be killed really fast by a widow, hanzo, pharah and soldier76. Bastion can also be killed by a genji and a tracer. Mei wall is good at blocking bastion shots as you are trying to run through a choke to get into the next room or w/e. Roadhog can also hook bastion and it will take him out of his sentry mode.
    Do you not understand that people do not care?
    They pick Tracer and Widowmaker x2 in random match making system and nothing of what you just wrote will ever happen unless you play 5v5 as teams.
    Do not gimme all that this will happen when people are experienced.

Also it is not possible to flank a turret without a tank.

Deleted
    Watch some games from ranked maybe and see how common bastion is ?

Do you think he's uncommon because

a) he's super op
    b) he's easy to destroy

By far the best game Blizzard has (is going to) release in the past 3 years in my eyes, it's already got a strong following in the pro-scene with several unofficial tournaments already played and streamed. It's reached over 80k stream views (at the same time) on Twitch and that was during the invites only beta phase, it's going to be a huge success- I'm sure of it.

The game itself looks really good, the maps are interesting with many flanking opportunities that makes camping less perlevant with a few exceptions (Bastion, Mercy, Reinhardt combo). The game is pretty well balanced with each Champion having several counters and well designed abilities, there's still a few minor balancing changes I would make but nothing that makes the game broken in any way. Zaryas Ultimate Ability charges up a bit slow for my liking, same goes for D.VA. While for other Champions they charge up insanely fast- seems like the charge of your Ultimate Ability only depends on your damage- so if you're a tank that does shit damage you'll never get your ulti while a sniper or long range Champion gets one Ultimate per minute... Think that's pretty badly balanced but other than that the game is amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    This game made me uninstall Team Fortress 2 instantly, it is simply amazing. Instantly bought the Origin version for PC.

Two questions:
    After the games there are votes for the MVP. Is this just for fun or is there a perk for this?
    You can rate the match too from 1 to 3, what is that for?
    The votes are purely for showing each other praise for a good game played. It's kinda flawed as most people will only vote for their own team mate regardless of how crushed they got.
    The match rating from 1-3 is likely there for Blizzard to get some feedback on the least favorite maps/most favorite maps and so on, from experience the Egypt map is the least played map in the cycle- maybe because people dislike it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I saw once everyone vote a one guy. He was on the enemy side, but even I still voted him. Yet, I can't really remember why, but there was a reason for it. Totally awesome play.

At five you get the EPIC! sound.
    At ten you get LEGENDARYYY!!

I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Watch some games from ranked maybe and see how common bastion is ?

Do you think he's uncommon because

a) he's super op
    b) he's easy to destroy
    He was nerfed because he was super OP and even after the nerf he is super OP in anything that isn't coordinated premade stuff.
    It doesn't take much to support him but it takes alot more effort to take him down if he's being supported... up to a point where you simply can't do anything unless you play with the right people or if you have ultimates ready.
    He's the bane of any attacking team that doesn't fully commit to a 3-4x Q push. Especially when there is a Reinhardt and a Björn around.
    I guess there are other ways if you are super high skilled like Seagull or someone like that. The Bastion's effort/reward ratio is basically the opposite of Genji though.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-08 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I saw once everyone vote a one guy. He was on the enemy side, but even I still voted him. Yet, I can't really remember why, but there was a reason for it. Totally awesome play.

At five you get the EPIC! sound.
    At ten you get LEGENDARYYY!!

I think.
    5 epic, 10 legendary.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    He was nerfed because he was super OP and even after the nerf he is super OP in anything that isn't coordinated premade stuff.
    It doesn't take much to support him but it takes alot more effort to take him down if he's being supported... up to a point where you simply can't do anything unless you play with the right people or if you have ultimates ready.
    He's the bane of any attacking team that doesn't fully commit to a 3-4x Q push. Especially when there is a Reinhardt and a Björn around.
    I guess there are other ways if you are super high skilled like Seagull or someone like that. The Bastion's effort/reward ratio is basically the opposite of Genji though.
    A Bastion in sentry mode is basically a free kill for Genji since he is stationary, so you deflect every bullet right onto his face for the easiest kill ever.

Bastion is good to capitalize on people who don't know his weaknesses or those who run in 1 by 1 all the time, proceeding to get utterly destroyed by their own lack of strategic thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno why people keep saying that Genji just kills Bastion with reflect. Just...stop shooting...then kill the Genji in 1.2 seconds once Reflect is down. :O

Also, is it just me, or is the range on Reinhardt's melee like five times the range that it appears to be? :O
    It's all about mindgames, I've killed countless Bastions that way. Yes he is a newbie destroyer but every game has a character/class/whatever like that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    It's all about mindgames, I've killed countless Bastions that way. Yes he is a newbie destroyer but every game has a character/class/whatever like that.
    It might be because of "Play of the game" that he's so much more annoying. In many games, you can get totally destroyed by a character, but once it's done - it's done. Here, the game will make sure to remind you of that, touting it as "best moment, just watch it!!!". And the way it usually looks is even more demoralizing, turret mode Bastion rotating slightly and mowing down multiple enemies.

Doesn't matter if he got killed shortly afterwards - the game already poured salt in the wounds.

Right now my biggest problem with other players is that they all want to stand way back and shoot the other team on the objective, especially when both teams need to claim it to win. They cant seem to get it through their brains that the team who fights on the objective wins the objective. Yeah you can snipe a few off but someones going to be on it and so long as they have at least 1 player on it and all of our guys are off it shooting in then they get unnecessary %'s to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Right now my biggest problem with other players is that they all want to stand way back and shoot the other team on the objective, especially when both teams need to claim it to win. They cant seem to get it through their brains that the team who fights on the objective wins the objective. Yeah you can snipe a few off but someones going to be on it and so long as they have at least 1 player on it and all of our guys are off it shooting in then they get unnecessary %'s to win.
    thats a learning thing for players, not a problem with the game.

A problem with the game imo, is the netcode, way too many trade kills and kills behind cover. super frustrating. It's BF4 launch bad.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

A problem with the game imo, is the netcode, way too many trade kills and kills behind cover. super frustrating. It's BF4 launch bad.
    What?
    not in the slightest for me. I only had 1 single tradekill, but that was due to projectile travel time. I've *never* been killed behind corners either.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    What?
    not in the slightest for me. I only had 1 single tradekill, but that was due to projectile travel time. I've *never* been killed behind corners either.
    So you've never done some like, example: throw Macrees stun grenade and see it go off, but you die then you watch the kill cam, and it was never thrown?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Really? Is that why I said "My problem with other players"? and not "Problem with the game"? I am so glad we have you here to tell me what I said.

Deleted
    So you've never done some like, example: throw Macrees stun grenade and see it go off, but you die then you watch the kill cam, and it was never thrown?
    Ya and I play Mccree frequently
    I had Mccree vs Mccree stun grenade each other, or dying right before the stun goes off but it's thrown so thats possible.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-08 at 06:24 PM.