Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As far as how I was judging viewers go I looked the day it came out and there were 200 viewers in the middle of the day, as I don't keep track of every viewer that has ever looked into BB on twitch I can only tell you what I experienced at that time.

Deleted
    Ok, fuck it, I'm gonna buy it for 10 euro, I got NOTHING else to play right now and Overwatch fucking sucks major epic donkey balls of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Game is fun but its definitely flying under the radar. Mainly because of Overwatch. It was a shame they delayed the game to may because had it launched in February it would have gotten more traction and sales.

My hope is that sheer word of mouth will actually steadily increase sales/viewers/players.

It would be a shame to see a new interesting IP such as this fizzle out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also not sure how @DeadmanWalking is counting streamers. Just quickly checked and one streamer alone has almost 3000 watching.
    He probably looked when nobody big was streaming. Kinggothalian streamed it yesterday with 8k people. Broman had another 2-3k. It's not going to be as big as Overwatch, because it's not made by Blizzard and isn't super heavily marketed. Had Overwatch beta not started on the same day, it would be seeing a lot more stream time on twitch.

Overwatch beta is over so being bored I picked this up even though I wanted to choke a gaming executive unconscious at the $60 cost... In beta I didn't have to do the intro to play it, and I don't remember any of the first few multiplayer storymodes I went into... Failed the second one where we had to protect the core from waves of minions.

So they are planning a lot of support for the game. They plan on monthly balance patches and there is going to be 5 new heroes for free and new story missions and skins for $5 a piece or 20$ for a season pass. Also releasing 3 new maps and a new game mode.

Sounds good if they can do it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I wish this didn't come out so close to overwatch. I know they are different kinds of games, but once OW comes out I will be playing the shit out of it...Maybe if I see it on sale for $39.99 in the next few months I'll grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I wish this didn't come out so close to overwatch. I know they are different kinds of games, but once OW comes out I will be playing the shit out of it...Maybe if I see it on sale for $39.99 in the next few months I'll grab it.
    You are right that the 2 shouldn't be compared. They are both quick match games (with battleborn being longer) but imo OW has the bare minimum of a game release. It's so barren right now.

I was really disappointed with Overwatch. I expected characters to be more durable, as promised by them last year. Instead its fast-paced frag-churn like Blackops3, and plays more like a watered-down 5man WoW arena than a real Team-based FPS. Also found the one-trick pony-ness so limiting it bored me to death.

I only heard about this game recently, but I'll have to check it out as I enjoy the Borderlands games from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably buying Overwatch, but i don't expect much depth from it. Some quick 5 min matches if i don't have alot of time to play. Not really that much into PvP tbf.

Battleborn , however i already clocked at 31 hours of game time, mostly PvE. I haven't even fully ranked the two characters i've been playing (Rath & Caldarius). Theres 25, and apparently 5 more free ones .. So yeah. Good stuff.
    They are all so unique in playstyle , trying to narrow to a couple more to focus after those two i mentioned is proving tough.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Helix tree provides so much variation. Multiple builds on the same character adds alot of replayability, it literally can change how you play a battleborn. Kinda similiar to HotS. I dig that shit alot.

There is a lot of depth in this game. The helix tree resetting can keep your character fresh each game, the gear adds some bonuses but you have to buy them to use them in matches and then the several game modes. I like the PvE PvP cross over elements so it's not just a blood fest.

The single player content is stupid as fuck, save yourself a lot of brain owies and chose a ranged character. In beta I beat the first few with Montana (huge mini-gun guy) but this time I took Rath (? guy with 3 red blades) into the first mission and couldn't beat the final boss because the mechanics do not favor melee.
    Its a boss that has a central tube and 4 legs, each leg has a weakpoint that once broken the boss reveals a weakspot in the bottom of the central core and gives you time to beat on it, puts red zones on the floor, fires bombardments and summons exploding minions. He tries to jump on you and expels rings around the room which you jump over or it tosses you in the air. This is fine and all for rath as you just have to do hit and runs on the legs (if you stand there you get stepped on). In the final phase the head floats around the room and shoots electrical beams around the room while making you float around the room. As you can guess floating around the room all willy nilly is not good for a melee character with no ranged attacks as it is now 360 degree omni-directional combat. I blew through 2 lives getting the boss to this phase and 5 getting him to 10% total life before failing mission. You feel like a helpless baby in a tornado.

The single player story mode game is not balanced for all types of characters. Go ranged, and preferably a character who can self-heal like Montana (either when gun is on cooldown or when it is heating up). Thorn's weakness is that she has no shields and you are going to want shields. Marquis has extreme problems with bosses in small rooms as he is a ranged sniper and squishy.

I also noticed that my montana play through was bugged, when you run into Geoff the spider mini-boss battle you enter a room with enemy defenders and you have to step on 3 spots for a bit to activate the gas to get Geoff back into the fight but in my Montana run the boss was in the room shooting my ass while invulnerable making it near impossible to stand on the floor spots to get him back to the fight. I had to hide in a corner and rev up the heat on my gun to heal to full before stepping on the floor spot and hoping I lived long enough to complete that one spot and then repeat for the next 2. My Rath run didn't have this issue.

debating if I should get the game now or wait for the game + season pass bundle....

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the megathread has only gotten 2 pages in 10 days, it doesn't really make the game seem all that great. Not that this is a large group of gamers or anything but I would say that people here tend to be more hardcore than your typical gamer, making it a decent measure for such things. Would have prefered a borderlands 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Ok, fuck it, I'm gonna buy it for 10 euro, I got NOTHING else to play right now and Overwatch fucking sucks major epic donkey balls of doom.
    It's sad that Gearbox chose to try and market it like it was similar to Overwatch when it isn't anything like it. I feel like all the people saying "I like this, Overwatch sucks" or vice versa have a skewed idea of what either game is. About the only thing they have in common is that they have multiplayer, and they are class based FPS's. That's it. Battleborn feels almost like Borderlands with a MOBA mixed in, and Overwatch is more akin to a TF styled game with more classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Given that the megathread has only gotten 2 pages in 10 days, it doesn't really make the game seem all that great. Not that this is a large group of gamers or anything but I would say that people here tend to be more hardcore than your typical gamer, making it a decent measure for such things. Would have prefered a borderlands 3.
    That doesn't really mean anything. A lot of game threads with good games go untouched. This is also mainly a WoW centric forum and with everyone on the overwatch vs battleborn bandwagon, over watch is getting more attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That doesn't really mean anything. A lot of game threads with good games go untouched. This is also mainly a WoW centric forum and with everyone on the overwatch vs battleborn bandwagon, over watch is getting more attention.
    I suppose that's true, from what I've seen though it just doesn't seem like the game really pops. Most people who are into it seem somewhat lukewarm rather than amazed by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story mode is ok, but i feel like each mission is more like a Destiny strikes.

The single thing that pisses me off the most is having to start a 40 min + mission all over again because a core/robot got unattended for 10 secs and enemies wailed on it. I suppose the idea was to make it feel like PvP where you can win or lose, but dunno. Feels sketchy. Like i'm back in the 90s , before checkpoints were a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I suppose that's true, from what I've seen though it just doesn't seem like the game really pops. Most people who are into it seem somewhat lukewarm rather than amazed by it.
    Personally I am not amazed by any game but I can recognize a good game. This is one of those games that goes under the radar. Look up some popular youtubers playing the game. It's quite a deep game after you scratched the surface.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Story mode is ok, but i feel like each mission is more like a Destiny strikes.

The single thing that pisses me off the most is having to start a 40 min + mission all over again because a core/robot got unattended for 10 secs and enemies wailed on it. I suppose the idea was to make it feel like PvP where you can win or lose, but dunno. Feels sketchy. Like i'm back in the 90s , before checkpoints were a thing.
    they are working on that. They plan on doing monthly big fixes. The problem is sony and microsoft for consoles. It has to go through a process and be approved so the only thing they can do in hotfixes is number changes and not actually altering the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    debating if I should get the game now or wait for the game + season pass bundle....
    Gamestop has a bundle for both and it makes the season pass $5 cheaper.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    That said i still enjoyed the heck out of some bosses, missions and the dialogue between the characters.
    ISIC on The Algorithm is lol tastic, Claptrap style.