Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I've never seen this outside of pre-formed parties.

In the closed beta, you would sometimes see recruitment for groups who wanted to have fun all run a single hero for the sheer hell of it (and sometimes it formed naturally in solo queue on the pre-match hero select screen). Soldier 76 is popular with mainstream FPS fans because unlike everybody else, he has a very simple and familiar tool kit that can be picked up instantly without having to spend a couple minutes reading up on abilities and figuring out how to play a hero.
    Basically this. Ease of use and familiarity with skills, plus self/group heal and a nice ultimate that covers aiming issues.

I like it and i find it fun to play - i suppose it's what most people look for.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    We're all soldiers now.

OT: I don't have access but I'll be playing Soldier 76 a lot when the game comes out, I just think it's nice to play something standard, something generic once in a while, amidst all the crazy and unique characters.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-05-03 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    There are many, many ways to counter Bastion:

Genji, Bastion's archnemesis: just shift into Bastion's line of fight, press E and and aim back at Bastion. If the Bastion isn't reflexive and stops firing within half a second, he dies. Boom, that simple.

Junkrat can bomb Bastion to death before Bastion can get out of turret mode and flee without any risk to himself.

Pharah, like Junkrat can bomb Bastion with little risk to her self; she can just use the AoE power of her rockets to hit him from around corners without actually entering line of sight.

Mei can just sneak up on bastion and freeze him to death while jumping over Bastion erratically.

Roadhog can just hook Bastion, stopping his gattling gun channel and stunning the bot, and kill him just like that.

McCree just needs to sneak up and press E, instant win.

And of course, there's just plain old getting the drop on Bastion and killing him before he can react. Seriously; he's not a god people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Not as strong as he once was. Still strong though in the right hands, but any sniper or stealth/speed character shreds him.

A well rounded team works out well, but its hard to get one it seems like. Most of the games I run into lack a healer or a tankish character. Some of that is a few of the maps don't benefit enough from a diverse group. In most groups I see its always someone playing Genji (who is seriously powerful in the right hands), McRee, Tracer, Bastion/Torbjorn. I do see some 76s, but I think it is for the reason others laid out; he's pretty much the most like every single character in every FPS.
    Good points; me being new to the game doesn't help that I don't know how to properly counter him, let alone know the maps and know how each character plays.

But yeah, I think we VS'd some decent Bastion players though because a few times he was absolutely destroying us lol.

Of course you are going to see 76's, he's the go to guy for beginners who are use to riflemen in other games, that was the entire purpose of 76. Besides that he isn't a noob chump either but a rather well balanced character. He has a sprint, auto fire rifle, rockets for burst damage and a heal for his team. His ultimate isn't all that awesome if you are good at aiming already, his only downside.

As a 76 and Roadhog main who splashes Tracer I'll continue playing mainly 76, my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Those are probably the least played heroes in my experience.

No, you were right.
    He is freaking strong and it's annoying.
    Perhaps he might not be an issue in ranked matches with experienced players..
    But I am not one of those players, I'm the random guy that clicks quickplay and gets totally annihilated when Bastion is on defense.

Just being able to counter a hero is not enough.
    What matters is what happens when you don't counter it and how hard it is to counter him.
    Shoot an arrow in his face, problem solved.