Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    they sure love that god damn "jumping onto the back of a gryphon" scene.
    They love it to much, they have described so many awesome sounding scenes but the marketing guys keep giving us the same scenes like it's a 30 minute tv show, not a 2 hour+ movie
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
    Name those other MMO that lost over 70% of their players in two years!
    Name the MMO that still manages to be many times more successful than those other MMOs despite the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
    Name the MMO that still manages to be many times more successful than those other MMOs despite the loss.
    Does that automatically make it better than other mmos though? Because if it does than I guess Call of Duty and League of Legends are fucking pieces of exquisite art.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    So basically you will not feel your gear's strength in the new zones... I am 100% sure they are systematically destroying this game.

We are forced to use these "legendary" (common) weapons... there is no alternative it is like garrison all over again.
    Level scaling system as I understand it:

Say You are a level 100 in full greens, you have 500k HP, you go around and hit a mob for 10% of its health (Ignore the amount of health 10% represents for you). Then this mob hits you for 5% of your health (That's 25k HP).

A level 110 in full greens with 1m HP (1 million or twice your health); He then hits the mob for 10%
    Then the mob hits him for 5% of his health (50k HP).

Now suddenly a level 110 in FULL MYTHIC gear with 2m HP comes by and hits this same mob, and he takes 40% of the mobs HP.

So a player 100 with level appropriate greens is as bad as a 110 with level appropriate in greens; A player 100 with level appropriate epics* is as good as a 110 with level appropriate epics.

So TL;DR

Everyone hits the mob for some % of its HP; The mob hits for a % of each individual HP. And while level does not improve your performance, (level appropriate) item quality does.

*The level 100 with epics is only at his best while he remains at 100, once he hits 101 (and reaches 50% of XP according to the latest post) he is no longer using the best possible gear for his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    It's more convenient to have mobs level with you, increasing experience gains and avoiding out leveling zones. The fact is, if you ding and start attacking mobs your same level in retail, it's the same thing. It's been that way from the beginning. Complaining about item level to mob power ratios is asinine. You could just suggest that you don't want mobs to level with you. That's actually what you're asking for. Or am I wrong; are you actually asking for mobs to get easier as you level? -_-
    I'm not 'asking' for anything, dimwit, I'm trying to explain what I think they're doing.

And yes, right now if you level to 95 and go attack a 95 mob, it works that way. BUT if you level to 95 while questing among 94s or 93s, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    I'm not 'asking' for anything, dimwit, I'm trying to explain what I think they're doing.

And yes, right now if you level to 95 and go attack a 95 mob, it works that way. BUT if you level to 95 while questing among 94s or 93s, it does not.
    Fuck off with the name calling. You're not explaining anything, you're just looking for an argument. Having mobs scale with you and *then* making them easier when you level is pathetic hand holding. This was my original statement, and it's an opinion. Don't get salty because you disagree.

Fuck off with the name calling. You're not explaining anything, you're just looking for an argument. Having mobs scale with you and *then* making them easier when you level is pathetic hand holding. This was my original statement, and it's an opinion. Don't get salty because you disagree.
    Then don't misrepresent what I said to imply I'm stupid. Or pretend you have some great insight into my motivations.

And go fuck yourself, dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Then don't misrepresent what I said to imply I'm stupid. Or pretend you have some great insight into my motivations.

And go fuck yourself, dipshit.
    I didn't misrepresent what you said, you were defending higher level mobs actually getting easier when you ding. If you feel differently than that, then you should clarify what you actually want to say. Otherwise, just getting all salty because someone disagrees and you get nasty with them makes you look like a childish, selfish, Cata-baby.

I didn't misrepresent what you said, you were defending higher level mobs actually getting easier when you ding.
    I really was not. But I'm not sure I understand your point here in any case. Isn't a level 96 mob easier to kill at 96 than at 94? And a bit easier still at 97?

If you feel differently than that, then you should clarify what you actually want to say.
    Ok. Here goes. I don't see a problem with having a brief delay in the scaling of mobs compared to players who have just dinged. It's no different than what happens now. You reach 95, level 94 mobs are a bit easier. Mobs higher than, oh, 97 or so should still be a challenge if not outright hard.

But since most mobs will scale, there won't be a lot of mobs that much higher, if any. And overall I doubt the effect of this scaling-lag will be any different from now, when you move from fighting 94s at 95 to fighting 95s. Will you really even notice?

Otherwise, just getting all salty because someone disagrees and you get nasty with them makes you look like a childish, selfish, Cata-baby.
    A) And you're not getting salty at Blizz because you disagree with them...?
    B) 'Dimwit' is 'salty' and 'nasty' on your planet? Aw, diddums, I'm sowwy I bwuised your ickle feewings.
    C) Cata-baby? Was... was that supposed to be... something? Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Does that automatically make it better than other mmos though? Because if it does than I guess Call of Duty and League of Legends are fucking pieces of exquisite art.
    Justin Bieber is a music legend and guangum style or whatever the hell it is called is the best song of all time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    After playing other mmos where you have to cc quest mobs and use potions and defensives every pull or you die all of you need to seriously stfu and stop being such babies. WoW is the baby mmo, everything in it is a goddamn joke. We need to have leveling be harder not easier.
    If you don't like it, then don't play it. Go play your other mmos. We like wow the way it is.

Gee what type of stereotypical human does the gorilla remind me of?

All of the characters seems like cheesy stereotypes with no soul. Gunslinger and Buddhist and it goes on and on.

The lack of originality, the stereotypes, the boring copy pasta gameplay and graphics? 3 strikes!

Maybe its not fun for different reasons, but thats my 2 cents. Rather play CS if I had the urge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Gee what type of stereotypical human does the gorilla remind me of?

All of the characters seems like cheesy stereotypes with no soul. Gunslinger and Buddhist and it goes on and on.

The lack of originality, the stereotypes, the boring copy pasta gameplay and graphics? 3 strikes!

Maybe its not fun for different reasons, but thats my 2 cents. Rather play CS if I had the urge.
    Did you play it? Because overwatch is incredibly fun! bought it after day 1 of free beta inv, 0 regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrieur View Post
    Did you play it? Because overwatch is incredibly fun! bought it after day 1 of free beta inv, 0 regrets.
    I don't like the atmosphere. Since I can't get into it, there's no way I'll ever learn the maps, which is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    If you don't like it, then don't play it. Go play your other mmos. We like wow the way it is.
    Spoken like a true LFR hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Spoken like a true LFR hero.
    Spoken like a true no-life raider.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Spoken like a true no-life raider.
    There are 168 hours in a week. I spend 12 of them raiding and beat mythic content. Seems like you have bad time management skills and just plain fucking suck at this game.

Deleted
    Yeah, better get back eating your doritos and drinking your fat cola, you super pro.