Poll: Who would win in a duel

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He is supposed to be a smaller orc. He has been described as such multiple times. Doesn't mean he isn't incredibly strong, though. He does cleave through Mannaroth's sword, armor and thick hide with a single blow.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    He is supposed to be a smaller orc. He has been described as such multiple times. Doesn't mean he isn't incredibly strong, though. He does cleave through Mannaroth's sword, armor and thick hide with a single blow.
    Leaner, than most orcs. But still as tall

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post

he doesn't look lean to me
    Not as muscled as other orcs, that was also post fel juice
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You were right, it was a single blow. I had problems with understanding the part after this blow, my bad english, but it seemed like he still managed to hit Doomhammer a last time as he died. And that's kinda epic.

And we shouldn't forget that he was described as big and as strong as most Orc Warriors, while he was an old man. Orgrim Doomhammer was bigger, stronger, faster and younger and still Lothars last fight was titanic and very close. The killing Blow was mere luck (no, I don't say that Doomhammer just won because of luck, everything that lead to this situation proved his skill but the way he landed this blow, Lothars Sword breaking the moment he parried an critical hit was luck).
    The fact that Lothar lost is not relevant in the end, the simple fact that he stood his ground against one of the strongest Orc warriors in his prime while Lothar himself wasn't anymore was a worthy achievement itself. It's still not relevant to the thread though, this is not about Orgrim vs Lothar.

Is there ony thing, one trait were the Tauren don't are perfect? They are like the shamanistic Version of Draenei.
    What does that even mean? You're pissed because they can be paladins? Being versatile and being perfect is not the same. Trolls are far more versatile to begin with, if you include the Zandalari they can literally play every single class of this game. You also seems to forget that Tauren had a lesser number of playable classes to begin with and they can't still be mages, warlocks or rogues.

What has the Fact that they use Sword and Shield to do with it? Especially because the Orcs often don't have Armors, it's stupid that they use two-handed weapons to begin with.
    It's not really stupid when you're stronger, faster and tougher than any human. Even in WC3 this was evident, Footmen could raise their shields and excel defensively but in a direct confrontation, they had less health and did less damage than Grunts. In other words, they were effectively weaker.

A shield is probably one of the best things you could bring to a battlefield, it's a multifunctional piece of Armor and a Weapon at once.
    It's not really multifunctional, is mainly a defensive tool with rare offensive uses. It's also heavy and cumbermose, limiting the movements and agility of the soldier. Limited armor and common use of two-handed weapons would be deadly for Humans because they're soft meatballs particularly easy to kill, races like Orcs, Tauren and Trolls needs much more to be brought down. Heck, Trolls can even regenerate their non-lethal wounds in due time.

I think they use more advanced Martial Arts, because their overal culture and warfare is far more advanced than the Taurens.
    How they're more advanced? Because they don't live in the wilds and have comfy beds? That's only guarantee the vast majority of your people will grow fat and weak, with only a number of trained soldiers meant to protect them. When it comes to Orcs or Tauren, almost everyone is either a warrior, a shaman, a hunter or any other sort of combatant. Human's warfare is more advanced thanks to Dwarves and Gnomes, which is a matter of weaponry and technology, not of martial prowess (a gap which is far less huge now days with the Horde itself advancing in terms of technology, especially after the Bilgewater Cartel joined the Horde).

We can't even say Human's culture is more "advanced" because in the end is just different. Tauren has their own different culture and understanding of things Humans has no clue about. In fact, from Tauren's own point of view is probably Human's culture the one in need of "advancement".

Yeah, but those Knights we probably won't see very often on the Battlefield, for they would do everything they can to not fight an real Battle. I refer to those guys the Orcs refered to as fiends.
    Well, Barthilas wasn't excatly a nobody, he was trained as a paladin and eager to meet orcs in battle. He even succeeded Tirion as ruler of Hearthglen when the latter got exiled. It's just that Barthilas, despite all his blabber and titles, was fundamentally a wimp.

And I still wouldn't say you could compare Garrosh to someone like Doomhammer. You guys just cant depict it as Lothar would easily lose to Cairne, it would be a hart and close Battle.
    Garrosh is definitely the closest Orc Warrior you can compare to an Orgrim Doomhammer in his prime. I can't say if they were equals but one wouldn't definitely be much inferior to the other, especially when both wielded weapons of top-tier orcish craftmanship. But where an old Lothar lost to Orgrim Doomhammer, an incredibly old Cairne made Garrosh Hellscream his bitch. There's really nothing supporting the idea of Lothar standing a real chance or even lasting long to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They were equal and Garrosh was moving alot faster than he did in ashenvale.
    I'm not sure if Garrosh became any faster from the fight in Ashenvale or simply Varian himself got slower (snarkly pointed out by Garrosh). If anything, that undeniably proved that without the blessing of the wolf ancient Varian ain't that "badass".

- - - Updated - - -

And damn, I love that art. Look at that Night Elf skulls. Or the bodies hanged above. What a sight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom was a pretty cool guy, eh killed night elves and doesn't afraid of anything
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The fact that Lothar lost is not relevant in the end, the simple fact that he stood his ground against one of the strongest Orc warriors in his prime while Lothar himself wasn't anymore was a worthy achievement itself. It's still not relevant to the thread though, this is not about Orgrim vs Lothar.
    Yeah, but for Lothar vs Cairne both fights, Lothar vs Doomhammer and Cairne vs Garrosh are important because these are the fights were we saw their abiilities.

What does that even mean? You're pissed because they can be paladins? Being versatile and being perfect is not the same. Trolls are far more versatile to begin with, if you include the Zandalari they can literally play every single class of this game. You also seems to forget that Tauren had a lesser number of playable classes to begin with and they can't still be mages, warlocks or rogues.
    I just don't like them. They are pretty much like the Hordes Draenei...still far better than the actual Draenei, but pretty much the Hordes Draenei.

It's not really stupid when you're stronger, faster and tougher than any human. Even in WC3 this was evident, Footmen could raise their shields and excel defensively but in a direct confrontation, they had less health and did less damage than Grunts. In other words, they were effectively weaker.
    Which is pretty much a gameplay Mechanic. If you don't have a Armor, a Shield is pretty much the only thing that protects you on a battlefield, a place were deadly Weapons are swung in every Direction.

It's not really multifunctional, is mainly a defensive tool with rare offensive uses. It's also heavy and cumbermose, limiting the movements and agility of the soldier. Limited armor and common use of two-handed weapons would be deadly for Humans because they're soft meatballs particularly easy to kill, races like Orcs, Tauren and Trolls needs much more to be brought down. Heck, Trolls can even regenerate their non-lethal wounds in due time.
    It is pretty easy to use a Shield offensively. A shield slam hurts and can give you to oportunity to land the killing strike. And while they limit the movements of your arm compared to Dual Wielding, this is not a real disadvantage because you don't need to move that much if you have a big Shield of the size that it would actualy limit your movement, because it protects a big area of a Body. Everyone who knows the slightest about historical warfare can tell you that a Shield is one of the most awesome inventions of Warfare. And while Human Soldiers are inferior to Orcs or Tauren in 1v1 Battles, the probably succeed on the Battlefield, because a Trooper is trained to function as a group, in formations and stuff while Orcs seem to be pretty much typical Barbarians who just try to pick their enemies and attack them.

How they're more advanced? Because they don't live in the wilds and have comfy beds? That's only guarantee the vast majority of your people will grow fat and weak, with only a number of trained soldiers meant to protect them. When it comes to Orcs or Tauren, almost everyone is either a warrior, a shaman, a hunter or any other sort of combatant. Human's warfare is more advanced thanks to Dwarves and Gnomes, which is a matter of weaponry and technology, not of martial prowess (a gap which is far less huge now days with the Horde itself advancing in terms of technology, especially after the Bilgewater Cartel joined the Horde).

We can't even say Human's culture is more "advanced" because in the end is just different. Tauren has their own different culture and understanding of things Humans has no clue about. In fact, from Tauren's own point of view is probably Human's culture the one in need of "advancement".
    Compare human weapons and armors to those of the Tauren. Compare the way they fight, as one organized group, to the way the Tauren fight, as a group of savages.

Well, Barthilas wasn't excatly a nobody, he was trained as a paladin and eager to meet orcs in battle. He even succeeded Tirion as ruler of Hearthglen when the latter got exiled. It's just that Barthilas, despite all his blabber and titles, was fundamentally a wimp.
    Yeah, but one asshole compared to every other Paladin we saw and who was badass or the Knights that are described as fiends by the Orcs?

[quote]Garrosh is definitely the closest Orc Warrior you can compare to an Orgrim Doomhammer in his prime. I can't say if they were equals but one wouldn't definitely be much inferior to the other, especially when both wielded weapons of top-tier orcish craftmanship. But where an old Lothar lost to Orgrim Doomhammer, an incredibly old Cairne made Garrosh Hellscream his bitch. There's really nothing supporting the idea of Lothar standing a real chance or even lasting long to begin with.[quote]

Yeah, but I also think that Age hits humans harder than races like Orcs or Tauren. And we don't even know if Cairne was physically much older than Lothar, if we compare their lifespans.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Still find it kind of weird he died by the hands of Garrosh, he was poisoned I know but still.
    Weird? He was beating Garrosh before the poison kicked in, the crowd was acknowledging this also, IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    To M-ra, try blocking a tree trunk with a sheild, try parrying it with a sword, try to get into reach of a 12 foot tall guy who can swing the said tree trunk as fast as a human does with a sword. 99/100 times you are fucked
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    To M-ra, try blocking a tree trunk with a sheild, try parrying it with a sword, try to get into reach of a 12 foot tall guy who can swing the said tree trunk as fast as a human does with a sword. 99/100 times you are fucked
    The fact that he has to widely swing it to use this kind of weapon gives you plenty of openings or opportunities to attack or dodge. Even if a Tauren can lift this trunk easily, this doesn't makes it a good weapon. If you could decide between a fence post or a proper hammer as a weapon, what would you chose?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that he has to widely swing it to use this kind of weapon gives you plenty of openings or opportunities to attack or dodge. Even if a Tauren can lift this trunk easily, this doesn't makes it a good weapon. If you could decide between a fence post or a proper hammer as a weapon, what would you chose?
    your entire answer is incorrect, because once again you are trying to apply human anatomy to a Tauren, their body lets them swing the totem like a hammer and with ease enough to recover.
    Holy shit lol

I'm an Alliance fanboy who is probably one of the few people ever that actually likes Varian. I also hate Garrosh not only for who he was as a person but for the stupid development he had and villain bat he was struck with but Blizzard has really only ever attempted to portray him and Varian as pretty much equals in combat. Neither was ever really superior over the other.

I say Lothar, without Question.

Cairne may be a great Warrior, but I think as a legendary Knight, Lothar had the better Technique and the better Weapon. Even as an old Man, it took an Orgrim Doomhammer in his prime to bring him down. I don't think that Cairne was an Orgrim Doomhammer.
    I remember reading that an average orc could take 2 average humans thanks to their massively superior physique compared to humans. Orgrim wasn't an average orc. Lothar wasn't an average human. Proportionally, Lothar was worth a lot more than Orgrim, considering he barely lost to him 1v1.

I also remember reading that an average tauren could take 4-5 average humans. But Cairne wasn't average.

Cairne would have rolled over Lothar. His training doesn't matter, his equipment doesn't matter. Even if he was significantly better trained and had more experience than Cairne (none of which is really true, Cairne fought centaurs for decades and survived, that has to count for something), he'd still have to somehow get past Cairne's durability and sheer strength. A single mistake and he'd be dead. This isn't even a contest, Cairne wouldn't have broken a sweat in a duel against Lothar. Nor would he in a fair duel against any orc, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    your entire answer is incorrect, because once again you are trying to apply human anatomy to a Tauren, their body lets them swing the totem like a hammer and with ease enough to recover.
    This has nothing to do with applying human anatomy to Tauren anatomy, but the simple fact that even a Tauren can't gasp his Hand complet over a Totem. He don't have a proper grip over his weapon, which means he can handle it properly like he could handle a weapon with a actual grip and it's easier to toss such a weapon of the Hands of a Tauren. Also, the form looks like their is a too big surface, so the force and the strength of the Tauren isn't used well, because the Force of his strikes allotted over a lager area instead of concentrated at one point.

This interpretation of a Tauren blunt weapon is far and practical:

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...rmal/73301.jpg

Such a weapon in a two handed version would beat every Tauren totem, because it has a proper handle and because of the wings, the part with which you hit your opponent, the force of a strike is more focused than with a normal tauren Totem. Because it is a Mace, most of the weight is centered on the head, which gives a strike more force, while the weight of a totem if distributed equally all over the whole weapon, which is the one thing you should totally avoid if you designe a blunt weapon. The Totem just isn't an effective or well-thought weapon. This fact hase nothing to do with being a fangirl, but with mere logic.

Compare human weapons and armors to those of the Tauren. Compare the way they fight, as one organized group, to the way the Tauren fight, as a group of savages.
    Where do you even get this stuff? Since when do Tauren act like savages?

sav·age
    /ˈsavij/

adjective: savage

1. (of an animal or force of nature) fierce, violent, and uncontrolled.
    "tales of a savage beast"

noun: savage; plural noun: savages

1. (chiefly in historical or literary contexts) a member of a people regarded as primitive and uncivilized.

I mean, sure, some elitists living in big cities might consider them primitive because they live closer to the land, but that's more a philosophy of life than lack of advancement. And no one who's visited Tauren settlements or read the books would describe them as violent or uncontrolled. They can resort to violence when necessary, but are much calmer and more level headed than most other races.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

In the MoP cinematic that human (who looked in his 50s minimum) managed to throw a big orc who jumped on him from a higher ground with relative easy.

People that are trying to compare real life humans to orcs and taurens is just silly. Humans in WoW are way stronger than human in real life as the cinematic of MoP have showed us.

So i go with Lothar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yeah, but for Lothar vs Cairne both fights, Lothar vs Doomhammer and Cairne vs Garrosh are important because these are the fights were we saw their abiilities.
    Yeah, and the tip isn't really on Lothar's favor, at all.

I just don't like them. They are pretty much like the Hordes Draenei...still far better than the actual Draenei, but pretty much the Hordes Draenei.
    Whatever I guess?

Which is pretty much a gameplay Mechanic.
    No? Orcs and Tauren are physically stronger and tougher, that's a fact. A Tauren could make a Footman fly with his totem much like a baseball player does to the ball with his mace.

If you don't have a Armor, a Shield is pretty much the only thing that protects you on a battlefield, a place were deadly Weapons are swung in every Direction.
    Except the fact that you're far more agile and mobile without a shield, an advantage you can exploit when your physical attributes are far above your average human. I mean, Tauren's totems are huge enough to be almost exploited like shields while being far more handy to use in Tauren's hands, let alone the ridiculous offensive potential.

It is pretty easy to use a Shield offensively.
    It can be used offensively but isn't excatly easy. The shield has a very cumbersome shape and use it for anything but defense requires quite an effort. Besides, as I said, its greatest efficiency comes from the defensive value, the offensive potential is limited and only occasional.

And while they limit the movements of your arm compared to Dual Wielding, this is not a real disadvantage because you don't need to move that much if you have a big Shield of the size that it would actualy limit your movement, because it protects a big area of a Body.
    And that's the point. You're protected, but you're also an easy target. For a human is still a worthy exchange because it's too damn easy die in the battlefield without proper protection. But again, Tauren are not Humans. Humans in Warcraft are one of the softer, most physically vulnerable races of the franchise. It's only natural for them to resort to a kind of weaponry and warfare closer to the mediaeval one, because they're pretty much identical to humans IRL.

Everyone who knows the slightest about historical warfare can tell you that a Shield is one of the most awesome inventions of Warfare.
    I say gunpowder beats shields by a huge margin when it comes to military inventions.

And that's again besides the point. You can apply our history to Warcraft humans alone, it doesn't make sense to do the same with fantasy races in general.

And while Human Soldiers are inferior to Orcs or Tauren in 1v1 Battles, the probably succeed on the Battlefield, because a Trooper is trained to function as a group, in formations and stuff while Orcs seem to be pretty much typical Barbarians who just try to pick their enemies and attack them.
    This is not Dungeons & Dragons, the monsters aren't just "barbarians". If you would have payed attention to the lore, Orcs fought like barbarians when they were under the effects of the demon blood and likely had little care of complex military tactics in Draenor since survival was the only thing they had to fight for. Still, already in WoD you see Orcs resorting to much more complex military approaches, all they needed was the technology and weaponry to become an actual army and not just a bunch of savages fighting survival-threatening odds all days. Likewise, orcs of our reality too became versed in more complex tactics the moment Thrall came to power. This is how Orcs compensated the loss of the demon blood, through discipline and the full usage of their clear minds in battle, not just muscles, rage and bloodlust. And Humans compensats their own lackings with the usage of equipment and defensive tactics that would simply handicap the potential of stronger races, since they have no inhumane strength, toughness, agility or dexterity to exploit. Because, you know, they're just Humans.

Similar reasoning applies to the Tauren, they hardly fought any full-scale war, they simply warred with centaur, quillboars ecc. for survival. Of course, much like Thrall changed the Orcs, the Orcs changed the Tauren so this is no longer the case nowdays.

Besides, this has nothing to do with martial prowess. Tauren hardly faced any gigantic war nor had the necessity to resort to complex military tactics before WC3, but you can be sure as hell that fighting your whole life for almost a century turns you in quite a killing machine.

Compare human weapons and armors to those of the Tauren.
    Because Tauren don't have swords, maces or shields right? Heck, at the times of Vanilla they even learned how to create and use guns the very moment Dwarves began to mess in their lands. There was even a quest (it's still a thing actually, since Dustwallow Marshes got barely updated in Cataclysm) where you recover a shield crafted by a Tauren blacksmith, a guy acknowledged as one of the best within the Horde.

Why they use totems despite all this? Because it fits them, especially Tauren in the peak of their youth.

Compare the way they fight, as one organized group, to the way the Tauren fight, as a group of savages.
    I don't think you're aware what "savage" means. The only thing making Humans less "savage" than Tauren is the comfy lifestyle.

Yeah, but one asshole compared to every other Paladin we saw and who was badass or the Knights that are described as fiends by the Orcs?
    The point is that a worthless asshole can indeed become a Knight. Besides, Orcs regarded Knights as "fiends" because of their mounted combat upon horses, animals they never saw before, for the way they quickly run through the battlefield and cut orcs left and right. It doesn't necessarily say much about their value on foot, Orcs didn't definitely see them as "fiends" for that.

Yeah, but I also think that Age hits humans harder than races like Orcs or Tauren.
    The comments of people like Hamuul, Cairne, Eitrigg and Saurfang suggests otherwise.

And we don't even know if Cairne was physically much older than Lothar, if we compare their lifespans.
    Those 106 years were definitely not those of a Human but it was a very advanced age for a Tauren nonetheless. He talked of bones aching as your most typical oldie and the whole reason why he couldn't properly swing a totem anymore. Lothar was old but more "far beyond middle age" kind of old.

This has nothing to do with applying human anatomy to Tauren anatomy, but the simple fact that even a Tauren can't gasp his Hand complet over a Totem. He don't have a proper grip over his weapon, which means he can handle it properly like he could handle a weapon with a actual grip and it's easier to toss such a weapon of the Hands of a Tauren.
    Lol are you serious? Do you think you can disarm a Totem-wielding Tauren like you disarm a swordsman? Let alone that Tauren has quite huge hands and muscles, the mere weight and size of the totem makes the feat practically impossible, effectively nullifying the supposed "disadvantage" of being unable to grip a totem like you grip a mace.

Also, the form looks like their is a too big surface, so the force and the strength of the Tauren isn't used well, because the Force of his strikes allotted over a lager area instead of concentrated at one point.
    Except totems aren't meant to concentrate the strength in one point, the whole totem is used to deliver that force, that's why it has no clear grip or edge.

Such a weapon in a two handed version would beat every Tauren totem, because it has a proper handle and because of the wings, the part with which you hit your opponent, the force of a strike is more focused than with a normal tauren Totem. Because it is a Mace, most of the weight is centered on the head, which gives a strike more force, while the weight of a totem if distributed equally all over the whole weapon, which is the one thing you should totally avoid if you designe a blunt weapon. The Totem just isn't an effective or well-thought weapon.
    Besides the fact that your link doesn't work or that this is not a contest between weapons but between people of very different races fighting with such weapons, your analysis fails to acknowledge that to handle and exploit the full strength of a Tauren the weapon must be sturdy and huge from beginning to end, a thin grip is always going to waste a part of it.

A totem in a young Tauren's hands is the most destructive weapon imaginable, they could literally pulverize a shield, the guy wielding it and the soil he's standing upon. I mean, in WC3 they literally had a skill called Pulverize. And this without even consider the greater defensive value compared to most offensive weapons.

This fact hase nothing to do with being a fangirl, but with mere logic.
    To be fair, 90% of what you say is normally rooted in hardcore fangirlism so discern any degree of logic is always an effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    In the MoP cinematic that human (who looked in his 50s minimum) managed to throw a big orc who jumped on him from a higher ground with relative easy.
    The human didn't look like your average Footman at all, both for the physical shape and vestment. On the other hand, the orc looked like your most average Grunt.

So i go with Lothar.
    So from the MoP cinematic you concluded that Anduin Lothar would defeat Cairne Bloodhoof? Sounds fair.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One grunt is equal to two footmen. MoP cinematic doesn't really mean much. The Human looked like a captain of a ship due to his attire, and the orc just looked like a regular grunt. Trained humans skilled in combat can bridge the gap for sure, but skilled orcs or tauren at the height of their power would also maintain such an advantage.

Tauren stand several feet higher, weigh far more and are far more physically capable than any human is capable of, especially somebody with absolutely zero enhanced traits such as Lothar who was basically just an amazing warrior.

Tauren use fucking totem poles or giant pole axes, all of which give them an even larger ranged advantage than they already have. Someone of Lothar's stature isn't going to parry or stop somebody with the physical strength of Cairne from absolutely pulverizing him in the actual literal sense. It doesn't matter how much armor you're wearing or even if you stop the blow, you're going to feel the effects of something that massive coming down on you.

I mean speaking in grand terms, the weapon type that Cairne and Tauren use are essentially the best weapon you can use in 'melee' combat. The disadvantages of those types of weapons as we might see listed in our own history with such weapons is completely erased when you give it to a made up creature with the physical prowess of a Tauren. Just think of what melee weapon you would want in medieval times, and how scary if it was even bigger on something that towered over a typical human and weighed at least 4x-5x as much.

Tauren while big aren't in any sense portrayed as completely immobile. While certainly not the most agile race, they aren't ogres which is probably the closest comparison to them in terms of raw physical strength.

Anduin Lothar fanboy here, but also enjoy not losing money.

I would have to say Cairn has a clear advantage because of his size. There is a reason competitive boxing, wrestling, MMA etc have weight classes. Generally, Lothar is going into the fight as an underdog.

However, depending on the conditions this could change.

If its Mak'gora, loin cloths and choice of weapon, Using a spear Lothar would need to dance around Cairn and tire him out. Making calculated attacks, jukes etc and forcing mistakes, but I'm sure Cairn would do the same. (The Oberyn Mountain Fight is not a good example of small vs big because Lothar wouldn't be fighting with a poisoned spear.)

If the fight takes place out in the world with Cairn in his standard get up and Lothar with magical swords and armour augmenting his strength and speed, the two would be more evenly matched. If Lothar is using a sword and shield and is able to block cairns blows with the magical equipment, in this situation, I would feel more comfortable putting money down on Lothar.

The thing to remember about medieval and European martial arts, how knights are trained, is the grappling and very closer quarter engagements. It isn't just clanging of swords. Unless Lothar has augmented equipment this style of fighting is useless against Cairn Bloodhoof.

A third option? If Odyn came down from the halls of valar and somehow turned Lothar into a vrykul. how would the fight go then?

It would be epic for sure. Nothing but respect for Cairn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking love M-Ra's attempt at being an Armchair General/tactician. When someone has a 5 feet plus height advantage on you and 500 lbs of muscle more a shield will do nothing.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The Human looked like a captain of a ship due to his attire, and the orc just looked like a regular grunt.
    This was blatant throughout their brief fight as well. The human looked very confident and focused, like your typical veteran. The orc on the other hand seemed a bit of a young noob trying to improvise and doing so in a quite confused manner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Cairne was canonically acknowledged as one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet. Lothar is a legend but I really doubt he could compete with that.
    Wow, so that one geriatric Tauren was in the same echelon as Deathwing, Archmonde, and the Lich King?

Lothar. Because he's played by Ragnar Lothbrok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Gosh.........

The moment that he stepped onto the shore of Ashenvale, Varian had felt the call of Goldrinn even more than he had during the ritual. It had grown stronger with each breath he took-so strong that he finally no longer resisted it but fully embraced it.
    Clad in lightweight but durable leather armor and with Shalamayne sheathed at his side, Varian started running, running with purpose.
    Genn Greymane had seen him standing there, watching the forest.
    The aura of Goldrinn had grown around the king of Stormwind. All the worgen could see it, even if Varian's own peoplecould not. Genn had realized what about to happen and had been the one to tell those of Stormwind to follow as best they could later. Almost immediately after that point, Varian had disappeared among the trees.
    Varian would recall little of the run through the forest. He only knew deep inside that somehow he ran faster than he should have been possible, that he seemed to outrace time itself. The spirit of Goldrinn fueled him, the great wolf's fury touching his heart and enabling Varian to push on and on toward his destination

How are these just personal thoughts? Please explain.

I'm not saying that Goldrin gave him fighting skills. Can you even read? Varian won because of the stamina buff.
    Jesus Christ, that shit is just cringeworthy.

How many fucking hyperboles can you cram into a single piece of text?