Thread: Dawn of War 3

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Do we know if it has an army painter? It better.
    Apparently, there is not. Last thing I remember was relic saying "Yeah, we know a lot of people really want it, but its not in yet. Maybe at a later time."

Edit: the only thing that is somewhat customisable are elite units, afaik.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-03-16 at 04:32 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Apparently, there is not. Last thing I remember was relic saying "Yeah, we know a lot of people really want it, but its not in yet. Maybe at a later time."

Well damn, I admit it isn't an essential but still another disappointment, at this rate this game really isn't looking like it will deliver much if at all of what I expect from the franchise.

Ok, the cinematic trailer was amazing. But the rest until now... Went from Okay..... to god damnit wtf is wrong with the them????????

Very sad after that amazing cinematic trailer. How Hard can it be to release simple 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 modes.

And did i hear no coop campaign? Hmm what happened to relic?

Do we know if it has an army painter? It better.
    Pretty sure it does, but don't quote me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Very sad after that amazing cinematic trailer. How Hard can it be to release simple 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 modes.

And did i hear no coop campaign? Hmm what happened to relic?
    Coop is gone because it's more of a traditional RTS. Coop worked out in DoW 2 because of the whole Squad-stuff and 2 players controlling 2 squads each. That stuff is harder to manage with a traditional system like StarCraft or anything else, unless they would've made it like that one Gamemode in StarCraft, where one player is up for base building and upgrading stuff, while the other micros units around. But lets be honest here, the fights in Dawn of War games always were more spectacular than building bases
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reviews are coming out and aren't terrible...

But I still have legit zero hype for this game.

Hell it could be 50% off right now and I still probably wouldn't want it

10+ Year Old Account
    You can sign-up for the open beta right now if you're interested (to play this weekend). here
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    You can sign-up for the open beta right now if you're interested (to play this weekend). here
    I have had a relic account for years, at least since the first DoW release. That site says I don't. Wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Have they said anything about adding races through DLC? or will they go the the route of previous DoW games and add them through expansions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Have they said anything about adding races through DLC? or will they go the the route of previous DoW games and add them through expansions?
    The lead developer confirmed there will be at least one expansion, I believe.

They haven't commented on DLC at all though, but I am sure it will be a DLC smorgasbord... Since Games Workshop and SEGA are both scumbags in this regard.

Especially since the launch content is so sparse... It includes the campaign, three factions, and eight multiplayer maps... That's it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    As of today u dont need to sign up for the beta u can just download ot from steam

- - - Updated - - -

Well damn, I admit it isn't an essential but still another disappointment, at this rate this game really isn't looking like it will deliver much if at all of what I expect from the franchise.
    It has an army painter and they have premade painted models for all chapters and some sub chapters. You can also make some customised ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, I've been following it for a while and only really been more disappointed as time went on. Now when the open beta is around, anyone here who has tried it and got an opinion on the gameplay? From the comment section regarding the open beta on steam it just seems too much of a hassle to try it out.

I don't mind the lack of races for now, but removing the whole 'cover system' and having the Multiplayer end up more like a MOBA-based thing, I'm just not looking forward to it. x_x Kind of a shame since DoW1 was my first introduction to W40K and really grew fond of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    So, I've been following it for a while and only really been more disappointed as time went on. Now when the open beta is around, anyone here who has tried it and got an opinion on the gameplay? From the comment section regarding the open beta on steam it just seems too much of a hassle to try it out.

I don't mind the lack of races for now, but removing the whole 'cover system' and having the Multiplayer end up more like a MOBA-based thing, I'm just not looking forward to it. x_x Kind of a shame since DoW1 was my first introduction to W40K and really grew fond of it.
    Had one round on the beta multiplayer. Did not like it. Felt too removed from the units. This has stopped me preordering, I bought inquisitor instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was a quick disappointment. I have no fucking desire to play MP, but that's all this beta is. I would've had no issue playing a skirmish against AI, but I can't figure out how to add them as players. What a waste of a download.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post

it really seems like its hard to get a non second rate game for 40k franchise. Like what the fuck. iv watched for the past 10 years and nothing but meh. DOW1 and 2 were meh, space marine was meh. A bunch of indie games on steam. For a franchise that has such a rich deep and violent setting one would think A studio that was worth a shit could churn out a game that was more than Meh for it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have had a relic account for years, at least since the first DoW release. That site says I don't. Wtf.
    Yeah, I think it might have something to do with the THQ meltdown. I was pretty sure I had a Relic account myself, but it said I didn't. I registered using the same email I used to register my old Relic account (and most of my non-Steam game accounts) and it let me. They may have done an account wipe or perhaps deactivated some old accounts when they migrated to Sega.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I played (some of) the beta and I liked what I saw. Great attention to detail, smooth gameplay, and played well. My biggest beef though is that the only races we have access to are Space Marines, Eldar and Orks. I'm sure for plenty of people that's fine but the only one I really like playing is Chaos Space Marines. Which, if the previous games are any indication of what to expect, I'll end up seeing it as a DLC or part of an expansion and that annoys me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I played (some of) the beta and I liked what I saw. Great attention to detail, smooth gameplay, and played well. My biggest beef though is that the only races we have access to are Space Marines, Eldar and Orks. I'm sure for plenty of people that's fine but the only one I really like playing is Chaos Space Marines. Which, if the previous games are any indication of what to expect, I'll end up seeing it as a DLC or part of an expansion and that annoys me.
    There is no doubt in my mind that other races will be DLC. I can only dream that they will come with their own campaign, rather than just being usable in skirmish/MP. Tau/Nid/Necron campaign to go next to the SM/Eldar/Orc campaign. That would be awesome.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played some of the beta, not really sure how I feel about it. I want more gore, more blood, those special killing animations (decapitating other units/slicing them in half). I'm just not liking it because it's too much like Starcraft now.