Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Well I'm going into my mid 30s now. There's no viva la revolution in the cards for me. You kids have to figure it out on your own now. I'm just going to pack my bags and hop on the first flight to Timbuktu when shit hits the fan.
    haha, I turn 35 this June. I have managed to watch the decline over time as well. No revolution in it for me either. But the military effectively took me out of the workforce anyways. Doctor misdiagnosed stuff trying to low ball me and lied on the paperwork to cover his butt, before anyone figured out I was serious and not faking, it was too late and stuck with nerve damage.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    how is he a leech when he works 50 hours a week, are you saying he does not pay taxes?
    Damn right he isnt. He might have money taken off his check but he gets it all back plus a lot more that well exceeds any taxes he paid throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    That man is also using his food stamps to buy an awfully large amount of brand name food and products. His cart should be full of nothing but Great Value products. In fact there should be a law that SNAP benefits can only be used on generic foods much like prescription coverage.
    As a man who has tried many of the Great Value products, many times I would rather eat the box.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    so they should eat lower quality food because they use food stamps?
    Yes. IF he wants brand name food, he can work a little more and get off food stamps and use his own money. Generic food isnt any worse than brand name, it just may have some more imperfections like more stalks in frozen brocolli and less crowns

Damn right he isnt. He might have money taken off his check but he gets it all back plus a lot more that well exceeds any taxes he paid throughout the year.
    Sales tax and property taxes don't get returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. IF he wants brand name food, he can work a little more and get off food stamps and use his own money. Generic food isnt any worse than brand name, it just may have some more imperfections like more stalks in frozen brocolli and less crowns
    Or how about you stop trying to cram your way into other people's lives?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    This is a misconception, a lot of store brand food is perfectly fine and in some cases better.
    for whom.
    i have tried them and in "almost" every case, its not.

i get more quality and substance with a better brand then a shady walmart brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Maybe we should like.. Let them work at some big old-style house that has huge fields of cotton, all the poor could pick that cotton and the owner of the house would make sure they would have a roof and some food.

Genius, I say!
    That's essentially how the system works now. The people you work for, no matter what job you have, also control the same products you need to buy with the money you make. They give you a little extra to create the illusion of freedom but ultimately at the end of the day you have to spend every waking hour of your life working for nothing more than to sustain yourself so you can work more.

Happier, healthier, more willfully ignorant slaves. But slaves all the same. You can never change your fortune because somebody else owns it. You've stopped fighting because you've been bumped up from a cage to a zoo paddock. The really shilly people get a whole preserve to themselves but either way there's a chain around their ankle too.

^^
    Probably the same guy who is protesting minimum wage increases

Just another person contributing to the endemic problem of thinking they have the right to stick their nose into other people's lives and provide a running commentary or critique and not mind their own fucking business. There are so many people out there writing checks with their mouths that their asses can't cash, its depressing. But not nearly as disgusting as the sub-human filth posting that people deserve to be shamed; creatures like that should be made to bite the fucking curb.

^^
    Probably the same guy who is protesting minimum wage increases
    Yep. I consider him a stage act on here. If you ever see what he normally posts. There is no way he could legitimately believe half the stuff he posts.

Angry rude woman gets mad at man in supermarket.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yep. I consider him a stage act on here. If you ever see what he normally posts. There is no way he could legitimately believe half the stuff he posts.
    So you're saying he might actually just be some liberal masquerading as a conservative strawman?

for whom.
    i have tried them and in "almost" every case, its not.

i get more quality and substance with a better brand then a shady walmart brand.
    I'm pretty sure you are just ignorant. If you do some research you'll find that a lot of "brand name" companies simply sell their product to stores like Walmart or Kroger and allow them to rebrand it.

There is virtually no difference between a Walmart box of Mac N' Cheese and a Velvetta box of Mac N' Cheese. You just sound spoiled.

So you're saying he might actually just be some liberal masquerading as a conservative strawman?
    He and Tennisace are the same person, who are actually just dummy accounts of someone else.

/inception

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    As a man who has tried many of the Great Value products, many times I would rather eat the box.
    I also always go for the store-brand products here in the Netherlands, and I barely notice a difference.
    Is this just an American thing?

Aside from the knock-off Oreo's from action, those are terrible.

The guy can buy caviar for all I care. If they can't manage the their money, they will go hungry. Food stamps are not a blank check or unlimited credit cards. They allocate specific amounts per month based on the information provided. After that, it's their money to spend on food. They can play it smart and buy economically or they can try to eat sushi every day and start begging for food the next 25 days of the month.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'm pretty sure you are just ignorant. If you do some research you'll find that a lot of "brand name" companies simply sell their product to stores like Walmart or Kroger and allow them to rebrand it.
    Not all products fall into this system though.

For example there is only one SPAM. All other canned luncheon meets are pleb tier.

Really shitty checkout lady.

Obviously the dumb bitch started the fight, but the guy hit back just as hard. The checkout lady should've at least attempted or voiced her opinion that "perhaps a vulgar argument isn't best suited with an audience of kids at walmart"

but no, she just stands there.

call security. do something.

christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I also always go for the store-brand products here in the Netherlands, and I barely notice a difference.
    Is this just an American thing?
    It is a spoiled American thing. There are exceptions to the rule, but no, generally when it comes to dried food, milk, and sweets, its all the same damn thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all products fall into this system though.

For example there is only one SPAM. All other canned luncheon meets are pleb tier.
    Why I said "a lot" but not "all".

It is a spoiled American thing. There are exceptions to the rule, but no, generally when it comes to dried food, milk, and sweets, its all the same damn thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Why I said "a lot" but not "all".
    I know. But yeah, as far as say fresh meats go... all meat at all stores unless you go to a proper butcher is Cargil meat (in North America at least). The manner in which the individual chain handles it can affect the quality though.