Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Void Lords: How do you want them to look?

Title says it all. I'm hoping for the Void Lords to look like bigger and badder Old Gods, with each Void Lord being similar to their corresponding Old God. (i.e the Void Lord who created C'Thun will look similar to him, and the Void Lord who created Yogg-Saron will have maws, etc (Judging that the Void Lords actually have a corresponding Old God)).

I hope Blizzard don't make the void Lords just plain void silhouettes like the current void walkers.. That would be very disappointing and boring.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2016-05-03 at 04:28 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

I want to see a massive rift in the center of a black hole, with hints of something indescribably immense staring or reaching out from the other side. I want the brief glimpses of their form to suggest bizarre shapes that can only loosely be compared to various animals with which we're more familiar. On top of that, they should all be very different in form.

I want to see a crooked "serpent" with no eyes and a black "goat" with seven. I want them to be watching us ominously from the beyond, as they use their incredible power to reshape or create things that they hurtle through to our reality.

Deleted
    We should never see them.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    We should never see them.
    Not all of them, but I think bits and pieces of them would be fine.

What I really want to see are altars dedicated to them. Statues shaped by races who worship them, going by how they think the Void lords look based on visions and dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    At least one void lord should look like void:

Deleted
    wait what? so old god are made by these void-lords now?

I really don't want to see them. For once, I wish they'd actually not explain / show us everything. The lore was so much better when it had a sense of mystery to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never want to see them.

I want them to remain these beings who are incomprehensible, to gaze on them would to be pure insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    What I really want to see are altars dedicated to them. Statues shaped by races who worship them, going by how they think the Void lords look based on visions and dreams.
    I'd be okay with that.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-05-03 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted

And yeah, I'm serious. I think the Anti Spiral looks kinda creepy.

Basically this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    wait what? so old god are made by these void-lords now?

I really don't want to see them. For once, I wish they'd actually not explain / show us everything. The lore was so much better when it had a sense of mystery to it.
    The void lords are shrouded in mystery at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I thought they couldn't properly manifest in our universe at all? The corrupted world-soul is the closest we can get, and even that isn't a true void lord.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I want them to look essentially like super-massive old gods (only not encased in something like the planet, of course), but so big that they're as large if not significantly larger than planets, very much like traditional Lovecraftian Outer Gods.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Void Lords are unable to manifest in the physical world, that is why they spewed fragments of themselves into The Great Dark and those fragments became the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Void Lords are unable to manifest in the physical world, that is why they spewed fragments of themselves into The Great Dark and those fragments became the Old Gods.
    They can, but only the most powerful and for a short time. They require untold amounts of matter and energy to consume in order to maintain their presence in reality. Old Gods aren't fragments of void lords, but their creations that serve them.

Always a tough one. The Lovecraft stories that inspired them always described such creatures as difficult to look at without going insane. Impossibly alien. The kind of thing that gives you PTSD and nightmares even if you survive the physical challenge.

How do you pull that off in a video game?

I'm imagining something horrific and shifting, with a Yog'saron type mechanic to keep you from getting too comfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree: I'd never want to see Void Lords in LFR. Geesh - leave us SOMETHING we can still be afraid of.

- - - Updated - - -

Just being around when one spawns should feel the way hearing a Fel Reaver approaching when you're level 58 in Hellfire Peninsula feels. Needs to be an "oh shit" moment, devoid of logic or rational response.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Old Gods were really an outstanding piece of lore and to diminish them to being merely middle-men to a group called "Void Lords" that have absolutely no lore of their own beyond their name pretty much seems criminal. I expect that they will also be middle-men and that there is a Void King as well, pushing the Old Gods further down the totem pole.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want them to look like my warlock's tank pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting in that we see the Naaru, but people don't want to see Void Lords. If Naaru are to be considered beings of the light, I'd expect the polar opposite for the Void Lords, in feel and appearance. Preferably not anything like the Old Gods that we know.
    Currently Procrastinating

The Void Lords are a really idiotic, unnecessary concept; the Old Gods are meant to be a Lovecraftian horror reference, something already from beyond our understanding.

A being who reaches in to our existence and its fingertip appears as an Old God, because that is the representation it chooses to be. The whole, "they do not live, they do not die, they are outside the cycle," is enough. Throwing some other name out and saying, "you thought THESE guys were bad, well they were just the minions of <insert bigger baddie>" is really lazy writing, and it weakens what they already have built.

What they already had was effectively what the Void Lords now are, just with some insipid caveat thrown in.

At most they should take the same route as Me'dan; a poor decision shoved to the side, never to be seen again.

The problem with the Old Gods was keeping them mysterious and scary while also letting us eventually kill them. I don't see the Void Lords as diminishing the Old Gods; the Old Gods were diminished as soon as players were able to kill C'tun in direct combat (something that never happened in Lovecraft novels - you always had to prevent his summoning or some-such, never dream you could actually fight him). The Void Lords just restore the franchise to a place above the reach of mortal weapons. And need to stay that way.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"