Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strithor View Post

We never do get to see the figures under those hoods, do we?
    Yahh....I think we have. They're most likely the dark riders that worked for medivh ages ago around the time just before before the dark portal opened. They're most likely not the void lords though. If anything, if the void lords have a physical form, then they'll most likely look like the dark riders...but with WAY more purple intergalactic armor, and crazy ass powerful weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already know what void lords look like. It's in Chronicle. They look like voidcallers.

Seeing as they are like anti-naaru in the sense that they are the essence of shadow and entropy, they should reflect that to some extent. Naaru are described as brightly glowing shapes that shift and change, so maybe a shifting mass of emptyness that rarely holds a form for long, like a part of space is just missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    We already know what void lords look like. It's in Chronicle. They look like voidcallers.
    Just finished reading through everything in the thread and have to say... That makes it very anticlimactic.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Bigger versions of voidwalkers. They can't be gooey or organic like the Old Gods, because they're pure Void energy like Void Walkers, Revenants, Gods, etc.

What makes the Old Gods cool is the Lovecraftian stuff, the Void Lords are nothing like that. You'll be super disappointed.

Which makes it all the more depressing that they're supposedly the new big bad.

Legion > Purple Clouds any day
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-06-21 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted

Lightbulb

Big black hole with purple highlights erupts in the sky, where for a glimpse we see eyes blinking(7), serpent-like figure dashing across the hole etc. From the hole falls a black droplets of massive size, infecting whole zone of Arathi Highlands with parasitic creatures. In the middle of Highlands a new Old God emerges from the biggest droplet, smaller drops manifests other boss-encounters. Mages of Dalaran are forced to close the zone, dooming everyone within to death. Only time we ever see anything of Voidlords for years.

This is how I would imagine introducing Void Lords ingame, in a patch trailer. Those who knew already what they were would get hyped, those who don't know, would want to find out asap.

Edit: Nothing sounds quite as stupid as new Old god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say similar to the sha. Both old god-like and shadowy/void-y.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    They are beings that made sargeras shit his pants.
    Yes he was so terrified of them that he kills them all.

Whereas the rest of the Pantheon would rather imprison them.

I wonder if that might prove to be a fatal mistake.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2016-06-21 at 07:19 PM.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. The fact that they made the Old Gods these guys lackey's is probably one of Blizzard's worst lore decisions.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you happen to have a scan or a quote of the page describing them, by any chance? I've yet to read the book myself, and I'm interested if the book directly tells you that.

Scratch what I said, I see what you mean with the two pictures. Derp to me.
    Last edited by 3DTyrant; 2016-06-21 at 09:42 PM.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Title says it all. I'm hoping for the Void Lords to look like bigger and badder Old Gods, with each Void Lord being similar to their corresponding Old God. (i.e the Void Lord who created C'Thun will look similar to him, and the Void Lord who created Yogg-Saron will have maws, etc (Judging that the Void Lords actually have a corresponding Old God)).

I hope Blizzard don't make the void Lords just plain void silhouettes like the current void walkers.. That would be very disappointing and boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    We should never see them.

And we will never see them.
    The lore to the void lords is they wanted to destroy all of existence that the titans were creating. HOWEVER, the void lords were incapable of manifesting into reality and it will always be that way. Thus they had no way of destroying reality. The void lords heard that the titans were born out of "World-souls" so they created the old gods and dispersed them out to hundreds of planets to corrupt the planet and world-soul at its source so they could have a corrupted titan. However, there was no idea of telling which planet would produce a world soul. Azeroth is just one of hundreds of planets that have old gods occupying them. Some planets are completely infested with them.

Side note: I forgot where the source was. But when sylvanas hurled herself to her death after the defeat of the lich king. Her soul went straight to the void where she was tortured repeatedly by unformed creatures in a black mass. If anything, the void sounds like WoWs "hell". Of course she was resurrected. But this could point that we may have some way of transporting to this "out of reality" place without dying eventually. Point stands though based on sylvanas description that these lords have no true form.

A huge black hole with two glowing white eyes and a deep scary voice. Don't show too much. And NEVER let us fight them. Not even in Mythic. Let them be the Lovecraftian horrors the old gods kind of failed at being.

If we see the void lord doing an encounter, let every add and the boss come out of it. Let him just watch us, occasionally whispering shit (the usual "you'll be betrayed", "run away", "kill everyone" kind of talk), while we fight an old god who is just his servant.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2016-06-29 at 10:18 PM.

I imagine them looking like vantablack clouds, absorbing light and just drawing your eyes towards them and making you mad.

Though I'd rather not see them.

Not even Ra, but the mogu.
    It's Aman'Thul who kills Y'shaarj. Not The Mogu or Ra-Den.
    He grabs Y'shaarj, rips him from Azeroth's crust and effectively crushes/ oneshots him. This leads to Azeroth's being wounded or w/e and the Well of Eternity is made.

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    It's Aman'Thul who kills Y'shaarj. Not The Mogu or Ra-Den.
    He grabs Y'shaarj, rips him from Azeroth's crust and effectively crushes/ oneshots him. This leads to Azeroth's being wounded or w/e and the Well of Eternity is made.
    He was replying to the post that said "In Pandaria, it was Ra-den who killed Y'Shaarj". It was Mogu / Raden (depends on how you interpret the poem I guess) who killed Y'Shaarj in MoP. Aman'thul killing Y'Shaarj only became canon after being stated in Chronicle which was released later - the point of the post is that Chronicle buffed the Old Gods (from being killed by Ra / Mogus to being killed by Aman'thul) instead of nerfing them as some people misunderstood.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    *imagining Void lords as Hello kitty*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Supermassive voidwalker