Lightbulb Timewalking ideas - make a better Vanilla than Vanilla ever was.

I wrote a thing. https://medium.com/@rhoark/the-past-...b9a#.suan2pfqg

The gist is that rather than recreating Vanilla as it was, use newer technology, mechanics, and lessons learned to make something that does even better at capturing the old feeling. (And do it without splitting the population to more servers.) Let me know what you think.

I've not yet read your post, but I'm pretty sur the problem is, what you consider "lessons learned" and "improvements" will probably be much different than what another old-schooler would like or deduce, so your own "better Vanilla" is his own "devolution crap".

Edit : after having read, I admit I like a lot of your opinions on what made the game great before.
    Where I don't follow is how constraining changes to timewalking dungeons would fix today's game. You correctly assess that the whole game design is flawed (and there is also a ton more flaws not covered), but the point of people wanting a legacy server is precisely that they don't believe/trust Blizzard to admit their entire strategy and design since late TBC has been shit, scrapping it all and going back to the very thing they destroyed in the first place. So they settle to simply ask for a previous version.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-05-04 at 02:06 PM.