Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any fun in ganking. It's for losers who want to feel good about themselves for once. Yeah if you play on PvP server be prepared but it doesn't change the fact that it's dumb and pathetic.

I like my PvP fair.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

Deleted
    If you are level 100 you probably waste more time to yourself than to others. You will likely get no rewards for this while you should have better routes to advance that character. Chances are the lowbie character is someone that has free time to level that character at the time and he won't lose anything important by having a 10 second delay.

In some cases the waste of the time of the max levelled character is extreme. I've heard of people that may spend the entire day doing that.

If a lowbie attacks me, or joins a fight when I'm already fighting someone my own level, fair game. I'll maybe even kill him a couple more times for good measure.

I don't open fights on greyed out players for the sake of it. I will come to the aid of a lowbie even if they are fighting another lowbie, as I would expect any member of a faction to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If its red, its dead. Ganking is what makes pvp servers, well, pvp servers. Playing on a pvp servers and whining about ganking is just as stupid as walking into a shady pub where all kinds of criminals meet and crying afterwards that you've been robbed.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I don't care. I've been ganked and have ganked, play on a pvp server and you allow the possibility to exist. Deal with it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    The Lore doesn't require it though. The factions often cooperate. It might be fun to have some rewards for cooperating with the other faction, but of course with a way to force PvP too if needed, to not keep it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If you are level 100 you probably waste more time to yourself than to others. You will likely get no rewards for this while you should have better routes to advance that character. Chances are the lowbie character is someone that has free time to level that character at the time and he won't lose anything important by having a 10 second delay.

In some cases the waste of the time of the max levelled character is extreme. I've heard of people that may spend the entire day doing that.
    You do understand that they are doing it because they like it and thus are not wasting their time. The game is not just character advancement. Who would have thought?

As for the question in the OP, I don't mind ganking. The only time I'm annoyed is when you have that lvl100 killing lowbies and the very second a lvl100 from the opposite faction appears they fly away. But I guess they have to live knowing they are bad at this game, so all is good.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-05-03 at 09:44 PM.

Ganking? What is it? Never heard about it, as I play on PVE server.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    I don't see any fun in ganking. It's for losers who want to feel good about themselves for once. Yeah if you play on PvP server be prepared but it doesn't change the fact that it's dumb and pathetic.

I like my PvP fair.
    Let me guess, you play on a PvE server?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You do understand that they are doing it because they like it and thus are not wasting their time. The game is not just character advancement. Who would have thought?
    If you are a lowbie and have not disabled levelling you are doing it for the character advancement. If I'm levelling something chances are I have a lot of free time at the time and I see someone that gains nothing, while I'm into a route to gain levelling. It's about perspective, if you go by normally levelling a character, that 100 character is wasting their time.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a fuck about it but I know that only losers partake in it. If I get ganked I rez and go on with my business, these losers are all in it for the reaction.

Yes, I play on a pvp server.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

If you are a lowbie and have not disabled levelling you are doing it for the character advancement. If I'm levelling something chances are I have a lot of free time at the time and I see someone that gains nothing, while I'm into a route to gain levelling. It's about perspective, if you go by normally levelling a character, that 100 character is wasting their time.
    He's doing it for fun. How is that wasting their time? That's nothing to do with your perspective, just their perspective and since they are doing it, it's fun for them. That's a simple concept.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    To me, it just means that you're a generally shitty person if you do it and probably have some sort of personal issue if you enjoy doing it. I can understand getting the jump on someone around your level and vice versa, but this is about getting the jump on people that have no way to fight back at all that you literally gain nothing from killing other than the "enjoyment" of griefing someone else... Then there are people that take it too far, and there's plenty of them, that sit there and hunt down and camp lowbies as if it's something "fun" to do. By that point, you're literally getting pleasure by torturing someone else online, and that's just fucked up to do, in all seriousness. :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    He's doing it for fun. How is that wasting their time? That's nothing to do with your perspective, just their perspective and since they are doing it, it's fun for them. That's a simple concept.
    Is it fun though? I don't think any social science would characterize the activity as fun. I won't use any strong words here but it borders not very social behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I don't give a fuck about it but I know that only losers partake in it. If I get ganked I rez and go on with my business, these losers are all in it for the reaction.

Yes, I play on a pvp server.
    Why do you think only losers partake in it? Sometimes its fun to kill a random lowbie, for all I care they are low level mobs / bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Let me guess, you play on a PvE server?
    Argent Dawn EU I love fair PvP
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

Is it fun though? I don't think any social science would characterize the activity as fun. I won't use any strong words here but it borders not very social behavior.
    If they are doing it, they must find it fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    PvP server is fair game. Don't like it? Go PvE.
    This is all that needs to be said, ganking's not cool nor fun, but I'm not going to bitch and moan about it, I'll laugh it off thinking about how the ganker is annoying, or ponder on the guy's lack of a life if said person grave camps and I continue on.
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    To me, it just means that you're a generally shitty person if you do it and probably have some sort of personal issue if you enjoy doing it. I can understand getting the jump on someone around your level and vice versa, but this is about getting the jump on people that have no way to fight back at all that you literally gain nothing from killing other than the "enjoyment" of griefing someone else... Then there are people that take it too far, and there's plenty of them, that sit there and hunt down and camp lowbies as if it's something "fun" to do. By that point, you're literally getting pleasure by torturing someone else online, and that's just fucked up to do, in all seriousness. :|
    But from the perspective of the ganker, they are not really a real person. They are just another set of pixels in game, like a low level mob, or a bot. For all they care, they are just a program built by blizzard.

Personally, I do enjoy a good ganking, because if you do it enough, it usually spawns a good PvP battle in the low level zone

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you think only losers partake in it? Sometimes its fun to kill a random lowbie, for all I care they are low level mobs / bots.
    Does that 'mob' drop loot? No? That's what I thought, It's like going around killing critter mobs. Ganking lowbies is not fun nor part of character progression, why should I bother?
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-05-03 at 09:52 PM.
    You still might drop it