7+ Year Old Account

Nevada GOPer: You Can Point Guns At Cops If They Aim At You First

Outspoken Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) said in a recent interview that Americans maintain the right to point a gun at anyone who takes aim at them—including law enforcement officers.

“I would never ever point my firearm at anyone, including an officer of the law, unless they pointed their firearm at me,” Fiore told KLAS-8 host Steve Sebelius in an interview flagged Tuesday by ThinkProgress. “Now once you point your firearm at me, I’m sorry, then it becomes self-defense. Whether you’re a stranger, a bad guy, or an officer, and you point your gun at me and you’re gonna shoot me and I have to decide whether it’s my life or your life, I choose my life.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nt-guns-police

Are there actually other GOP folks or other right wingers that actually believe this?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Only if the cop is white and the subject is black?

Cops these days would shoot you like a dog.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Outspoken Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) said in a recent interview that Americans maintain the right to point a gun at anyone who takes aim at them—including law enforcement officers.

“I would never ever point my firearm at anyone, including an officer of the law, unless they pointed their firearm at me,” Fiore told KLAS-8 host Steve Sebelius in an interview flagged Tuesday by ThinkProgress. “Now once you point your firearm at me, I’m sorry, then it becomes self-defense. Whether you’re a stranger, a bad guy, or an officer, and you point your gun at me and you’re gonna shoot me and I have to decide whether it’s my life or your life, I choose my life.”

Are there actually other GOP folks or other right wingers that actually believe this?
    That's REALLY far out there on the potential list of things I'd do but faced with a crooked or abusive cop who is likely to shoot you then yes I'd agree. The situation that leads to that would be pretty drastic and almost moviesque in the drama department but I think everyone who takes up firearms has a 'last resort' threshold where anyone is fair game.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    .... Thank god we live in this SJW race war wonder land.

Thanks virtue signaling college students.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That's REALLY far out there on the potential list of things I'd do but faced with a crooked or abusive cop who is likely to shoot you then yes I'd agree. The situation that leads to that would be pretty drastic and almost moviesque in the drama department but I think everyone who takes up firearms has a 'last resort' threshold where anyone is fair game.
    Yeah but as you point outside of movie-like situation that threshold is pretty high. And based on posters here, you point a gun at a cop for any reason, you deserve to be shot.

Of course she also was on the side of the Bundy Bunch in Oregon and their view of cops is more than a bit different of many other folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    .... Thank god we live in this SJW race war wonder land.

Thanks virtue signaling college students.
    WTF? No discussion of race war going here sunshine. I understand your focus on that subject but don't feel a need to see it in discussion where it doesn't exist.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post

You do have a right to defend yourself from police absent you committing a crime or presenting a danger to someone. For example, if you just finished robbing a bank and the police point a gun at you, you don't have the right to defend yourself from them. If you're casually walking down the street minding your own business and the police start firing at you, you might be dumb or suicidal to try to fire back at that point, but you absolutely have a right to defend yourself.