Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warcraft film - Why are Durotan and Doomhammer brown orcs?

At first I thought they'd turn green halfway through the movie, but looks like that's not happening. It looks very very strange because all the orcs seem to be green except these two.

In Rise of the Horde, they started turning green back on Draenor, and were fully green once they entered Azeroth.

Also, if Durotan and Draka are brown orcs, then how the hell do they give birth to a green orc baby (Thrall)? It looks like they made Thrall green because Thrall has always been green, but it makes no fucking sense if his parents aren't green.

This movie is looking pretty good so far, but minor plotholes like this are going to piss me off.

What do you think?

Deleted
    they've probably done that to not confuse the average movie goer

green orcs = bad

brown orcs= good

mkay?

If the Warcraft movie is creating its own "universe" then just go ahead and make Thrall brown too. It makes no sense for him to be green.

might just be me but...... lets wait until the movie is out? and then we can decide what to get mad about

10+ Year Old Account
    As they've said, there will be a few differences here and there to try to enhance/complement the movie experience. They're obviously trying to paint the brown ones as not corrupted by the blood, and for that it's a lot easier to use a visual cue for the audience.

Deleted
    It could be that Thrall as a fetus is much more susceptible to fel energies, following that reasoning it would make sense that the green orcs are the ones who drank the demonblood as that would instantly turn you green.

Treat Warcraft movie as Marvel movie. Marvel movies have their own isolated universes, that allows them to change things here and there to fit in better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    It could be that Thrall as a fetus is much more susceptible to fel energies.
    This was my assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    If the Warcraft movie is creating its own "universe" then just go ahead and make Thrall brown too. It makes no sense for him to be green.
    Russian leak trailer show Gul'dan holding him in his hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they've probably done that to not confuse the average movie goer

green orcs = bad

brown orcs= good

mkay?
    Ehm, no. First of all, Blackhand is brown too, even though he is nothing but a bad guy. Second, the whole thing is actually logical given how the story unfolds in the Cinematic Universe.

1. The Frostwolves do not join the Horde until the opening of the Portal. As they do not have warlocks (Drek'Thar stays a shaman), they are not exposed to fel magic. Hence their skin is brown. (Source: Warcraft: Durotan movie prequel book).

2. Thrall is corrupted when Draka crosses to Azeroth. The fel energies of the Portal basically affects him in her womb.

3. The Frostwolves do not turn green because there is no time for them to do so. They die soon enough.

4. Blackhand is brown because he is is distrustful of the fel and shields away from it.

It's like colored human babies. At birth they are sometime white, but then turn black.

Blizzard should hire me for coming up with makeshift explanations
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Looks like this movie is gonna have some major differences with the original lore. It's gonna be difficult for me to let that go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    It's like colored human babies. At birth they are sometime white, but then turn black.

Blizzard should hire me for coming up with makeshift explanations
    Except it is already explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Ehm, no. First of all, Blackhand is brown too, even though he is nothing but a bad guy. Second, the whole thing is actually logical given how the story unfolds in the Cinematic Universe.

1. The Frostwolves do not join the Horde until the opening of the Portal. As they do not have warlocks (Drek'Thar stays a shaman), they are not exposed to fel magic. Hence their skin is brown. (Source: Warcraft: Durotan movie prequel book).

2. Thrall is corrupted when Draka crosses to Azeroth. The fel energies of the Portal basically affects him in her womb.

3. The Frostwolves do not turn green because there is no time for them to do so. They die soon enough.

4. Blackhand is brown because he is is distrustful of the fel and shields away from it.
    Blackhand is green when he is fighting Lothar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Blackhand is green when he is fighting Lothar.
    So? He is brown for most of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    So? He is brown for most of the movie.
    So what if he's brown most of the movie? The fact of the matter is he eventually turns green...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    So what if he's brown most of the movie? The fact of the matter is he eventually turns green...
    If you have not noticed, the point case was that it is foolish to say they simply made it so that green is bad and brown is good, as there are many orcs who do heinous things while still brown. Blackhand is a perfect example; all of the bad and heinous he does, he does while still brown. The only thing he does while green is to die.

Looks like this movie is gonna have some major differences with the original lore. It's gonna be difficult for me to let that go.
    Didn't the fact that Anduin and Durotan ally themselves tell you this much?

I mean that is one hell of a difference

I long for a brown skin orc since TBC like in the movies, it wasn't till WOTLK where we finally had a brown skin tone DK orc.

Deleted
    I dont remember durotan ever drinking the fel blood?