Default Specs for Classes in Legion

At Blizzcon, it was mentioned that "There will be no such thing as no spec anymore in Legion."

I'm curious, if you roll a new class and level it to 10 in the current alpha build, what will the starting spec be?

I've watched a video about gnome hunters, and there the default spec for hunters at level 10 seems to be survival -
    https://youtu.be/puGKbbIHZeo?t=1h31m23s - but this video is already very old.

I'm curious what are the default specs for other classes at level 10 in the current build?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frost's the default mage.

Deleted
    From the legion talent calculator ( http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal.../assassination ) on wowhead, i would say, looking at the spells each class learns before lvl 10 (for example, if you choose Assassination in the calculator, you can see that you learn Mutilate at lvl 1 and then poisons and Envenom while no other spec has specific skills before lvl 10; Beast Mastery learns Kill Command at lvl 3, etc) :

DK : no idea, maybe Unholy since you start with a 2-handed weapon
    DH : Havoc
    Druid : Feral
    Hunter : Beast Mastery
    Mage : Frost
    Monk : Windwalker (or Brewmaster)
    Paladin : Probably Ret
    Priest : Shadow
    Rogue : Assassination
    Shaman : Elemental
    Warlock : Affliction
    Warrior : Arms
    Last edited by mmoc3976077be9; 2016-05-04 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    From the legion talent calculator ( http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal.../assassination ) on wowhead, i would say, looking at the spells each class learns before lvl 10 (for example, if you choose Assassination in the calculator, you can see that you learn Mutilate at lvl 1 and then poisons and Envenom while no other spec has specific skills before lvl 10; Beast Mastery learns Kill Command at lvl 3, etc) :

DK : no idea, maybe Unholy since you start with a 2-handed weapon
    DH : Havoc
    Druid : Feral
    Hunter : Beast Mastery
    Mage : Frost
    Monk : Windwalker (or Brewmaster)
    Paladin : Probably Ret
    Priest : Shadow
    Rogue : Assassination
    Shaman : Elemental
    Warlock : Affliction
    Warrior : Arms
    Thank You very much!!
    You even answered one of my questions which I haven't even posted
    I was looking at the wowhead calculators as well, and I was wondering why assassination for example had those spells unlocked before even hitting level 10 - this must be the case as you described it

I have a gut feeling that when choosing between specs, maybe Blizzard aims for DPS specs first, since they probably assume dps is easirer for a new player to understand.
    Hence when choosing between Windwalker and Brewmaster, maybe they choose Windwalker as the default one - and this logic would also apply for Retribution Paladin and Unholy Death Knight - being that - as you also described - they start with a two-hander.

Deleted
    At least that's what i think, i'm not on the alpha so i can't check

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    While you can choose to roll a fresh L1 char on alpha, i doubt many are doing so. The vast majority of us are starting with the default L100 character templates seeing as how character copy is not enabled right now.

As far as the template characters go however, most classes start as one of their dps specs. You do however start with weapons, rings and trinkets for all of your possible specs if you want to change. (You start with full 680 gear.)

Death Knights start as Unholy
    Demon Hunters start as Havok (their DPS spec)
    Druids start as Boomkin
    Hunters start as Survival (the melee spec)
    Mages start as Frost (i think)
    Monks start as Windwalker
    Paladins start as Retribution
    Priests start as Discipline (which is kinda sorta a hybrid dps/healing spec now)
    Rogues start as Assassination (i think)
    Shamans start as Elemental
    Warlocks start as Affliction
    Warriors start as Arms, even though they have two two-handers equipped and have to remove one.

Choosing what artifact you want to pursue first will automatically respec you to the necessary specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    While you can choose to roll a fresh L1 char on alpha, i doubt many are doing so. The vast majority of us are starting with the default L100 character templates seeing as how character copy is not enabled right now.

As far as the template characters go however, most classes start as one of their dps specs. You do however start with weapons, rings and trinkets for all of your possible specs if you want to change. (You start with full 680 gear.)

Death Knights start as Unholy
    Demon Hunters start as Havok (their DPS spec)
    Druids start as Boomkin
    Hunters start as Survival (the melee spec)
    Mages start as Frost (i think)
    Monks start as Windwalker
    Paladins start as Retribution
    Priests start as Discipline (which is kinda sorta a hybrid dps/healing spec now)
    Rogues start as Assassination (i think)
    Shamans start as Elemental
    Warlocks start as Affliction
    Warriors start as Arms, even though they have two two-handers equipped and have to remove one.

Choosing what artifact you want to pursue first will automatically respec you to the necessary specialization.
    I see, thank you very much for the reply from alpha!
    Could it be that level 10 default specs are different from level 100-110 default specs I wonder though? :S
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-05-04 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    Found that, there is the answer to your question. Seems lile i was almost right
    http://wowironmanchallenge.proboards...ron-man-legion

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    Found that, there is the answer to your question. Seems lile i was almost right
    http://wowironmanchallenge.proboards...ron-man-legion
    WOW! Thank You a BUNCH again!!! XD
    You should be a detective