Mythic Xhul and omnus tanking

Hey guys - our raid group is currently progressing on mythic Xhul and i am having a very frustrating issue while tanking omnus. Basically i am losing threat to the other tank later in the fight causing us to wipe.
    We are both paladins and about equally geared, only diff is our build...im running defensive (preference during progression) with DP/HS he is running HA/Sera.

Im tanking Void, he tanks fel and everything goes well until about the time cd's/ring are back up and i just lose ominous to him at about the 35%-30% mark.

The current argument is im casting too many wog and not enough sotr to hold ominous. Looking at damage done on last pull he is above me on damage even tho im sitting on omnus full time just getting off of him when taunting and smacking xhul a few times then back on omnus.

This threat problem has never been an issue throughout our entire mythic hfc progress when we are running same build and i can switch to HA/Sera like i do on farm, but as a matter of personal preference, like i said during progression i prefer to play a little cautious and defensive.

Logs of the last 2 pulls, last 2 pulls because they were our best ones and we wiped both times to the same issue.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=28
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=29

Early pulls are messy as we were getting our swaps in order and whatnot.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

R

Hey!
    So first of all: HA\Sera + Libram + ungliphedDP - are the best here

Also I see that you are 3tanking it - that is possible but not really necessary. You (2paladins) have great tools to survive that encounter + lots of external CDs from warrior, 2 ret paladins and disc
    + you both can help each other with Sac on co-tank

but nevermind
    according to logs i cannot see that Omnusare casting to the co-tank anything that can trigger Annihilation
    you both perform taunts properly

the only thing that i see via logs - that your bear gets annihilation by receiving Green Dot from Imps/pulls on the ground.

also in terms of ring:
    the best time to use ring - when Omnus appears
    in that case all of tanks got save value from ring - at that point of time Omnus in general begin to cast his gaze + Xhul cast
    as soon as ring is popped - you have to burst Omnus to get as much aggro as you can
    your paladin co-tank - to Akkelion
    and bear to Xhul

I assume that during that ring you will get enough aggro to keep omnus on you
    Also your paladin co-tank HAVE to sit on the boss only after Akkelion death (in case any aggro issue)

just some remarks from my raid:
    i'm doing Xhul with HA/Sera+Libram/Kilrogg+ungliphedDP
    co-tank bear
    bear on green, i'm on purply
    from pull sit on Xhul and as soon as he starts to cast purple gates to summon void/purple adds - taunt the boss
    keep AS for Omnus
    as soon as Omnus appears - pop ring+ha+sera and burn omnus as hell
    i keep Omnus as my target until he dies - just taunting xhul on mouse-over/marco for his purple cast

bear keep on sitting on akkelion burning it down also taunting the boss only for green cast

no aggro issues in general until Libram procs under ring+sera for 1+million on Akkelion

^ Thanks for the tips

R

Two paladins having threat issues, really simple solution there: toggle righteous fury. Both of you should be tunneling your own add and only touching the boss with cleave and taunts, watch your threat meter and if one of you is losing threat then just say so over voice and the other can /cancelaura their RF. If they start losing threat on their own add them just put it back on again.

Not recommended, but worst comes to worst you can take off LoV and run focused shield. This is a major performance loss though.

use HA - it is better than DP regardless of what 100 talent you use.

That being said, holy shield while tanking omnus isn't really doing much for you. You can't block withering gaze. Sera is better on this fight (if you can do it correctly)

Also, your sotr uptime is realllllllly low for not using Sera. 46% on attempt 27, and 63% for 28. while using kilrogs trinket. Press buttons more.

Why are neither of you using Libram? I never took it off for all of progression (cept tyrant). its a pretty good trinket, if you didnt know :P

Why are you using Blackrock on your weapon? Use mastery/crit instead.

Why are you using glyph of word of glory? Why are you casting word of glory so much? Attempt 27 you had 13 wogs to 21 sotrs. no bad stop.

You used DP twice on attempt 27 and 3 times on attempt 28. Use unglyphed DP for withering gazes. That's pretty much the only time you can die, so use your CD's for it (especially if you have the boss too).

Also, tell your co tank that when vanguard dies, to tunnel the boss and not omnus. lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    Two paladins having threat issues, really simple solution there: toggle righteous fury. Both of you should be tunneling your own add and only touching the boss with cleave and taunts, watch your threat meter and if one of you is losing threat then just say so over voice and the other can /cancelaura their RF. If they start losing threat on their own add them just put it back on again.

Not recommended, but worst comes to worst you can take off LoV and run focused shield. This is a major performance loss though.
    True that. Especially with LoV aggro can get really wonky if you tank with two prot paladins. When i tank it with our DK/Warrior I take green get some aggro in the beginning and after that I can just turn of RF for the rest of the fight.
    If you don't want to do that just both unequip LoV. If currently aggro issues are the only thing holding you back, sacrificing some of your DPS might be something to consider.
    On a side note most of the damage in this fight is magical.. so I personally wouldn't bother too much with SoTR uptime. If you need the WoGs to survive use them. And HA is basically the talent you're always going to want to run even on progression - DP is far too random and SW is bad in almost every circumstance.
    Edit: Just realized none of your paladings runs LoV. Then I really don't understand how you could run into threat issues. Maybe asking your 3 hunters to misdirect you on cooldown could be an option.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2016-05-09 at 08:17 PM.