1 2.78%

0 0%

4 11.11%

1 2.78%

3 8.33%
    Deleted

[GAME] Rate The Character /10! Day #5: Liadrin

Rules:

- One random character to be polled every day, by rolling the dice. There is no predetermined list of names, so ANY character in the Warcraft universe could appear at any given day.
    - Characters need 5 nominations to make it to the next poll. Meaning, any given character to get 5 unique nominations will be due the next day instead of picking a random character.
    - If a character has two incarnations, both from the main and alternative universes, then the poll will be referring to both versions simultaneously.

Today's Character: Liadrin

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Liadrin

Have fun voting, everyone! And don't forget to place your nominations as well!

Ranking:

Day #1: Anduin Lothar - 7.90/10 (31 votes)
    Day #4: Cho'gall - 6.88/10 (34 votes)
    Day #3: Maiev Shadowsong - 6.09/10 (33 votes)
    Day #0: Kalecgos - 5.74/10 (31 votes)
    Day #2: Velen - 5.39/10 (23 votes)

Nominations:

Magatha Grimtotem - 1/5 (FLstudioApprentice)
    Jaina Proudmoore - 1/5 (Snowraven)
    Genn Greymane - 1/5 (Graden)
    Med'an - 1/5 (Eazy)
    Vol'jin - 1/5 (Raiju)
    Archimonde - 1/5 (Zanjin)
    Gul'dan - 1/5 (Captain Douchebag)
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-22 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    1/10 because i have to, cancer/10 if i could.

Liadrin is literally "How to butcher unique theme of your race/class combo" The movie, The game. She also delivers a solid amount of cringy dialogue while having the most generic personality.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2016-05-04 at 11:18 AM.

She's better than Lor'themar Theron.

So I gave her a 2/10.

Next, I nominate Magni

Deleted
    I voted 7 because she is an iconic character to me as far as I am concerned.

I started in TBC, played a Draenei mage (main) and blood elf paladin (alt), and blood elves were more story driven and a big part of that was because of Liadrin.. .She was... How to say... A far superior version of Yrel, somewhat, if we ignore that the story telling of WoD was of a better quality overall.

Next, I nominate Magni
    Noted!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'd say 6, used to be higher but she borderline turned blood elf pallis into human pallies as far as mindset. I'd like it if her and lor'themar shacked up, maybe even started a new dynasty for the elves, but with nelson gone, I fear the blood elf story will go the way of the night elf.

- - - Updated - - -

I nominate greymane, I already know what most think of the dark lady
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-05-04 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Yay! Genn is 2/5 nominations now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'd say 6, used to be higher but she borderline turned blood elf pallis into human pallies as far as mindset. I'd like it if her and lor'themar shacked up, maybe even started a new dynasty for the elves, but with nelson gone, I fear the blood elf story will go the way of the night elf.

- - - Updated - - -

I nominate greymane, I already know what most think of the dark lady
    Hey, once we agree!

I also want to add that I don't like how everyone pardons her and acts like nothing ever happened, especially when she joins the Silver Hands. First, her Order defiled the Alonsus Chapel and Uthers Tomb, two of the most Sacred Places for every Knight of the Silver Hand and two of the last pure sanctuaries of light in Lordaeron, that's nothing that anyone should forgive easily and second a Redemption Arc is worth nothing if you get full redemption and absolution without actual doin something to earn it. Redemption Arc shouldn't be like "You know, I'm nice again everyone as to forgive me and treat me like an equal big damn hero" it should be a journey were one faces his crimes and demons of the past, which also means facing those who they had done wrong and trying to make amends.

10+ Year Old Account
    7. I like the character quite a lot but I hate how much Blizzard ignore the "blood elf" part of her identity. She was a very proud and nationalistic person, even as a priestess, and it's really been devoured by this obsession with making her just a generic paladin whose only topic of interest is the Light. It makes her less compelling as a character. Hopefully Legion fixes this a bit, giving her a bit more fire.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Redemption Arc shouldn't be like "You know, I'm nice again everyone as to forgive me and treat me like an equal big damn hero" it should be a journey were one faces his crimes and demons of the past, which also means facing those who they had done wrong and trying to make amends.
    ... that's exactly what she's been doing. She literally only shows up in the story to seek out and help out the groups she once wronged, the draenei/naaru in BC (and WoD) and the Silver Hand in Legion. She spends more screentime supporting these people than she does her own race and faction. Her Legion lore snippet also implies she still has a bad reputation for what she once did.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2016-05-04 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Up!

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Th e biggest problem with her is that she needs to show more of her blood elf side, she's dangerously close to becoming a word for word paladin cliche
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Th e biggest problem with her is that she needs to show more of her blood elf side, she's dangerously close to becoming a word for word paladin cliche
    While the others should see her Blood Elfs side and shouldn't be so oblivious to the Things her Knights did in the past. I still don't see a single Reason why my Human Paladin shouldn't spit in the face of every Blood Knight he sees for defiling the Alonsus Chapel and Uthers Tomb. Or why a Paladin of the Humans or the Draenei shouldn't be somewhat arrogant towards a Tauren who primitiveley prays to the Sun as a God while they themselves study the mysteries and the truths of this mysterious force called the holy Light. It would be more immersive and exciting to bring in cultural conflicts and especially giving the human Paladins this arrogance towards the others. After all, the Alliance Paladins are in these ways superior to the Tauren but especially to the Blood Knights, but this moral superiority can make someone to a far bigger asshole than a sinner, if he uses it to place himself above others.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-05-04 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you spit in the face of a blood elf, prepare to be twitching on the floor after they just sapped all the magic out of you
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    If you spit in the face of a blood elf, prepare to be twitching on the floor after they just sapped all the magic out of you
    Yeah, I would probably lose, because as a Paladin, even if I face death I won't hit little girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Yeah, I would probably lose, because as a Paladin, even if I face death I won't hit little girls.
    No, a real paladin doesn't hold petty grudges and isn't an asshat.
    Holy shit lol

9. An overall solid character, but pretty underused.

I nominate Ner'zhul!

Deleted
    Forgot to nominate someone...

Genn Greymane!

Deleted
    Ner'zhul and 3/5 Genn!

That said: I am very happy a discussion is garnered and the game is getting more fun for you guys, but please remain civil and let's refrain from playing overzealout gimmicks if possible!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I already rolled the dice and got Day #6 character next in line. But, with M-Ra nominating Genn, we only need 2 more nominations now. So, if you would like to see Genn polled in Day #6 instead of what the dice rolled, you have 5 hours!
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-05 at 03:57 AM.