Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If there was an approval process, how come we do not see it alluded to at all? As for the Professor that invited him, do you really think this guy did some rogue action where he just decided "fuck it, I'll invite him and let the higher ups sort things out later?" It appears pretty clear just from the wording in the letter that that was an invitation.
    This is like a Sherlock Holmes deduction, but with all the good evidence switched for shaky assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So following the (lack of) logic from RickJamesLich, we should also invite neo-Nazis and religious extremists to speak on campus, just so you know, to have opposing viewpoints.
    Oh lord. Because saying you have problems with the welfare system is the same as being in the KKK.

Read the letter in the article....
    The letter says that the professor is inviting him. Everything else is baseless assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Read the letter in the article....
    Exactly our point why you are just flat out lying like the black conservative who made a big hoo haa over never actually being invited.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    1. Post article
    2. Refuse to read article
    3. Become outraged
    4. Refuse to acknowledge what actually happened
    5. Play the victim.

Did I miss anything here?
    6. Keeps repeating wrong information.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Sure, why not.

Have you listened to extremist speakers before? They are interesting, whether left, right, or some not-common party. You can learn alot.

Living in a bubble does not benefit anybody.
    The left appears to not like it when the minorities stray too far from the plantation.....

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly our point why you are just flat out lying like the black conservative who made a big hoo haa over never actually being invited.
    It directly says he was invited.... no mention of an approval process or anything of the sort.... after sending the letter... the Professor that did so pretty much mentioned nothing about an approval process, rather said that some of the faculty nixed it out of fear of protest. Considering the President's attitude to the most recent speaker prior... I don't see how this is a huge stretch.

If there was an approval process, how come we do not see it alluded to at all?
    Because you linked a trashy right wing outrage generator?

The left appears to not like it when the minorities stray too far from the plantation.....
    Dude. It was an invitation to speak at a Southern business school on "exploring the foundation of capitalism and freedom". I'm not sure what part of that screams "liberal SJWs oppressing the conservative black man" to you, but I assure you that talks on the merits of capitalism at a Virginia business school are not a place where you will be bombarded by liberal ideologies.

Oh lord. Because saying you have problems with the welfare system is the same as being in the KKK.
    Only if you are conveniently ignoring the fact that said welfare system was mostly written up by the far right wing back when they had presidency.

Bringing in a speaker who can't fact check, regardless of political affiliation, is a bad example to students.

It's like the university saying "it's okay to lie through your ass and make up stories if you can't get your way".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

15+ Year Old Account
    The article in the OP doesn't state it as much (although begrudgingly hints at it), but if you go find a source other than the rag the OP posted, they pretty much all explain that the invitation was vetoed before approval, but it had been sent out anyway before actual approval.

It's like telling one of your friends hey, you can invite someone over to my house, but you have to get my approval first. Then your friend invites someone you don't want at your house, you say no, and you friend is like "Well I already invited him, why are you rescinding the invitation?!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who disrupts their narrative must be silenced and shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    6. Keeps repeating wrong information.
    7. Keeps not reading the letter lol

Oh yeah, interesting article:

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/...b193669ed.html

In it, it mentions that the previous speaker was invited by Douglas Patterson - the same guy who invited this speaker, Jason Riley. Here is a quote:

Patterson, too, applauded the civility of the event, adding that despite the outrage he is glad the event occurred.

“As the person who invited (Murray), I have no regrets,” Patterson said. “I am glad that everything was civil and came off as it should. I think it reflects on Virginia Tech as we could have someone who is controversial but yet have it all work out.”

So yes, it sounds like he does the invites.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you are conveniently ignoring the fact that said welfare system was mostly written up by the far right wing back when they had presidency.

Bringing in a speaker who can't fact check, regardless of political affiliation, is a bad example to students.

It's like the university saying "it's okay to lie through your ass and make up stories if you can't get your way".
    If you read up on the guy's views, he is saying that today we need changes in the government. To assume that welfare hasn't changed since it was written would be very erroneous, something I'm figuring you aren't too worried about.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you benefit from section 8, SNAP, affirmative action, black scholarships, etc. to achieve great success in your life, people have the right to call you a fucking idiot for claiming that the very things you benefited from are what is holding everyone else back and they should be removed.

Refer to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Aren't you the guy who won't date a woman who makes more than he does because he is intimidated by people who are more educated and make more money than he does?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Dude. It was an invitation to speak at a Southern business school on "exploring the foundation of capitalism and freedom". I'm not sure what part of that screams "liberal SJWs oppressing the conservative black man" to you, but I assure you that talks on the merits of capitalism at a Virginia business school are not a place where you will be bombarded by liberal ideologies.
    Alright I posted a video of the guy, he is really not extreme or the type to incite violence at all. This guy is not Milo Yianoppolus lol. And I think a lot of people can see why a discussion on something like minimum wage is very related to capitalism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you the guy who won't date a woman who makes more than he does because he is intimidated by people who are more educated and make more money than he does?
    What's the point? Personal attacks? So does that mean you have no good argument?

7. Keeps not reading the letter lol

Oh yeah, interesting article:

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/...b193669ed.html

In it, it mentions that the previous speaker was invited by Douglas Patterson - the same guy who invited this speaker, Jason Riley. Here is a quote:

Patterson, too, applauded the civility of the event, adding that despite the outrage he is glad the event occurred.

“As the person who invited (Murray), I have no regrets,” Patterson said. “I am glad that everything was civil and came off as it should. I think it reflects on Virginia Tech as we could have someone who is controversial but yet have it all work out.”

So yes, it sounds like he does the invites.
    You confuse the person who does the invites and the board who has to decide on them.

In any case, Jason Riley is probably the worst kind of speaker for the topic at hand, as you know, reliable sources evidence and citations are actually important to universities, and his opinion pieces has absolutely none of that.

But you know, you would know this if you stopped trying your skewed brand of partisan politicking for a few minutes and googled what he "contributed". But you won't, and it's okay, because in a few more years, conservatives will just be relegated to yet another dark chapter of human history.

It's funny how these people hate and bash on SJWs, yet act exactly like them themselves.

What's the point? Personal attacks? So does that mean you have no good argument?
    I'm not sure what your point was, considering you never addressed mine. You're just arguing emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If you benefit from section 8, SNAP, affirmative action, black scholarships, etc. to achieve great success in your life, people have the right to call you a fucking idiot for claiming that the very things you benefited from are what is holding everyone else back and they should be removed.

Refer to this post:
    Easy to disprove. Take black students that get into college that teach at a rate above their head. The student the fails classes and drops out, as opposed to going to a college that is more at their skill level. Easy to understand why they would then criticize affirmative action.

Next?