Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am glad that we are getting more dungeons and they will scale to remain relevant/challenging throughout the expansion. However, I do not believe WoD launching with 8 dungeons was bad. I think between 8-10 is fine, but I want to see more dungeons added in the expansions life cycle. Before Mythic Dungeons and Valor upgrades, I had not completed a dungeon since I level capped and started Highmaul with my guild. So it didn't matter if there was 8, 10, or 12 dungeons.. I wasn't doing any of it. With the changes to the Dungeon system, Blizzard will feel more comfortable spending resources creating dungeon content as it will not become obsolete to a majority of the player base so quickly. As a raider, I hope they move from 13 boss raids, to maybe a 8-9 boss raid and 1-2 new dungeons. I feel it would mix up the locations and story lines. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    TBC had 15 at launch sure. How many environments between them though? Auchindoun ones were nearly identical. Tempest Keep dungeons had some minor variation but still shared textures and doodads with the raid. Same with Coilfang and Hellfire Citadel dungeons. Black Morass was unique and Old Hillsbrad was probably copy-paste of actual Hillsbrad with some buildings changed.
    The only thing is I didn't make any argument there. I just gave the numbers for all expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Yeah, im sure they'll cut the dungeons that are already created and have fully fleshed out encounters that are being tested. *facepalm*
    Were you not in the WoD alpha? because they did the same exact thing. Remember the Gladiator arena that was skill based that was supposed to be for WoD? Was completely fleshed out and people were playing it albeit for only a week, it was still there, solid, and fleshed. Still removed. Lets talk Capital cities. Bladespire and Karabor(even if they never opened up the inside of Karabor) were completely finished and they decided to go a different route, in which pissed every one off with their laziness. So take your facepalm somewhere that its actually valid and stop being a try hard Blizzard defender because they have a history of destorying finished and tested things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Were you not in the WoD alpha? because they did the same exact thing. Remember the Gladiator arena that was skill based that was supposed to be for WoD? Was completely fleshed out and people were playing it albeit for only a week, it was still there, solid, and fleshed. Still removed. Lets talk Capital cities. Bladespire and Karabor(even if they never opened up the inside of Karabor) were completely finished and they decided to go a different route, in which pissed every one off with their laziness. So take your facepalm somewhere that its actually valid and stop being a try hard Blizzard defender because they have a history of destorying finished and tested things.
    LOL, im the least "try hard blizzard defender" I know. Take a look at my post history if you think I am.

First, WoD didnt have an alpha that was anything outside of the closed doors of blizzard, but yes I was in the first wave of beta.
    Theres a difference between scrapping a "gladiator arena" with 1 week of testing, and fleshed out populated instances that have been under testing for MONTHS.

Theres also a difference with going another direction with capital cities, granted I hated the decision as well. Also they weren't complete by any means.

*facepalm*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lyl, I'm in Alpha and most of the dungeons are playable for over a month already with some far longer than that.

The only recent addition is Court of Stars. I tried all the dungeons in both Normal and Heroic modes and they are as finished as it can get, only some voiceovers are missing and music. There are some minor bugs mostly with pillars quests, but the environments are all complete and mechanics work properly.

Some bosses need a bit of tuning, being too weak, but maybe it's because some specs are bloody OP now and do like 50-100% more damage or self-healing than they should be doing.

So no, the chance of dungeon being removed is nil, unless they go ahead and do that to reintroduce them in next content patch after launch... Which they probably won't do because shitstorm will be epic.

One thing that can happen is that not all the dungeons will be available for Mythic+, that I can believe to happen.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-05-06 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope that Blizzard ends up adding more dungeons later on in the expansion. I'm not the biggest fan of dungeons but having new ones added throughout the patches is pretty refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    I will tell you from my experience running the dungeons though, theyre higher quality IMO.

Several of them have 4-5 bosses and the size of the instances is massive. Each one also has a pretty unique environment instead of it being all dark and red with metal. Heck some of the instances have multiple environments within the same instance.
    LOVE U PIXUL

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    ฺBlizzard should be more efficient with their resource. They used to be able to create 2+ dungeons out of 1 environments. Colifang environment spawned 3 dungeons and 1 raid.
    The thing is, They create multiple environments, people complain there isn't enough dungeons.
    They create multiple wings that are nigh identical apart from bosses and people complain they just reuse art assets and are lazy.

Blizzard literally can't win with their community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Let's hope that Blizzard ends up adding more dungeons later on in the expansion. I'm not the biggest fan of dungeons but having new ones added throughout the patches is pretty refreshing.LOVE U PIXUL
    love you too my ugly little friend.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Lets talk Capital cities. Bladespire and Karabor(even if they never opened up the inside of Karabor) were completely finished and they decided to go a different route
    hahaha.. what? Bladespire and Karabor were never "completely" finished. They weren't even close. They changed their route once they realised having the Capitals be massive areas with not much to put in them was unneeded.

I'm excited for the Legion dungeons. I think they'll be a lot of fun, especially with how many will be there at launch and hopefully more will be implemented later on. Probably unlikely, because of the different modes, but regardless of that I'm fine with the current ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by - Mist - View Post
    I'm excited for the Legion dungeons. I think they'll be a lot of fun, especially with how many will be there at launch and hopefully more will be implemented later on. Probably unlikely, because of the different modes, but regardless of that I'm fine with the current ones.
    What fascinates me most is that people still hope for these kind of things to happen after Cata, MoP and WoD.
    You can be pretty much assured that they will not add any, even if they say they will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 all dungeons become obsolete after first patch because welfare pvp items and blues are better.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    What fascinates me most is that people still hope for these kind of things to happen after Cata, MoP and WoD.
    You can be pretty much assured that they will not add any, even if they say they will.
    I could see them adding more dungeons instead of a middle raid tier. After WoD I just feel like it will be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    The thing is that in previous expansions, new dungeons would just end up becoming obsolete in the space of a week or two. In Legion, focus is shifting towards dungeons a bit more. I'm not saying they will add new, but if they were ever thinking of doing so, now is the time. Probably at the expense of something else, like a smaller raid tier, but even as a raider I'd be ok with that (although I would obviously prefer more content in general, instead of just cutting corners).

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well that sucks. I was hoping that all the dungeons were going to be good.
    Vanilla dungeons were fun though, no idea what you're talking about. That's the only thing I liked about vanilla other than Azeroth being shiny and new.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I am glad that we are getting more dungeons and they will scale to remain relevant/challenging throughout the expansion. However, I do not believe WoD launching with 8 dungeons was bad. I think between 8-10 is fine, but I want to see more dungeons added in the expansions life cycle. Before Mythic Dungeons and Valor upgrades, I had not completed a dungeon since I level capped and started Highmaul with my guild. So it didn't matter if there was 8, 10, or 12 dungeons.. I wasn't doing any of it. With the changes to the Dungeon system, Blizzard will feel more comfortable spending resources creating dungeon content as it will not become obsolete to a majority of the player base so quickly. As a raider, I hope they move from 13 boss raids, to maybe a 8-9 boss raid and 1-2 new dungeons. I feel it would mix up the locations and story lines. Just my opinion though.
    Dungeons last longer for me because I insist on doing the attunement before running them. Drives my guildies crazy since I'm main tank lol. But it's how I most enjoy the game. Before I run an instance, I want my toon to know the story behind it and have a reason for being there. Not just port into random place and kill stuff because...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    They said at blizzcon they would not create 13 boss raids anymore and would try split the second legion tier in 2 raids
    Even tho what they say at blizzcon, does certainly not mean this will happen, I believe 2 6/7 boss raids come over as more different content then 1 13 boss raid, so I certainly see them doing this and they are probably working on their patch raids right now