Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Meh I'm not surprised. People go crazy for that shit. I played the first 2 and it was literally just cut scene with story, horribly combat, puzzle that a 2 year old could solve, horrible combat, cut scene. And then rinse and repeat through like 30 chapters. All of the levels are empty and linear. I would rather just be watching a movie.

It's not a bad game. It has some funny moments, a decent story, and nice graphics. But anyone who gives an Uncharted game a perfect score is either getting money shoved up their ass or is a completely idiot with the gaming experience of a Facebook mom.
    I really enjoy when people pass their poor taste off as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    honestly, at this point, I'm pretty much zen about it. to each their own.

like... I personally couldn't care less about some of the super highly acclaimed games that "serious gamers" rave about. they are not fun to me at all. but they enjoy them, so... /shrug.

for me, Naughty dog games were THE reason to buy ps4 (otherwise, I tend to be a pc gamer) and I'm pretty happy with that decision. only a few more days left!

"3/10. Has Water." -- IGN
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I really enjoy when people take someone's opinion, call it fact, and say that person has poor taste because their opinion is different than yours. I never claimed anything I said was factual, in fact, everything I said was very opinionated. Harsh, but still opinionated.

IMHO
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy when people take someone's opinion, call it fact, and say that person has poor taste because their opinion is different than yours. I never claimed anything I said was factual, in fact, everything I said was very opinionated.

IMHO
    I am all for people having their own opinions, to each their own... But you didn't just state your opinion, you claimed that the only people who think its a great game are "complete idiots with the gaming experience of facebook moms"...

anyone who gives an Uncharted game a perfect score is either getting money shoved up their ass or is a completely idiot with the gaming experience of a Facebook mom.
    Yea, you totally didn't try to say anything factual

Uncharted 4 doesn't have a single negative score on metacritic, I guess everyone got paid. Or maybe it's just you who has never played an Uncharted game seeing as you're trying to have a hipster opinion of a game with universal praise. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Uncharted 4 doesn't have a single negative score on metacritic, I guess everyone got paid. Or maybe it's just you who has never played an Uncharted game seeing as you're trying to have a hipster opinion of a game with universal praise. /shrug
    Me thinking someone is an idiot doesn't make that person an idiot. It just means i think so. That is an opinion.

I also said it wasn't a bad game. However can you really give uncharted a perfect score? I'm not saying the reviews have to be negative but 10/10 is just silly. You call me a hipster, I will call you sheeple.

I mean, right now Uncharted 4 is getting better reviews than The Witcher 3. I cannot be the only one who thinks that's a little crazy, can I?

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I mean, right now Uncharted 4 is getting better reviews than The Witcher 3. I cannot be the only one who thinks that's a little crazy, can I?
    Oh yea, Uncharted 4 has 1 higher metacritic score then Witcher 3. Clearly paid off reviews or maybe, just maybe you should wrap your head around the fact it's a great game.

Uncharted 4 94
    The Last of Us 95
    Uncharted 3 92
    Uncharted 2 96

Yep, Naughty Dog just pays for these scores. It's not like they're considering one of the best development studios in the world... Oh wait.

To sum it up, no it's not crazy. Witcher 3 is a great game with universal praise but is still more polarizing then Uncharted in the fact that it is an unpolished open world game with a bug list a mile long and has performance issues on the consoles it was reviewed on. Uncharted 4 is a polished experience, with flawless performance and virtually no bugs in sight. So is the fact Uncharted is scoring very slightly better surprising? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Me thinking someone is an idiot doesn't make that person an idiot.
    You would think if you're wise enough to make this statement you would be wise enough to not use a word like idiot in a factual context(which you did).

tbh I played 2 (i think) and I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It was fun but really short?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    If they focused on anything other than mindless violence, I might agree that Naughty Dog is a good studio.

Uncharted is... run, climb 2-3 minutes... then shoot-out for 5 minutes. Run, climb 1 minute... shoot-out for 5 minutes. And unfortunately The Last of Us was pretty much the same. Just a bunch of violence. No exploring, no scavenging, not much of a story... just shoot, kill, shoot some more, sneak...then kill.

The games are aimed at 15 year olds, which is fine and all... but giving them max scores is beyond silly and just goes to show what a sad state the games industry is in.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    If they focused on anything other than mindless violence, I might agree that Naughty Dog is a good studio.

Uncharted is... run, climb 2-3 minutes... then shoot-out for 5 minutes. Run, climb 1 minute... shoot-out for 5 minutes. And unfortunately The Last of Us was pretty much the same. Just a bunch of violence. No exploring, no scavenging, not much of a story... just shoot, kill, shoot some more, sneak...then kill.

The games are aimed at 15 year olds, which is fine and all... but giving them max scores is beyond silly and just goes to show what a sad state the games industry is in.
    10/10 would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    tbh I played 2 (i think) and I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It was fun but really short?
    Oh cute, someone who perceives length as quality.

I'm never going to take that type of opinion serious after how many games long over stay their welcome and last longer then they should. The very long games that are actually good for most of that time(Witcher 3, Persona 4 for example) are very rare. Majority are just fetch quest heavy, which is length padding and in no way a show of game a qaulity.

10+ Year Old Account

Apparently we are hipsters for thinking that. I cannot believe how dull the combat in Uncharted is. I thought Bioshock Infinite had dull combat, but Uncharted is a whole other level. And to be clear, Bioshock Infinite is one of my all time favorite games. I love the story, and the world is amazing. But it is no where near a perfect game. Uncharted is the most linear game I've ever played. I mean, for real, Time Crisis has more pathing choices than Uncharted, and that game was literally on rails.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2016-05-06 at 04:04 PM.

Move along.

Oh cute, someone who perceives length as quality.

I'm never going to take that type of opinion serious after how many games long over stay their welcome and last longer then they should. The very long games that are actually good for most of that time(Witcher 3, Persona 4 for example) are very rare. Majority are just fetch quest heavy, which is length padding and in no way a show of game a qaulity.
    It was a fun 3 hours but when I'm nearly done after that it's hard to justify £50. This isn't "oh it was only 15 hours not 50" this is "it was less than 10"

On top of that, I agree the story did not engage me that much. This game doesn't have much replay value to me so that's another knock.

These are all personal opinions, but they are just as valid as yours.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Character development?
    Telling stories?
    Creating set pieces?

All they focus on is mindless violence eh? Have you even played their work?

Not much of a story in The Last of Us? Did we play the same game? Always love when someone uses this argument. When you try to simplify anything down to the bare bones it's going to sound like that. Doesn't make it close to the truth or help validate your point in any way and just comes off extremely silly.

So what do you have to backup this claim? You have a hipster opinion of a game with universal praise so it's aimed at 15 year olds? Kay.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a fun 3 hours but when I'm nearly done after that it's hard to justify £50. This isn't "oh it was only 15 hours not 50" this is "it was less than 10"

On top of that, I agree the story did not engage me that much. This game doesn't have much replay value to me so that's another knock.

These are all personal opinions, but they are just as valid as yours.
    http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10796

Well you just invalidated your opinion, because clearly you did not play Uncharted 2(or any uncharted game for that matter as none of them are even close to being only 3 hours).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-06 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol one of the best games of last generation and also one of the best examples of exemplary story telling in games has, "not much of a story."

You guys are hilarious.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10796

Well you just invalidated your opinion, because clearly you did not play Uncharted 2(or any uncharted game for that matter as none of them are even close to being only 3 hours).
    I didn't invalidate anything. I played the game 3~ hours, the game said my story progress was around 70% or so - this was in store. I decided "that was kinda fun but way too short to buy" and never finished it. Is the story progress not indicative? Maybe, but that isn't a plus for the game either.

I didn't invalidate anything. I played the game 3~ hours, the game said my story progress was around 70% or so - this was in store. I decided "that was kinda fun but way too short to buy" and never finished it. Is the story progress not indicative? Maybe, but that isn't a plus for the game either.
    Store Demos are not the full game. They are... shocking... store demos.

So your entire opinion is based around a store demo. Yes, your opinion is invalid when in pertains to the series and full games. Trying to pass off playing a store demo as playing the full game(which you did until I called you on it) is laughable in itself.

That would be like reviewers writing their review based off the e3/pax/gamescom demos. Because that's basically what store demos are, small fragments that spoil nothing major.

I have to question what difficulty you could have possibly been playing to have allegedly finished 70% of the game in 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    lol one of the best games of last generation and also one of the best examples of exemplary story telling in games has, "not much of a story."

You guys are hilarious.
    The Last of Us has no story and Uncharted 2 is only 3 hours, oh wait I mean Uncharted 2 store demo took him 3 hours to 70%.

I mean, when people are making it clearly obvious they never played the actual games c'mon. It's like not even hard to call them out.