Overwatch timeline ? [lore]

Is there an official timeline somewhere or statements which show when has what happened ?

I know that that the first Omnic Crisis and the original first Overwatch was 30 years ago

on that original first Overwatch there were: Soldier 76, Reyes/Reaper, Reinheardt, Torbjorn (someone else ?) .. basically the guys that were younger 30 years ago, but are still around now, just older than the rest of the cast

then Overwatch blossomed into this huge organisation and had their golden age which apparently lasted awhile .. many more of the current cast were part of that expanded peak Overwatch, including Tracer, Winston, Mercy, Pharah, McCree etc. .. Amelies/Widowmakers husband was also part of that and thats when her turning into Widowmaker by Talon hadto have happened

then at some point Overwatch fell apart and disbanded and now in the present game time, Winston is trying to reassemble it

so, my questions:

1) How long ago was the period when Tracer, Winston, Mercy etc. were actively part of Overwatch ? most of the younger cast (e.g. Tracer, Mercy etc.) look now the same as they did back then, so it could not have been that long ago ? Like at most this could have been 5-7 years ago, right ? Or even less

2) How long did that period last ? I.e. for how many years was Tracer officially part of Overwatch before it disbanded ?

3) How many years ago (relative to present game time) did the OW disband happen ?

and an unrelated question - are Reapers teleport and wraith ~smoke form pure gameplay mechanics or does he actually have some mystical/technological (nanotech ?) super powers ?

most of the cast are just skilled people with guns/armor/tech and Reyes seemed to be the same back in OW, but then Reaper starts doing supernatural-like shit .. explanation ??
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-05-05 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    There's no official time line yet AFAIK. However Metzen stated at Blizzcon that OW disbanded three years before the present. Tracer is 26 now and joined OW at 21. Which means that she was actually a part of OW for no more than 2 to 3 years.

As for Reaper's powers it seems like it may be nanotechnology based. There are some lines between Reaper and Mercy which heavily imply that one of her medical experiments went wrong and resulted in Reaper.

There's no official time line yet AFAIK. However Metzen stated at Blizzcon that OW disbanded three years before the present. Tracer is 26 now and joined OW at 21. Which means that she was actually a part of OW for no more than 2 to 3 years.
    thanks

yep, that makes sense

As for Reaper's powers it seems like it may be nanotechnology based. There are some lines between Reaper and Mercy which heavily imply that one of her medical experiments went wrong and resulted in Reaper.
    i see

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post

yeah, all we can do is take guesses here.

if I remember correctly the conversation goes something like reaper blaming her/them (OW) for his state and Mercy replying something along the lines of

that so not what we had in mind for you.

Mercy/ Angela Ziegler is like a really sick MD having invented her suit and staff all by herself,
    pretty sure reaper had some kind of accident and OW had to come up with some superexperimental treatment for it.

continuing that line of thought ..

I think I heard Reaper once say to McCree (in-game) "you were a good student" or something like that

Reaper trained him ? or did I mishear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    continuing that line of thought ..

I think I heard Reaper once say to McCree (in-game) "you were a good student" or something like that

Reaper trained him ? or did I mishear ?
    no they have that convo, actually heard that last night for the first time and I was in closed beta for a while^^, so random dem convos^^.

so yeah, mccree was an outlaw turned OW agent and reaper seemed to be his CO or so?

as an addendum, the last 2 OW shorts (before release ofc) I totally expect to be about Reaper/Soldier 76 and Hanzo/Genji (hyped as fck about their backstory, dieing to get my hands on that ffs).
    Last edited by Lothar; 2016-05-05 at 12:08 PM.

yeah I hit up the overwatch.gamepedia.com now, it seems to list all of the (little) lore that we have now, including specific dialogue lines between characters that are familiar with each other

McCree was in Blackwatch, instructed by Reaper

and yeah, Mercy made Reaper how he is now (she says accident, he (obviously) says not)

- - - Updated - - -

hmm

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/19809396/

Morrison and his peers ushered in an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity, but it was not to last. Two decades after Overwatch ended the Omnic Crisis and saved humanity, it was brought to its knees by a series of shocking allegations: negligence resulting in high-profile mission failures; corruption and mismanagement; weapons proliferation; human rights abuses; and more.

A special UN committee launched a lengthy and highly secretive investigation into the claims. This inquiry would lead to the dismantling of Overwatch, and its once-beloved agents would become objects of derision and suspicion in the media. But before all of that could happen, another tragedy would rock Overwatch and serve as the troubled organization's death rattle.
    coupled with this:
    However Metzen stated at Blizzcon that OW disbanded three years before the present.

either the investigation lasted almost 7 years

or the First Omnic War itself lasted a good several years

or both