Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You don't speak for all Canadians. How dare you!
    Pretty sure my opinion weighs more heavily than yours does here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    *Points at Prime Minister*

You're a little late for that.
    Not really something I have control over.

1 in 6 cant be right. If we are talking rapes and rape attempts. Which i geuss sexual violence is? Or is it another word for harrasment to make it sound more like rape?

There is no rape culture, these rape statistics are bullshit, these idiots promoting this rape culture are idiots.

Stop giving into idiots every time they open their mouth. Just weather the storm and if these agitator's don't want to go to your college than fuck em, it will be better place for it.

Look at what is going on now on college campus's in the US, declining enrollment of these college's that give into the demands of the outrage self victimization brigade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    There is no rape culture, these rape statistics are bullshit, these idiots promoting this rape culture are idiots.

Stop giving into idiots every time they open their mouth. Just weather the storm and if these agitator's don't want to go to your college than fuck em, it will be better place for it.

Look at what is going on now on college campus's in the US, declining enrollment of these college's that give into the demands of the outrage self victimization brigade.
    1 in 6 is definitely rape culture. Especially when you consider rape is highly underreported.

This is a serious matter.

Deleted
    What can be done about rape honestly? There will always be retards who do it. Not to mention alcohol...

I think the people raping are the ones i described.
    Last edited by mmoc20b0a89b82; 2016-05-05 at 05:14 PM.

rape culture canada, yup a tennisace thread.

to post on topic and avoid infraction, most university's seem to be completely full of bullshit lately so this doesn't surprise me.

So, tell me more about this supposed "rape culture" that you have in Canada, please.
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    1 in 6 cant be right. If we are talking rapes and rape attempts. Which i geuss sexual violence is? Or is it another word for harrasment to make it sound more like rape?
    Ding ding ding. Here's the survey (Yes, survey, not research, survey) that the 1/5 to 1/7 (it varies depending on the day) statistics are from
    https://www.aau.edu/uploadedFiles/AA...Misconduct.pdf

It just so happens that 1/4 questions is harassment/stalking/intimate partner violence, and 2 out of the 3 that remain are "Violations of student conduct" aka, not rape.

This is admitted in the survey itself. Which was conducted at only 2 universities. Without a proper sample selection, meaning that the type of people that answered the survey can skew the statistic massively.

THE STATISTIC IS BULLSHIT, PEOPLE.

The policy I would recommend to universities: report any complaints of rape to the police and let them handle it. This will let the university wipe their hands clean and law enforcement will be able to enforce laws.

To send me a cheque just pm me and we can arrange something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the DoJ's actual statistics, that puts the total amount of people that have been victim of any kind of sexual assault at 6.1 per 1000.
    http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf
    Quick math says that that's less than 1%

Even assuming that only 50% of rapes are reported... you're still about 18% shy of 1/5.

Trying to pretend anything but actual rape is rape is incredibly offensive to actual rape victims and harms their chances of seeing justice done. Harassment is harassment, not rape, stop trying to equate the 2 because they're no where near the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why? it isn't off topic gaming, its off topic
    Because good discussion regarding social and political matters never comes from the forums of a gaming website?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I want so bad to one day have the truth unveiled and realize Tenniscace is really some middle-aged male from a fly-over state who was just super super bored all the time. I would GLEEFULLY admit to being trolled, just to know for sure that no real person can actually hold all of these beliefs and be absolutely and completely against logical discussion.

Has this cancer spread to the UK yet, or is it only Canada / Sweden / USA?

I've literally never met one of these 3rd wave feminist retards IRL, and people seem baffled at all ages when I explain to them the shit that goes on. The way MMO C portrays it, this is a cancer that is infecting the whole of North America

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the DoJ's actual statistics, that puts the total amount of people that have been victim of any kind of sexual assault at 6.1 per 1000.

Even assuming that only 50% of rapes are reported... you're still about 18% shy of 1/5.
    DoJ? Lol bro. There is more to the world than one country. Good grief.

1 in 6 is definitely rape culture. Especially when you consider rape is highly underreported.

This is a serious matter.
    It's not. Stop promoting this garbage.

Awwww you beat me to it . GJ though posting the actual numbers though.

- - - Updated - - -

DoJ? Lol bro. There is more to the world than one country. Good grief.
    Unless you think Canadians are inherently more rapey it's a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because good discussion regarding social and political matters never comes from the forums of a gaming website?
    Do you think all gamers are basement dwellers who don't have jobs and live with their parents? Because I have gamed with people ranging from a fast-food worker to an ivy league college professor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Awwww you beat me to it . GJ though posting the actual numbers though.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you think Canadians are inherently more rapey it's a good place to start.
    A terrible place to start. The OP posted an article on rape culture in a Canadian university yet this chap is attempting to use statistics from a different country? Really dishonorable.

Isn't all this propaganda about rape culture considered conspiracy theories?