Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Emperor's not really designed to win games though, just like druid of the claw isn't designed to win games. That being said it's largely irrelevant to a yogg mage what anyone plays at any point.
    Fair point, but Yogg-Saron isn't the sole win condition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    They're strong, but not stronger than Boom (unless you were playing a face deck, in which case lol, eat a dick).

Any minion with at least 6/5 will be able to trade for both, where Boom would have killed that minion and lived. Eg Savannah Highmane - stronger than Twin Emps. Shieldbearer 2.0 - stronger than Twin Emps. Tirion - stronger.
    Are you trolling? Any 6/5 will be able to trade for both Emperors yes but it has to live for the turn between its attacks. Not many cards do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I just lost 4 games in a row because of twin emperors...they are so fucking op omg! I dont give a shit about C'thun, but the fucking minions are just to strong in general...and fucking emperors are just godlike.

omg fuck
    They are good, but they are not godlike. A huge drawback of the card is the fact that you need to have it in a C'thun deck, it's not like Dr Boom that you could include in pretty much any deck.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    They are good, but they are not godlike. A huge drawback of the card is the fact that you need to have it in a C'thun deck, it's not like Dr Boom that you could include in pretty much any deck.
    2 Disciples 2 chosens & maybe another misc one like the 3/6 taunt should generally cover you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Disciples 2 chosens & maybe another misc one like the 3/6 taunt should generally cover you.
    Sure, but the overall deck will be weaker because you included those. C'thun decks are really not that strong. And while getting 2x 4/6 taunts is good it's not godlike, especially not because of TBK.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-05-11 at 10:08 AM.

Sure, but the overall deck will be weaker because you included those. C'thun decks are really not that strong.
    No, it won't. None of those cards are weak by any means. the taunt is the only one even debatable here - and that's 1 card. Just to smooth out not drawing 2 of the other 4.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it won't. None of those cards are weak by any means.
    They are weaker than the cards you are replacing.

By virtue of being a c'thun deck you're a control to some level (in other words, not aggro). C'thuns chosen & disciple are both solid board control. One's an argent horserider that ignores taunt and the others a shredder replacement. The (miniscule) differences here are made up by your 4/10-5, your 6/5's that heal 10-20, your 6/6's that armor 10-20, and your double druid of the claw for 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    By virtue of being a c'thun deck you're a control to some level (in other words, not aggro). C'thuns chosen & disciple are both solid board control. One's an argent horserider that ignores taunt
    Sure, but without shield, so it dies to anything.

and the others a shredder replacement. The (miniscule) differences here are made up by your 4/10-5, your 6/5's that heal 10-20, your 6/6's that armor 10-20, and your double druid of the claw for 7.
    The fact that you only need to deal 3 over 2 hits instead of 5 damage to kill it makes it a lot weaker than a shredder.

The point is that C'thun decks are really not that strong, and while Twin Emps is good it's somewhat countered by TBK. Twin Emps is nowhere near as strong as Dr Boom.

Sure, but without shield, so it dies to anything.
    So does argent horserider after it's done its 2 damage anywhere except face (and it's practically never used vs face, and only because they've got nothing left to do in aggro shaman at that!)

The fact that you only need to deal 3 over 2 hits instead of 5 damage to kill it makes it a lot weaker than a shredder.

The point is that C'thun decks are really not that strong, and while Twin Emps is good it's somewhat countered by TBK.
    It is weaker, but then we've had a general power decrease with naxx/gvg gone and shredder was insanely above nearly any other 4 drop. This is still a solid sticky board presence for 4 and you can't really deny that. Overkilling is fairly normal, particularly with divine shield minions as only a handful of classes can handle them efficiently (not going 2:1) within a turn.

If it delays plays, forces plays, or goes 2 for 1 it's undeniably a solid 4 drop.

Vanilla c'thun decks aren't that strong but that's because they're literally template decks - ofcourse they're not top decks just like you alter the zoo lock template to improve it. A C'thun deck drops all the 'weak' c'thun cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    evolve isn't that great with them playing minions with overload they will often get minions worse than the ones they played, only if the shaman manages to get value trades and have his minions at low hp is evolve a good ability, full health you risk losing the game, like a shaman did against me turned a minion into dreadscale, revenge cleared his board and he lost lol.
    The only ones you really lose on with evolve is the new 7/7 and an undamaged totem golem. The fact it heals the minion is an extra benefit.

But yeah, enough board clears will eventually ruin evolve shaman's shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    evolve isn't that great with them playing minions with overload they will often get minions worse than the ones they played, only if the shaman manages to get value trades and have his minions at low hp is evolve a good ability, full health you risk losing the game, like a shaman did against me turned a minion into dreadscale, revenge cleared his board and he lost lol.
    Indeed! The Shaman I faced had full board and one of his minions was turned into a doomsayer. That won me the game

This concept is so flawed...

Why do they even put an "If" in the wording of the card.If the deck isnt fulltime shit then your C'Thun always has 10 at turn 7...they could have made it at least 15 attack.

The "If" just gives me to much of an idead like "if you achievend at this point of the game that your Cthun has 10 attack, you get rewarded with"...

The way it is not they could just as well make the card say "Battlecry: Summon a Twin Emperor"

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    This concept is so flawed...

Why do they even put an "If" in the wording of the card.If the deck isnt fulltime shit then your C'Thun always has 10 at turn 7...they could have made it at least 15 attack.

The "If" just gives me to much of an idead like "if you achievend at this point of the game that your Cthun has 10 attack, you get rewarded with"...

The way it is not they could just as well make the card say "Battlecry: Summon a Twin Emperor"
    To restrict it to C'thun decks. Otherwise anyone could run it, and it would be far more rampant in terms of usage I'd imagine.

I mean, I get what you mean, 10 is quick to reach.

Yeah it's basically just to stop you putting one C'Thun buffer in your deck and playing Twemps.

There have been times I didn't get to 10 on my C'Thun when I needed to, though it affects my Klaxxi Amberweavers a lot more often than Twemps. God I hate playing 4/5 Klaxxis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.