Dragon Age Inquisition VS Witcher 3

I know both games are relatively old by gaming standards (or, at the very least, not brand new) but I've recently been going over both and I'm wondering what you guys and girls think, which one is better?

For me, DAI obviously has a lot of flaws, the world is too big, the story is somewhat cliche, the romance options aren't that exciting. In many regards the Witcher is a better game, BUT it has one glaring shortcoming which I cannot get over - namely, Geralt. He feels like your typically shoehorned "badass" batman-wannabe guy that always plays the "too cool to be bothered" card. Now before anyone starts giving me a history lesson of why he is what he is and all that, I am more than familiar with the lore of the Witchers. It is completely justifiable, lorewise, that he's virtually emotionless and his voice always has the same intonation. However, this does not make him any more of an enjoyable character, and it ruins the protagonist you're supposed to identify with and play as for hundreds of hours. Frankly, Geralt is BORING. It is for this sole reason that I can overlook all the technical and narrative shortcomings of DAI and say without a doubt that it is the better game for me, because if the main character is not relatable the whole game is worthless.

TL;DR - Witcher has better sidequests, story, world, but DAI wins because Geralt is, to me, an unplayably boring character.
    Last edited by Exilian; 2016-05-05 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got from this was "The Witcher is by far the superior game, but Geralt is boring and that one fact makes DA:I much better than The Witcher, even though I listed a lot of flaws for it."

Not a good way to start off a debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    DA:I if only because you can customize your character. Both are excellent games as far as I'm concerned and I've replayed each at least twice.

Witcher 3 by an avalanche.

DAI's side quests are a joke. Gameplay's hugely dumbed down from the other 2 titles, tactics are gone, the controls feel awkward as hell on PC.

I also found DAI's companions to be largely uninteresting. Doesn't help that there's a couple token homosexual characters.

Did we really need the story of a gay guy shunned by his family for his orientation? Full blown political correctness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Did we really need the story of a gay guy shunned by his family for his orientation? Full blown political correctness.
    Damn straight, it's not as if things like that happen in real life.

Got to keep them gays out of our video games.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Damn straight, it's not as if things like that happen in real life.

Got to keep them gays out of our video games.

/s
    There are so many complaints you can give about DAI and he chose to highlight one that portrays him as sounding homophobic. Jesus, that post.

@OP Witcher 3 is the far superior game. Witcher 3 is substance over style, DAI lacks both substance and style for me. MMO worthy side quests and lackluster character progression do it no benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... we're not having game vs game here.