Poll: ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it's something only seen by the average player for 3-4 seconds nowadays with the Bnet app handling actual login credentials, I think it's fine. While I did enjoy the flashyness of WotLK/Cata's login screen, such things would be wasted now (I don't even think the Frostwyrm would have time to roar nowadays!)
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Deleted
    looks kinda plain imo

has a tbc feel to it, i like it

Deleted
    LAZYYYY as hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    It's the user's youtube page, so they took the music from somewhere or the other. It's not official, because all login music uses a modified version of that theme that I forget the name of (I think it's Legends of Azeroth).
    Oh I see, thanks for the info!

Because that really shocked me a bit. Blizzard can and will mess up on all kind of things, but I don't remember them ever delivering shitty or unfitting music.

They need to Stanley Kubrick that shit.

Obviously it doesn't matter much, but it is weirdly plain, and, well, just bad. Here's hoping it's a WIP, I guess. Have they edited and worked on login screens in the past after their first implementation into the beta/alpha?

It's bad because most of the people wont be looking at for more than 5 seconds. Why would they put effort in it?

It looks pretty rudimentary and I'm almost certain it's an in-progress.

I'd like to point out before anyone gets too buttmad at this new login screen (I'm already probably way too late for this) that there was not an expansion I've partaken in the beta of that actually kept its first login screen. They've always added shadows or extra frills or smoothed out the edges at some point so there's absolutely no reason to suspect that won't be the case this time.

That being said, while this one is a bit crude I wouldn't really be upset if it launched the way it is. I just think it looks a bit blocky, a bit too much neon green and the felguards look super awkward, but the scenery itself is really amazing when you focus on the little details. I also like the fact that there are actual demons by the portal, even if they seem to be strangely distanced. If they're both standing on each side of the portal, why does the second one seem off to the side and the more center one look right up by your face? The perspective is really off, but I like them so I hope they remain for the final version.

I think it would be absurdly cool if they actually had a demonic army pouring out in periodic waves if you stayed on the login screen. Bonus points if they add in an obnoxious roar every now and then.

It feels too peaceful.. There should be more stuff going on in the environment, maybe a storm or more focus on the swirling whirlwind coming out of the top of the tomb, at least a few infernal's flying around.

The MoP login screen fitted well to me, it was peaceful, setting the initial tonnes of the expansion, I don't think Legion wants to hit us with peaceful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    We need an endless, well, legion crawling out of the gates, a sea of demons that keep on spilling. It would give scale to the login screen, and it'd be something we haven't seen from a WoW login screen before.
    The marching felguards from the expansion preview would be a sweet login screen.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's good but it should be zoomed out more.

I also think it would have been cooler if the portal had a constant stream of Legion walking out. Just having 2 stand there, chilling, really isn't all that menacing.

I like it yeah. The music is very fitting too, better than other recent expansion login music.