View Poll Results: LFG Teleport

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Remove the teleportation, start running!

1 7.69%
  • Keep it! Fast dungeon, loot and TP out with your rewards.

12 92.31%
    Deleted

A suggestion to LFG tool

Could the LFG tool be changed in a way, that the teleporting into the selected dungeon would be removed, and you had to normally move to the entrance? It still would let you choose what dungeon(s) you want to queue and form a group automatically, but you just don't get a teleport. Can't say what would happen with random dungeon queueing tho. I just see so much about "small world, no exploring, nobody flies/runs with mount anywhere again" stuff so much, would this help at all? Or make people frustrated and change to nag and want back the "good old wotlk-wod" days where you got an instant teleport?

When people complain theres nothing to do in the world do you imagine their solution is to fly to dungeon entrances.

What a shit idea.

"123! 123! 123! 123!"
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

If people are out there "exploring the world" while I'm waiting for them them to show up at the fuckin' dungeon ... let's say they won't be exploring on someone else's time for long.

There's absolutely nothing interesting about walking to dungeons. It's absolute nonsense. It has nothing to do with outdoor activity, "exploring" or any other crap that people like to bring up when they're whining about LFG. It doesn't add to the dungeon experience in any shape or form, and it doesn't add to the outdoor experience in any shape or form - because you're not actually engaging in any outdoor activity and it's not what you're supposed to do in that moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    What would this help? People would just say, that this extends the time you use in the game, increasing the time which you do tedious work. It might help a little bit with the small world, but it will not even be close to fixing the problem. Also, it would be a huge problem for low lvl characters, who can't always move to the dungeons, which they are allowed to que for.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

You are basically describing what group finder is so all you are actually asking is for LFG to be removed

I'd much rather have teleports in city to go close to the dungeons than being teleported to it.

You have to go on spot for mythic dungeons and it's not really an issue... except UBRS because of distance.

There should be a port to somewhere close to the dungeon (like the mage tower/spirit lodge thingy) that you can unlock if you clear the proper zone while leveling and get the dungeon quest that allows you to go there quickly.

I know they removed after Cata the need to "discover the dungeon" before queuing for it, Cata it was all over the place, but it's kind of ridiculous to see people not being able to find the entrance after dying.

You should always zone in yourself in instanced content, and have a port to take you there, same applies for pvp.. it should teleport you next to the Alterac Valley starting zone and you zone into the BG by yourself. How many people know where the entrace is these days? lol.