Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    "Vegathis - A strange and frightful desert region of blood red dunes and ancient ruins, where crumbling, eternally burning undead scheme."

I want a zone like this more than anything in WoW. I imagine a mostly blood red scheme like Blasted Lands but with a more Saharan Desert feel to it, with plenty of ethereral machinery and purple electricity strewn about. I don't know why but that kind of aesthetic really appeals to me. Also, ever since they kind of turned Uldum into a meme back in Cataclysm, I think it's time they did a proper desert zone RIGHT this time.
    Blasted Lands like red but Tanaris like desert
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I would like it if Blizzard, if they were to add Ethereals as a playable race (Which I would FUCKING LOVE), then I would like it if they were nonbinary. No gender, just. One androgynous body for all the Ethereal Players to share. Because they're no really meant to have genders. They are sentient energy clouds that use various wrappings to give themselves form.
    But, again, I can see why they would want to do that. And I would expect them to do something like this, again, if Ethereals are the next race added in the next expansion.

Still hopin' on Ethereals though. I'd definitely play one.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Hello, I am a new server owner and I am very very interested in the void concept you have created.
    I was curious on if I would be able to use the concept you have created about the void, and of course I would give you credit.
    Anyhow, to contact me you can add me on discord, Samsara#6144. Have a good day

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for callin it fan expansion and not leak
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    +1 for callin it fan expansion and not leak
    This thread has been out for well over a year now. GoldenYak is an OG with his expansion concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Warning: Hot topless ethereal action below:
    I might get banned for this. But here's one without bandages.

2hot4mmochampion.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally if I were doing it to further differentiate it from Outland I'd make the different worlds actually separate instead of mashed together into a continent, with some travel system allowing us to actually brave the stormy chaos of the twisting nether to traverse between zones. I'd be really interested to see what they could do with phasing and optical illusions like the deathwing or WoD train fight to create the illusion of the world actually crumbling and swirling in this anarchy of the Twisting Nether.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-25 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    So heeey, 2018! Woo!

Big thanks to everyone who's posted here, and to everyone who follows my expansion concept threads and reads my stuff on WoWpedia and PMs me and everything. You folks rule and I love hearing from you.

Got a couple Warcraft-related new years resolutions to tackle, #1 being 'finish concept art for my Into the Void expansion concept', hence this post.

Like I said earlier, the writing and story is complete for this concept and can be seen on WoWpedia. But I had tons of creature concepts I wanted to do and was really dragging my heels on finishing them. So, this year, in the interests of getting concepts out faster and more efficiently, I'm trying something a little different.

I've always aspired to create art of the heavily-stylized super-detailed style that Blizzard art has always showcased, art of the Darksiders, Joe Mad, Wildstar, Sons of the Storm variety - you know what I'm talking about. And that's still art that I want to do, and my efforts have yielded lately stuff like this:

Voidwalker

Unbound Voidwalker

Eldritch Voidwalker

Unbound Eldritch Voidwalker

Void Witch

But I feel like I'm just not there. Maybe I won't ever be, though like I said I still want to and will still try. Right now, trying for that art style means I do like a piece of art every 2-3 months, and I still find it falling short of where I want it to be.

Thus, like I said -trying something different. Now I'm going for a quicker, more simplified style, of the kind I've done in the past for the video games I've worked on, Swords of the Stars: the Pit and Kaiju-a-GoGo (PLUG)

And so, it begins - Into the Void's Bestiary, take 2:

Eldritch Voidwalker

Voidcaller

Void Master (cuz the whole Void Lord/void lord/Voidlord/voidlord thing is just too goofy)

Voidwraith

Void Revenant

Void Witch

Void Knight

Void Baron

Void God (this one spooks even me a little)

Void Reaver

Void Hawk

Void Hound

Zhagoom (void giraffe)

Void Terror

Void Gazer (unbound and bound versions)

Void Giant

Voidsworn Ethereal

Void Primarch Ahriman (the 'Gul'dan' of Into the Void)

These creatures are the 'Legions of the Void' that represent the major antagonistic forces in the Voidlands. They're a mix of Void-creatures we've encountered before, plus new creatures turned lose on the mortal universe by the Void Lords to secure their lasting victory.

Going forwards, this is the style with which I'll present the creatures and characters I design for my expansion concepts. In contrast to the first set of images, which took me about 3 weeks for the Voidwalker and its variants and 3-4 weeks for the Voidwitch, almost 1 month per piece, I knocked out the 18 creature designs of the second set in my free time over the last 2 weeks, and that was with all of the holiday-related stuff I was doing.

Doing art this way means I'll be able to churn out creature designs much, much faster and give people an idea of what all the horrible beasties I populate my concepts with actually look like. And also it means I'll be able to complete these expansion concepts more quickly since I'm not taking months to draw a creature or two.

From here, I'll be going through each zone in the Voidlands and put together another 4-5 creature designs each, then move on to drawing bosses for the raids to close out the project. And when Into the Void's totally wrapped up...

...and maybe even one last concept after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    This Concept Art is so Awesome. I hope Blizzard sees this and get inspired from the Concept Art of the Fan made Expansion Into the Void. Keep up with Great Work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks WoWKnight!

This update, I've got creature art from the zone the Algol Expanse. This howling wasteland of floating glaciers and chaotic ice planes holds terrible secrets in the depths of its frozen crevasses.

The world of Algol was invaded by the malevolent aqir, insectile spawn of the Old Gods, and while the inhabitants of the icy world fought valiantly, their world was ultimately dragged down into darkness and destroyed, its surviving remnants devoured by the Void. Only the tremendous presence of elemental ice and water energies prevented the Void from swallowing the world's fragments completely.

The worldshard of the Algol Expanse is a land in the grip of eternal cold, of plains covered ice and mountains white with snow. Great glaciers of ice drift in the void and crash into the jagged edge of the worldshard, grinding out great rents and chasms. The devouring darkness of the Void collides with the elemental energies of the worldshard, creating spectacular aurora to illuminate the star-filled sky.

Dotted throughout the realm are settlements of the native dengar, and half-buried in ice are ruins of a race known as the thivan, who perished when Algol was devoured by the Void.

Dengar

The dengar are a race native to the worldshard of the Algol Expanse. One of the last surviving sentient races from Algol, the dengar warred centuries ago to preserve the last remnants of their world from insectile invaders that attacked them from Algol's nearby sister-world, Yuggol. The dengar continue to survive on the Algol Expanse, carving out an existence among the ice planes and frosty peaks. Their natural thick, furry hides protect them from the intense cold, and their formidable claws allow them to carve apart ice, stone, and flesh with equal ease. Though ferocious when provoked, the dengar are largely a peaceful race. Only a handful of tribes have been driven to savagery and violence, most influenced by a dark, lingering evil within the frigid depths of Algol's deepest chasms - the last echo of the power that broke their world long ago.

Zeezil
    (I love these guys)

The zeezil are a primitive race of creatures native to Algol. They are regarded largely as vermin and practically sub-sentience. The zeezil resemble small furry creatures with two arms and six legs on a long, sinuous body which they can curl into a ball to roll rapidly down hills. Zeezil are scavengers and will filch food and supplies from unwary travelers. They typically run when any real resistance is brought against them, and burrow into soft snow to avoid pursuit.

Worm Hydra
    (Think I went a little too Pokemon with this one)

The most ferocious predators of the expanse are the ravenous Worm Hydra. Its thick shaggy pelt protects it from the deadly cold of the environment, while its many heads tear its prey to pieces.

Den'gron
    (I realized during this one that the dengar and den'gron were pretty yeti-like. Oh well!)

Colossal giants that are part flesh and blood and part elemental fury, the mighty den'gron stride the frozen wastes of the Algol Expanse. Their appearance suggests some connection with the dengar race, but even the dengar themselves are unsure of the exact nature of this relation. An aura of elemental cold surrounds the den'gron, freezing the very blood in its prey's veins.

The Accursed

The dengar fear and avoid the deep chasms and canyons of the Algol Expanse, for a powerful evil lurks in the depths. Many brave hunters and warriors thought to explore the deep places and drive the evil away, but none who entered ever returned. Dengar who give in to despair out on the icy plains find themselves drawn to the largest and most feared of these regions, the Frostgulf Crevasse - they hear whispers on the wind that lure them into the dark, welcoming them into madness and corruption.

I just wanted say that this looks totally awesome and VERY believable , as in, if i saw it somewhere posted as blizzard leaks i would be googlin it
    Not the most original idea - but seeing your concepts the Archon from SC universe came to my mind almost immediatelly. What would happen if 2 voidlords go "Fusion dance" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks @LiPiNo. Looking at that Void God, it does sort've look a bit an Archon, doesn't it.

I started this concept before Chronicles came out and introduced the idea of the Void Lords and expanded on the nature of the Void, and it wound up changing a lot of what I had planned originally. But I worked some of my speculation about the Void Lords into areas like the Grove of Whispers and the Altar of the Deep Void as ways of presenting the lore I made in interesting ways.

In answer to your question, 2 Void Lords would combine together into a single more powerful Void Lord. And in fact, any number of Void Lords can merge to create a more powerful incarnation.

I have no idea what Blizzard intends for the actual Void Lords, but in my story, the Void Lords are vast in number but aren't actually that powerful as individuals (though some are stronger than others). It's only when the Void Lords pool their powers together that they become truly dangerous. It took thousands of Void Lords to create a single Old God, and hundreds of thousands (or possibly millions) to generate an avatar like Dimensius capable of devouring entire worlds. Separately, they are not especially formidable. Together, they can topple gods and Titans. A bit like the players, really...

This post I have creatures from the zone of Rakari. The bleak forested peaks of this realm are battered by constant gales and storms due to elemental instability. Murky lowland canyons are infested with hives of the vile myrmec race, who worship an evil power in their subterranean lairs.

The worldshard of Rakari is a mountainous realm of hardy evergreen forests and tall peaks, battered by constant windstorms and rain. Fragments of the realm drift like clouds overhead, suspended both by the unnatural energies of the Void that suffuse them and by the adbundance of elemental air that remain in the worldshard. Dark canyons split the land.

The rakai people wander the land and have few permanent settlements, with even these being little more than camps. Scattered throughout the realm are structures of Titan design, though most have fallen into ruin and been largely abandoned. The myrmec race make immense dwellings of dried mud, usually in the deepest canyons.

One of the more notable regions in Rakari is the Grove of Whispers, where secrets gathered by the constellar and their servants are held.

Rakai

The leonine rakai are native to the worldshard of Rakari. Long ago, the tribes of the rakai battled alongside the other denizens of their world against an invasion by a malevolent Old God and its insectoid aqir creations. The people of Rakari successfully repelled the invasion of the Old God before it could become fully entrenched in their world, driving the great beast back into the stars and slaughtering most of its creations. The rakai returned to their tribal existence, not knowing that surviving servants of the Old God had burrowed into the inner depths of their world, plotting its destruction. The rakai endure on the worldshard of Rakari, following the old ways of hunting and praying to spirits and wild gods. Soon however, change must come to their way of life, if they are to survive the coming of the Void.

Myrmec

Insectoid fiends that infest the deep canyons of underground hollows of Rakari. These creatures are a strain of the malevolent aqir race, born from the Old God who invaded the world of Rakari. Resembling ant-like beings, the myrmec also have a similar society to the eusocial insect species - most of the myrmec are infertile females, while only a handful are hulking, sub-sentient males.

Myrmec Brute

They are ruled over by a supreme queen, who spawns her multitudes of children to carry out the will of their deities. The myrmec were abandoned on Rakari after their Old God creator, a being known to them as He Who Shapes, was repulsed by Rakari's denizens. They have never stopped working towards the ruin of all who dwell in Rakari, believing that one day He Who Shapes will return to them.

Evidence of the ancient ruins built on Algol suggests that their long dead insectoid builders were the same variety of aqir as the myrmec, with virtually identical structures located in the depths of both worlds.

Ghanti

The ghanti are not native to any world. They were created long ago by the Titans, forged from stone drifting in the Great Dark Beyond and infused with elemental energies to bring them to life. They were assigned to assist the constellar as recorders and observers over the worlds that the Titans shaped. The ghanti were given vast capacity for memory, turning them into living informational storage mediums. The ghanti who served constellar Nodensius watched over a world that long ago was swallowed by the Void. The denizens of that world had turned to the worship of dark powers, but Nodensius had stayed his hand from bringing Reorigination - the constellar had long watched the people of the world and remembered a time when they were good, and he trusted that they would turn away from evil in the end. Sadly, Nodensius' trust was misplaced, and the world fell to the Void.

As penance, Nodenius wandered the Void with his ghanti, recording all they encountered and cataloguing the various worldshard fragments that survived in the dark depths. They eventually chose the worldshard of Rakari as their base of operations, where the ghanti grew their Grove of Whispers, a garden-forest that also acted as a living repository for their collective knowledge. Nodensius fell into apathy shortly after settling on Rakari, but the ghanti continue their function to watch and record. Secretly they hope that one day they will find the means to rouse their master from his despair, and that their long penance in the Void will come to an end, that they may once again sail between the stars on their stone wings and observe worlds of abundant life and light.

Air Dragon

The elemental power of air is in ascendancy in Rakari, without the other elemental powers to balance it. Elementals of all kinds manifest from storms, including great elemental dragons. Mightiest of their kind is Ailerith the Stormsinger, Elemental Lord of Air for the world of Rakari. She has unleashed her children upon the region to ravage and destroy at will, intending to go out in a gale of elemental glory in the face of the encroaching Void. Noctarch Baaz, one of the Voidtouched ethereals and a servant of Ahriman, is using the power of the Void to transform the elemental drakes into Duskwyrms - Void-energy dragon creatures.

The entire story of the realm of Rakari and all its inhabitants can be found on WoWpedia with the rest of the Into the Void concept. Next update will be the area known as the Netherglades, where an offshoot of the Burning Legion is up to something rotten...

More, more, more!

I really like the Eldritch Void Walker and your version of the Void God. Very nice.

And also all the Ethereal customization options. You make it work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I get to this thread I can't help admire you more, Yak.

I wish I had more time to write on mine :c

Keep up the brilliant work!

Also... the Rakai remind me much of Kimahri and the Ronso of Final Fantasy X. I like them.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2018-01-20 at 01:55 AM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

That's some nice concept art. You happen to work for a gamedev company or something?

Dev for NEO Impossible Bosses, an RTS-MOBA Raidboss rush game!

The Rakai are pretty fantastic, I’ve wanted a race like that for a while...cat-folk have been cool since BoFII.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I really like the Eldritch Void Walker and your version of the Void God. Very nice.

And also all the Ethereal customization options. You make it work!
    Thanks. I really think a similar concept could make the Ethereals work as a potential future race.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Every time I get to this thread I can't help admire you more, Yak.

I wish I had more time to write on mine :c

Keep up the brilliant work!
    Thanks Azalar. Believe me, I understand how frustrating it can be not to have time to work on projects. It's why I changed the way I do art for these.

Also... the Rakai remind me much of Kimahri and the Ronso of Final Fantasy X. I like them.
    Thanks, I was thinking of Kimahri when I drew these! It was a mix of him and the blue-cat-people from Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ddengster View Post
    That's some nice concept art. You happen to work for a gamedev company or something?
    In fact I do! I work for an indie game company in Vancouver, Canada called Kerberos Productions. We just overhauled our website, so you can see some of the games I worked on.

This post about the Netherglades. A verdant, swampy jungle-realm, with rainbow-shimmering foliage and darkly beautiful inner regions. The realm's abundant life energy holds back the devouring entropy of the Void.

The Netherglades world fragment was once from the world of Phylarc, a realm overflowing with natural life energy and magical arcane energy that created a vast forested world filled with plant-creatures that warred with flesh and blood animals in a constant primal battle. This cycle came to an end when Phylarc was devoured by the Void.

The elemental lord of forests, Verdanis, was able to preserve a fragment of Phylarc even within the darkness of the Void, creating the Netherglades. The vast nature and arcane energies of the world-shard hold back the devouring darkness of the Void, but the potency of the realm drew other enemies to it.

Demons of the Burning Legion led by the Nathrezim discovered the Netherglades and sent their forces to seize the realm. The Dreadlords plot to corrupt the Netherglades life energies to create a vast reservoir of Fel energy in order to further fuel their wicked schemes. Verdanis discovered the pollution, but was powerless to drive the demons away - any creature of the glades that tried to fight became polluted by the fel and the turned on their brethren. Helpless to fight back effectively, Verdanis could only watch and hope somehow for a miracle as his home began to rot and sicken under the dark influence of demons.

Boggruk

Boggruk are a race that is both plant and animal, bearing attributes of both. Muscle that is both flesh and plant-matter, blood that is also sap. Native to the lost world of Phylarc, many broods of boggruk survive within the verdant marshlands called the Netherglades. Boggruk are highly attuned to the forces of nature, and have a deep connection with the forest that they dwell within. This sensitivity to the ways of nature make them highly effective defenders of the marsh, as they can instinctively sense when their home is distressed and what the source of it is. Recently however, this sensitivity has been turned against them as a fel poison has begun to pollute their home, tainting several broods of boggruk and turning them into vicious beasts.

Glade Hound

The Netherglades are a realm overflowing with the elemental energy of nature and the power of the arcane, and this has resulted in the evolution of plants that are every bit as fierce and savage as the most ferocious of beasts. The Glade Hound is one such creature, a predator of the swamps that tracks and kills creatures of flesh and blood, tearing chunks of meat from their kill and digesting it in vegetable stomachs.

Gladegrown Giant

Elemental giants of nature, children of the Elemental Lord of Nature Verdanis, these mighty creatures have bodies composed of vinegrowth, mud, woodrot, and other detritus of the swamp. Their bodies are veritable furnaces of life energy, representing the capacity of nature to recycle dead plant life to give rise to new growth - where the Gladegrown walk, plants spring to life in their footsteps. The Gladegrown dwell within the Netherglades, protecting the abundant wildlife from the ravages of the Void. Recently, a fel pollution has tainted regions of the Netherglades, and some of the Gladegrown are beginning to grow more hostile as a result.

Vethrezim

Related to the Nathrezim and Tothrezim races, the Vethrezim are a brutish demon race that act as the enforcers and guards of Nathrezim strongholds. They are often called Dreadknights or Dreadguard. They resemble hulking Nathrezim, though their wings are strangely crooked and inverted, with their wing phalanges pointed up instead of down. Vethrezim also sprout horns from their heads, but they typically cut these horns down to flat stumps as a shown of deference to their nathrezim overlords. Vethrezim rarely act as soldiers in Legion assaults, and instead are used to protect Nathrezim holdings on worlds within the Twisting Nether. Small armies of Vethrezim defend the fiery citadels of the Dreadlords against any trespass.

Gothrezim

While the Vethrezim are the brute muscle serving the agenda of the Dreadlords, the Gothrezim are their clerks, assistants, and archivists. They record the lore and knowledge gathered by the Nathrezim in their sojourns across the cosmos, inscribing what they learn into records that are carefully stored in Nathrezim strongholds throughout the Twisting Nether. Gothrezim possess potent magical abilities and are often used as subordinates and assistants by the Nathrezim to carry out schemes and experiments beneath their station.

Felglade Giant

The Dreadlords have spared Fel corruption throughout the Netherglades, and many of the children of Verdanis have been badly afflicted by this foul pollution. These monsters now rampage to destroy nature where before they had once protected it.

The whole story of the Netherglades and all its inhabitants can be found on WoWpedia, with the rest of the concept. Next post will be about Nachitar, and what the Nathrezim are really up to in the Voidlands.

So Voidy, So Good, Yak yuo realy good artist, luck to yuo with morer Arts and FanExpansions

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! This post is about the realm of Nachitar!

Nachitar is probably my favorite zone that I created for Into the Void. While I had originally placed the Legion as an enemy here, the Nathezim are at the forefront of things and feature the most, with all of their servants and minions being varieties of demons related to the Nathrezim, like the creatures I drew for the Netherglades post. I put together the story of this stone pre-Legion of course, but with Legion's events bringing about the defeat of the Burning Legion, if I were to set Into the Void post-Legion, then I think the story of this zone would work even better, with the Nathrezim once again operating under their own authority and seeking to exploit other worlds for their own desires.

Formerly a mountainous world of beautiful golden forests and striking darkstone peaks, the presence of the Burning Legion in Nachitar threatens to finally destroy it. Nachitar was once a paradise world, where the elements of Earth and Life were in ascendancy and existed in perfect harmony for millennia. The Naaru greatly loved the world of Nachitar and would frequently visit it to bask in its beauty and commune with the benevolent elemental spirits that lived there.

Tragically, there came a time when a Naaru tainted with the darkness of the Void came to Nachitar. Seeking a place of comfort and solace, the Void-tainted Naaru inadvertently brought ruin to the world, causing the Void to devour it. Only a fragment remained, which survives in the Voidlands. It is this worldshard that the Nathrezim have come to exploit, seeking the Void-infused stone of Nachitar to fuel their war efforts.

The Nathrezim's mining operations in the zone have spread fel pollution into the nearby Netherglades, and adventurers following this pollution to its source will discover Nachitar and all its various inhabitants. Nachitar has become something of a magnet for all manner of strangers and voyagers through the Voidlands, and holds a dark secret beneath its golden forests and black stone mountains...

Aurelian Treants

The golden forests of Nachitar were some of the most beautiful in the cosmos, tended by the spirit of nature Auriallis and her children, the Aurelian Treants. When the Void engulfed Nachitar, Auriallis was devoured by the darkness, with the last of her essence existing within the surviving golden forests. Her treant daughters continue to nurture these golden groves to this day, hoping that if they grow large enough, their mother Auriallis will be restored to them.

Strata Giants

While Auriallis and her treants were expressions of the power of nature, the power of earth was incarnate in mighty Stratagor and his giant sons. Born of the black stone of Nachitar, their strength was immense, and they maintained the balance of the elemental powers of the world. When Auriallis was devoured by the Void, mighty Stratagor nearly succumbed to despair, but when he discovered the last lingering essence of Auriallis within her golden forests, he vowed that he would preserve what was left of their broken world no matter the cost. Stratagor and his giants are tireless defender of Nachitar, fighting against the encroaching Nathrezim forces, and other, darker powers that are awakening throughout the Voidlands.

Mekkanoi - The Autons

The Mekkanoi are mechanical constructs, built by an unknown race that was consumed by the Void. While their builders were ultimately totally destroyed by the Void, the Mekkanoi endured. Fleeing their destroyed world in mechanical space-craft, the Mekkanoi fleet was consumed by the Void and crashed on Nachitar, barely managing to survive. The Mekkanoi soon split into two distinct factions - the Autons and the Omeganauts. The Omeganauts hold themselves superior to other forms of intelligence and seek to dominate, while the Autons believe freedom is the right of every sentient being. They are led by the benevolent Autonimus Primax, first and most noble of their kind.

Mekkanoi - The Omeganauts

While the Autons were created by their makers to be servants and builders, the Omeganauts were designed to fight battles. When the surviving Mekkanoi came to Nachitar, the Autons sought to explore the world beyond their fallen vessel and make contact with other beings, while the Omeganauts wished to conquer other living beings, seeing them all as inferior forms of life like their fallen builders. Led by the strongest of their kind, Omegatronus, the Omeganauts plan to dismantle the Autons and rebuild them as more of their own kind.

The Gog

Shortly after the Void began to shift and Nachitar was joined to other worldshards, Stratagor beheld a terrible sight - tumbling out of the dark sky was an immense, horrible creature made of flesh and blood, born of the Void. The great beast crashed into Nachitar's northern mountains like a mountain itself, its impact lodging it deep in the earth and stone. Stratagor marched to investigate the strange intruder, only to find its huge body broken and lifeless, bleeding out a horrible black ooze that turned to metal when it touched the stone of Nachitar. Sensing the lingering corruption and foulness in the thing, Stratagor called upon his powers to entombed the beast's corpse in enchanted stone, sealing it away from the rest of Nachitar. But the Nathrezim's mining efforts in Nachitar have unearthed the immense carcass, and released the evil that has festered within it.

Dreadful entities born from the black blood of an Old God known in fearful whispers across the cosmos as the Butcher of Worlds. The Gog are attracted to the bloodlust of other sentient beings, bubbling up from beneath the ground in the presence of battle and bloodshed. The presence of the Gog serves to drive nearby beings to ever greater heights of savagery, causing even the most noble and stalwart of souls to commit brutal atrocities. The immense carcass of the Butcher lies buried in the worldshard of Nachitar, bleeding out his hateful essence into the earth and giving rise to numerous manifestations of the Gog. Though similar to the phenomenon of the Sha on Azeroth caused by the death of Y'Shaarj, the Gog do not appear nearly as numerous, nor have they manifested in as great a variety, and there are no sign of manifestations as powerful or insidious as the seven Prime Sha. Some have speculated that the Butcher was simply not as powerful as Y'Shaarj, while others have suggested the more worrying prospect that the full force of the Old God's power has yet to be unleashed.

The whole story of Nachitar and all its inhabitants can be found on WoWpedia, with the rest of the concept. Next post will be about Vegathis, the desert realm of fiery death and ashen necromancers, where the same curse that afflicts the Algol Expanse has also taken root...

________

I also had an ulterior motive for making this post:

**SHAMELESS PLUG**

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, I work for a game company called Kerberos-Productions, doing art for both video games and recently tabletop games too. We just launched a Kickstarter this week for a board game project based on the video game Sword of the Stars: The Pit. It's called THE PIT: The Board Game, and I did a ton of work on it.

Not only did I do a lot of 2D art, I also sculpted all of the miniatures in 3D and prototyped them on a 3D printer - those minis are all my work there in the pic! What's cool about this project is that not only will an awesome board game ship with a bunch of cool sci-fi miniatures, we're making the 3D print files for the minis available to backers, so people can 3D print their own.

We've still got many days left in the campaign and we've made a good start, though there's still a ways to go to make this project happen. If you've ever looked at my threads and thought 'man, I wish I could give Yak some money for all the phenomenally outstanding artwork he does', please check out this page and consider kicking in! Even 1 dollar helps, and there's a 5 dollar level that'll get you a copy of SOTS: The Pit the video game, which is also full of my work. Give Daddy Yak that money, he needs it so bad. Even spreading the word helps, so if you know anyone might be interested in this project, please let them know.

Anyway, end shameless plug! I hope everyone reading this will look forwards to my next post for Vegathis and more creature art.

Deleted
    Nachitar looks and sounds great. I really like Strata Giants(Fun fact: in my language strata means loss) and Aurelian Treants. I can't wait for Vegathis as it's my favourite of Voidlands.

Has someone ever told that your art is amazing(of course, everyone does)? Just one thing, your art is amazing.

Just one more thing. I want to thank you becouse you inspired me to start my worldbuilding project. You are great.