Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really love the idea of playable ethereals. you seem to have a gift for giving character to races and make them appealing for players. you have my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always love these!

Great atmosphere!

Deleted
    Great job, really impressed with the detail etc.

I dont think anyone at current blizzard is as competent as you so we prolly wont see what you are proposing because it requires work... which they definitely hate.

Deleted
    You going to update this, or give some info on the 1st patch?

Dude, seriously, you have a gift. I've read many fan made concepts before and yours take the cake. Been a fan since I read your Reign of Azshara concept.

Those ethereals... I've always supported ogres, vrykul, and nagas as possible playable races but never ethereals. You have changed my mind, your ethereal idea is awesome, absolutely love the mask idea.

I could see their racial ability now...

Corporal Form: The user activates their pure energy form, limiting action but granting immunity to further harm for 2 seconds. 5 min CD.

Keep up the good work and hope you update soon.

Any chance you're going to update this anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awsomehq View Post
    You going to update this, or give some info on the 1st patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Any chance you're going to update this anymore?
    I will, I will! I have the whole rest of the concept planned, I want to do more art to go along with it. I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a few weeks, and when I get back I will start working on updates to finish this concept.

If anyone is interested it what I was working on in the mean time, check out my Fan Chronicles concept thread here: Chronicle of the Titan Worlds

Deleted
    I came up with some Spell and ability Ideas for the bosses of the Siege at Darkbreach Dungeon for some time killing.

Void Knight

Void Strike: Deals large damage to the target with most threat, knocking everyone in range of the target back.

Nathrezim's Chain: Roots a player, summoning chains that need to be DPSed to unroot the player.
    If the chains are still there after 5 seconds, the rooted player is charmed and begins attacking other players.

Shadowy Slayer: Charge around the arena, in a straight line thrice, targeting a random player with each charge.
    If a player stands in the way, they take much more damage from it, but are knocked back and stunned for 3 seconds.

Painbringer: Drags the highest threat target towards him, dealing increasing damage to them. If players all go
    within range of the player being hit with this ability then the ability will end.

Rahum
    Gaze into the Abyss: Rahum opens a void Portal, players mmust look at it or Void-Walker adds will appear for every person not looking each second.

Screaming Horror: Rahum will open another Void Portal which will summon A Slow-Moving Screaming Horror that constantly casts
    Psychic Scream when players go near it.
    It can not be aggroed or damaged and will dissapear after 8 seconds.

Void Siege: Rahum opens a portal at 70%, 40% and 10% Health that summons
    2 VoidCallers the first time.
    4 Void Walkers the second time
    1 VoidWraith

VoidWalker
    Torment: Deal a small amount of damage, applying a debuff that increases damage taken from Torment for 3 seconds.

VoidCaller:
    Void Lantern: Throws one of its lanterns onto the floor, putting a small patch of fire on the floor.

Voidwraith:
    Growing Power: Deals 10% more damage with each Auto Attack it does. At 10 stacks, deal a large amount of damage to everyone within 40 yards.

Khonshu and Nightrender

Khonshu

Hunter's Mark: When Nightrender attacks a target, Khonshu fires a Shadow Arrow at the target of Hunter's Mark.
    Dealing damage over time and stacking up to 50 stacks. (Interruptable)

Kill Command: Khonshu orders Nightrender to deal a large amount of damage to the target with the most threat.

Nether Flight: Khonshu flies on Nightrender and fires arrows onto the ground from the air.

NightRender

Feeding Time: Nightrender begins charging in the directions of players for 6 seconds, if he hits anyone, he begins eating the player.
    Stunning then for 4 seconds and dealing damage each second and restoring 1% of his health each second until the player isn't stunned.

Netherwinds: Gains 120% Attack Speed and begins chasing a random player however he gets slower.

Shaalim Duskweaver

Lost Souls: Summons 10 Lost Souls strewn around the arena, killing them grants you and Shaalim a 5% Damage buff that stacks up to 10 for players.
    And 80 for Shaalim. It lasts 10 seconds for players, 1 Min for Shaalim.

Summon Phantasm: Summons a Phantasm that can not be damaged until a Soul Crystal is Destroyed.

Soul Crystals: These are Chained to Phantasms when they are summoned, they remove 5 Stacks of Lost Souls on Shaalim on death.

Grim Wraith: Summons a powerful Wraith that swings a scythe a Cone In Front of it.

Void Infusement: Gives all Her minions an Enhancement:
    -Lost Soul: They Only give stacks to Shaalim and Attack players for 5 seconds.
    -Phantasm: Casts Shadow Bolt Volleys on all Players for 8 secs.
    -Soul Crystal: Deals Shadow Damage to all around it every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
    -Wraith: Begins a Bladestorm with its Scythe that lasts for 6 seconds.

Zummanus, the Thunder of Night

Phase 1: Siege of the Highlands

Void Shard: A large Shard of Pure Void energy that explodes on impact.

Rising Doom: Spikes will Raise out of the ground at random places thrice.

Void Knights: Knights will Charge on Void Wolves in a row, damaging anyone hit by them and forcing them onto an unstoppable Void Wolf.

Phase 2: The Void Giant (Starts at 70% Health)
    Dark Wave: A Large wave of Void energy rolls over the players, if they stand behind a Void Shield. They take 90% less damage from it.

Void Shield: Void Knights will throw shields at players if they are hit, they take large damage and the shield is destroyed.
    They stay in the ground after being thrown.

CRUSH!: Jumps into the air and slams onto the floor, those who jump take no damage and are only disoriented for 2 seconds.

SMASH!: Crushes a Player with his Hammer and reduces their. Damage Done, Threat Generation or Healing Done depending on Specialization.

Rising Doom: Spikes will Raise out of the ground at random places and they explode after 8 seconds dealing shadow damage to all within 20 Yards of them.
    Last edited by mmocf7522846c2; 2017-03-07 at 10:00 AM.

No matter how I look at your Ethereals concept, I can't stop thinking about the old cartoon show Mummies Alive. Loved the show and liked your concepts a lot. Specially the WoW Purple Logo and the World Map for the new zone.

By the way, you think you could make color variations for the Ethereal Energy? I suppose they're like hair or skin color or something like that and I would love to see how they look in other colors and which colors you think would be available.

Great job man.

Vegathis sounds wonderful. I think we're long overdue for a sweeping desert zone. I picture lots of wind trails over the dunes, and little ramshackle camps hiding where they can as waypoints. Ruins kind of tipped at odd angles as they're overtaken by the dunes.

Makes me think of old Hellfire. I absolutely love and still love that zone. Just maybe more variation. I like the idea of a red miasma hanging over everything, or that kind of dull glare from a dying star with clouds stretched really thin. A really gasping-for-breath kind of vibe.

Deleted
    I don't like the Egyptian look of the Etherials

15+ Year Old Account
    I read the idea, and while I love it, I just have to ask why you put so much work into something that is literally never going to happen? Or is this just your creative release? If so, I understand.

But so many people do things like this (the bethesda forums are flooded with "NEW GAME IDEA FOR BETHESDA" etc threads and I just can't stress enough the 0% chance ANY of this has to be in an actual expansion, or any "fan idea". Ideas are created within by a team of creators and writers and game directors, no "idea" thread made on any forum has ever evolved into anything more than mere hopes and dreams.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

This is really neat, I'm a huge fan of concepts like yours. Thanks for sharing, you've got a superb imagination. Keep it up.
    "From the Shadows." -Lord Jurach Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I read the idea, and while I love it, I just have to ask why you put so much work into something that is literally never going to happen? Or is this just your creative release? If so, I understand.

But so many people do things like this (the bethesda forums are flooded with "NEW GAME IDEA FOR BETHESDA" etc threads and I just can't stress enough the 0% chance ANY of this has to be in an actual expansion, or any "fan idea". Ideas are created within by a team of creators and writers and game directors, no "idea" thread made on any forum has ever evolved into anything more than mere hopes and dreams.
    Because not everyone works for the fun police?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a fun theme.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Anything new coming this way soon, Yak?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Anything new coming this way soon, Yak?
    You know, this concept's writing is actually finished? It's all on wowpedia, all the patches and story and everything. I've just been badly dragging my heels when it comes to art. Hell, I'm already halfway through writing the next concept, Emerald Dream, and I still haven't done anywhere close to the are I want for Void. I've just been wrapped up with work and other projects.

Here's a sample of some Void stuff I've been working on:

I promise there will be some more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I read the idea, and while I love it, I just have to ask why you put so much work into something that is literally never going to happen?
    Cuz it's fun. Also, there are artists working for Blizzard right now who started doing fan art for Blizzard games they loved, so it's not like a love of fan art and fan creations is pointless. It might wind up being that little extra bit of passion that opens the door for them. You never know.

But mainly the fun.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2017-08-19 at 07:31 PM.

Awesome stuff. I didn't realise the writing stuff had been complete, I'll have to go check it out.

More eagerly looking forward to Emerald Dream stuff
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

"Vegathis - A strange and frightful desert region of blood red dunes and ancient ruins, where crumbling, eternally burning undead scheme."

I want a zone like this more than anything in WoW. I imagine a mostly blood red scheme like Blasted Lands but with a more Saharan Desert feel to it, with plenty of ethereral machinery and purple electricity strewn about. I don't know why but that kind of aesthetic really appeals to me. Also, ever since they kind of turned Uldum into a meme back in Cataclysm, I think it's time they did a proper desert zone RIGHT this time.