Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Pure's v hybrid absolutely still exists. Mages, for example,has 100% always been the top DPS class. Maybe not in your raid, or in non-top guilds, but I don't care about that, and this thread is designed around top guilds. Blizzard has had that goal of balancing classes dps within 5% for over a decade and they have never done it. So yeah, if you want to speculate and say they may finally do it great, but based on literally 10 years of experience that will not happen. Every guild I've ever been a part of, and plan on being a part of will take the class over the player, because we don't accept players that don't perform at high skill. Bringing 8 mages if they can do more than 10% more then everyone else is 100% viable and if you have the means to do it you absolutely should if you care about competitive progression. If you care about having a balanced group comp, or if you only want to have fun, that is completely okay however this thread is not directed towards those players.
    As someone who's either main'd or main alted a mage...you couldnt be more wrong. They spent an entire expansion as a food/port bot unless you could somehow convince your guild to give you two shadow priests in your group as a minimum, but three was definitely preferred. Therefor giving room for one or two healers to gain the mana battery from the shadow priest....Arcane was a good spec for sure if you met those requirements(however only with 2 pc T5) Otherwise frost was crap and fire was crap.

"pures" lost is right there. Do you guys still believe there is a hybrid tax in 2016 ?

Deleted
    To watch the kids while mommy and daddy are raiding?

Nah, but seriously... Any dps will do unless you are going for high level Mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    To watch the kids while mommy and daddy are raiding?

Nah, but seriously... Any dps will do unless you are going for high level Mythic raiding.
    Even then unless you're the top 0.1% going for world first where everybody has 3+ geared alts, people go with what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    "pures" lost is right there. Do you guys still believe there is a hybrid tax in 2016 ?
    There is unquestionably a Mage subsidy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Because you're not in a top 50 guild so it doesn't matter a flying fuck what you bring, that's why.
    1) What a bullshit! People which want to kill all bosses before 35% nerf look at this (top 2000, not 50).
    2) It is not answer on question about DK and raids.
    Last edited by qwerty1; 2016-05-13 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    OMG these threads in every exp.....You can do that with and without a Dk since personal skill level owns class performance....
    And as far as I know dk's were really good in wod raiding. Never mind I'm not a player of Method so i don't know.

Deleted
    Why bring a DK? Thats a good question, but as far i have seen in the alpha the question why bring Dps X over Y? No Dps in legion has a real utility that you really want for raiding. If you want to min/max you can only decide after Tuning which classes does the most dps. At the moment i dont see why bring a Rogue over a Monk or DH. Historical we can say Rogue was always a good DPS, but its possible that in this Addon Monk will outperform Rogue. So at the moment you can only wait or say all the Expansion Class X was better so we take this Class and not Class Y.

Looking towards how legion raiding will play out, as for mythic raiding and being capped to 20 players, why bring DK DPS? We lose grip, and provide basically zero utility outside of bres, which can be done by other classes with more utility. Our DPS will inevitably be lower than pures, so what do we have that makes us useful in mythics?
    Lol. This guy thinks he's a mythic raider. GTFO with your heroic raider mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Honestly it really depends on the guild and the mentality of the player. I have played with people that were not in cutting edge guilds but that only wanted to play top dps classes. This type of guy plays extremely well and are so competitive he/she wants the class that does best.

This is how it plays out:

top bleeding edge guilds will know what classes are at the top. Since all dps classes lost any irreplaceable utility it will all come down to dps, single target and aoe.

Highly competitive players regardless of guilds level do not want to play lousy classes, so I can understand where the OP is coming from. So who are we to judge him?

I doubt blizzard will allow classes to be so much better than others at dps that top guilds stack them. This cannot happen in a legion pve design mindset with the removal of all utility from dps classes.

lets wait and see.

I will remind to U that whole 6,1 UDK was good while FDK was extremely bad in pve. He was so bad that even heroic pugs did not wanted raid with FDK. If there was FDK and any other class even 2 ilvl less - u had 0 chances. On DK forums all agreed that it is not worth to raid him myth at all. 0 from myth guilds which i know were carrying FDK. It was believed if u still raid FDK - u bad. If u good FDK player - u always were weaker same players other classes. FDK was so weak and useless.
    Last edited by qwerty1; 2016-05-14 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Honestly it really depends on the guild and the mentality of the player. I have played with people that were not in cutting edge guilds but that only wanted to play top dps classes. This type of guy plays extremely well and are so competitive he/she wants the class that does best.

This is how it plays out:

top bleeding edge guilds will know what classes are at the top. Since all dps classes lost any irreplaceable utility it will all come down to dps, single target and aoe.

Highly competitive players regardless of guilds level do not want to play lousy classes, so I can understand where the OP is coming from. So who are we to judge him?

I doubt blizzard will allow classes to be so much better than others at dps that top guilds stack them. This cannot happen in a legion pve design mindset with the removal of all utility from dps classes.

lets wait and see.
    Blizard has a poor history of class balance. Im more concerned about investing in the artifact than dps classes losing utility. I sure would hate to invest all my time into the unholy artifact for it to be dead last by a lot. Now if it's dead last but within 5% of the top spec...then it's whatever....however I do not trust Blizzard enough to get that right still...It's more of a deal of...stop telling me and start showing me when it comes to blizzard and balance.

RuneDK im pretty sure since you have alpha you already know the answer to your question.

like someone who knows the answer but doesnt want to believe it so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    RuneDK im pretty sure since you have alpha you already know the answer to your question.

like someone who knows the answer but doesnt want to believe it so bad.
    Yes I have beta access...but I'm not sure what question you're saying I know the answer to..seeing as all tuning isn't final yet it's kind of a work in progress....We will know at the end of the beta cycle whether or not it will be worth investing into a specific spec....however it's not sometime in August right now...We're still trying to figure that out...which is why my comment of blizzard needs to stop saying they are going to balance things and fail...and start showing me they are actually going to start balancing things.

Looking towards how legion raiding will play out, as for mythic raiding and being capped to 20 players, why bring DK DPS? We lose grip, and provide basically zero utility outside of bres, which can be done by other classes with more utility. Our DPS will inevitably be lower than pures, so what do we have that makes us useful in mythics?
    Chill dude, they havent even BEGUN to balance classes yet

Quote Originally Posted by Monoliith View Post
    Chill dude, they havent even BEGUN to balance classes yet
    They have began it, the first tuning pass was the most recently new build