Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've had beta for a couple of days, and this is how I feel so far:

Most of my opinions here will be based on duels. I don't find Battlegrounds very enjoyable at all on Beta, healers are too undertuned, tanks are too overtuned. There are also no arenas available. I feel like dueling gives a better insight into how each class plays individually anyway.

So, Feral.

When I first started playing it, I didn't like it. The thing I noticed about Legion is that it requires quite a lot of playing around with different builds in order to get something you feel comfortable with, as there are actually multiple viable builds for most specs, at least when dueling anyway.

After not very long though, I found a build that I liked. It incorporates the use of Bloodtalons, a talent I liked playing outside of arena in WoD even though it wasn't great. However, I think there's potential in a Bloodtalons build inside arena. The thing that let it down PvP wise was the fact you had to hold on to procs and you can either get CC'd or purged and it's gone. It also means you'd have to waste heals when you don't need them sometimes. The thing that lends some possibility to the viability of this build is the fact you have 3 talents: Rip and Tear, Elune's Guidance and Primal Vitality (as well as BT, obviously). These 3 talents together mean that you can have an insane uptime with Bloodtalons with very little proc holding. The TF'd BT'd ferocious bite can crit around 400-500k and the amazing thing is that BT actually applies to rip and tear. The bleeds will be ticking for shit loads. So you'd open with the order: Heal with BT before duel -> Open with rake -> TF -> Rip and Tear -> Primal Vitality BT proc -> Elune's Guidance -> FB. You can also throw in the artifact ability after this for another 3 CPs and another quick BT'd FB. If you're running Incarn this is a great way to force defensives before using it as you'll be getting them down to about half HP whilst leaving massive bleeds them as well. Sweep in with Incarn and finish them off.

So yes, I am actually enjoying it. There's a lot of tuning issues, such as prot pallies one shotting people and healers getting massively outhealed by DPS, but overall the gameplay itself actually feels really nice. The resto affinity is really nice to play with, you have great kiting potential and the one second CD inbetween shifting forms is a great time to throw up a rejuve or get a swiftmend off.

The problem is obviously CC. How will this make it feel to play in arena? Impossible to know at the moment as Skirms aren't up. Will be playing them asap when they are though.

I've got a video here explaining this build. If anyone has any other builds, feel free to let me know so I can try them out. I just found this one really fun to play with, I don't know if it's the best possible build or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWDjz7IF4s
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-05-22 at 03:45 PM.