Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You must be fuming that he's still employed by the Miami Heat
    Not really, I do not really care that much about a random person I never heard of being rude.
    I'm not about to applaud him for rudeness either.
    Me pointing out that he is in fact rude and egoistical no matter what he claims does not mean I must be fuming.
    You must be surounded by amazingly thin-skinned people if you assume whenever someone comments negatively on some action they must be just short of blowing their top. xD

Deleted
    The fact that a thread like this is allowed says enough about the moderation here.

MMO-C staff, get your shit together.

Deleted
    The Canadian anthem is so disgusting, can't blame him.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    The fact that a thread like this is allowed says enough about the moderation here.

I do not see any thing about this thread as against the forum rules. It is about a principle which applies to any country and about showing or not showing respect for others. Which can be about any subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not see any thing about this thread as against the forum rules. It is about a principle which applies to any country and about showing or not showing respect for others. Which can be about any subject.
    Accept it's not that, and it's seriously messed up for anyone to think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    All anthems are, they should stop using them all together.

15+ Year Old Account

And you think Denmark is any better ?
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post

What's wrong exactly? This is a major news story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    And you think Denmark is any better ?
    In fact i do. Watching lots of hockey and have to mute every time "Oh canada" is on. It is so unbelievable bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ursa Major and Ursa Minor look similar but they are not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over it Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

15+ Year Old Account
    In fact i do. Watching lots of hockey and have to mute every time "Oh canada" is on. It is so unbelievable bad.
    Each is own, The best one I can think of is the Russian Anthem, this one is hard to beat ! and one of the worst the French national anthem !
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a matter of disrespect whether he views it as such or not.

Is the world ending? No.

But there are a lot of people who I'm sure love that anthem and the country it represents. So I fully understand why they'd be a bit miffed at him for that.

Then again a lot of people these days have no respect for anything. So it's really not that crazy sadly.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA What the actual fuck is so major about this? nobody gives a shit about some random sport star that did not like some anthem.

What kind of life are you living where this is a major news story.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    It is a matter of disrespect whether he views it as such or not.

Is the world ending? No.

But there are a lot of people who I'm sure love that anthem and the country it represents. So I fully understand why they'd be a bit miffed at him for that.

Then again a lot of people these days have no respect for anything. So it's really not that crazy sadly.
    Yes, the issue here is that he is being paid be there and to show respect to the anthem is in the rules he is expected to follow.
    Oh and that he claims he "isn't being rude nor egoistical" when he clearly is both is highly amusing to me. It exemplifies the US idea of "free speech", that is "noise free of consequences".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA What the actual fuck is so major about this? nobody gives a shit about some random sport star that did not like some anthem.

What kind of life are you living where this is a major news story.
    Basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in the world fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could be the most popular on earth and still no one would give a shit. The fact you even think this is actual news, show just where you sit on the reality spectrum.

Just stop man. Your idiotic bullshit is getting old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    One has no obligation to respect national symbolism by default.
    You know how some people are though. Everything needs to be Red, White, and Blue awesome (Red and White Awesome in this case) and those people get all bent out of shape if adhering to that isn't done the way they approve of. The same thing happened a number of years ago at both the Chicago Stadium and later the United Center when people get all angry about the cheering done during the National Anthem during Blackhawks games. The same outrage was sparked the first Bears game after 9/11 when Hawks anthem singer Jim Cornelison sang and the Chicago fans cheered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    If this was in Montreal I would have cheered Wade and any other player for it.
    Separatist bastard!
    *shakes claw angrily*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    When Canadians are "fuming" mad, do you guys say "Gosh Darnit!"?
    Increases in body heat are dangerous, as they sometimes cause our igloos to melt.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

If it's motivation for the Raptors to kick the Heats asses then great, they will need the help with Valenciunas out to injury. Otherwise, Wade broke an NBA rule and will get some minor wrist-slap for it.

This is hardly world war 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if this was done at the Football World Cup(Soccer for you brain dead people) nobody would GIVE A SHIT, and no it would not be a "major news story".
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.