Ulduar 25 hard mode question

So I'm using my alts save for doing Ulduar 25HM every week (not really, I'm slacking) on my 11 alts. And since I've started collecting those legendary items on each kill, I realized that I have over 200 of them, and I wasn't doing it from the start.

I know, mount drop chance is 1%, and 1% is 1% every time bla bla bla, but I'm kinda worried if I'm killing the boss correctly.

So my question is, how can I know that I'm killing the boss on hard mode? If I get 239ilvl gear drops from the boss, does that means that I'm doing it right?

I am pretty sad that this stupid mount doesn't drop, and this is my call for help from RNG gods to look upon me.

Kill yogg with 0 watchers, thats the only wway to get the mount to drop ;-)

The gear doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it right - the lack of any keepers in the prison room is the easiest indicator, and none of their mechanics present
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The gear doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it right - the lack of any keepers in the prison room is the easiest indicator, and none of their mechanics present
    I can see couple of keepers at the top, is that good?

If the 4 keepers (Mimiron, Freya, Hodir and Thorim) are still in around room were the Crazy cat Lady is patrolling, you're doing it right.

They also give you buffs during the fight during the Yogg Fight if you activate them (DON'T DO IT), if that's the case you're screwed because I don't think you can reverse that.

When you're clearing, you're freeing the keepers, and once that's done, you can go ask for their help in defeating Yog-Saron. If you do not talk to them, they won't help, and you're on the right path for the mount.

I know it sucks, I've tried for a long time and gave up. Just keep at it though, you're doing nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    I can see couple of keepers at the top, is that good?
    Is this using the old method of having skipped some of the keepers? I'm not sure if this affects drop chance but you should have all 4 keepers around the circle up top and none in the 'pillars' in the prison room below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    If the 4 keepers (Mimiron, Freya, Hodir and Thorim) are still in around room were the Crazy cat Lady is patrolling, you're doing it right.
    Correct.

When you "activate" them, they teleport to the floor below. Each corner there is a light-blue pillar they will sit on. If they are there, they are active.
    If not, and are standing over the room on the main floor, then they are "deactivated".
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    When you're clearing, you're freeing the keepers, and once that's done, you can go ask for their help in defeating Yog-Saron. If you do not talk to them, they won't help, and you're on the right path for the mount.

I know it sucks, I've tried for a long time and gave up. Just keep at it though, you're doing nothing wrong.
    I never talked to any of them, so I guess I'm only unlucky. Thank you ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Is this using the old method of having skipped some of the keepers? I'm not sure if this affects drop chance but you should have all 4 keepers around the circle up top and none in the 'pillars' in the prison room below.
    Yea, they are around the circle and not in the same room as me. Thank you as well.

Look at your buffs. iirc you get a 10% dmg buff per keeper.

It's also easy as pie to just re-clear Ulduar if there is any question whatsoever about whether keepers are creating a problem.

As long as all 4 watchers are standing at the top you have a chance.. I also was extremely unlucky with this mount.. To put it in perspective the amount of kills on my alts are:
    Druid - 94
    Paladin - 63
    Rogue - 48
    Priest - 51
    Total: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    As long as all 4 watchers are standing at the top you have a chance.. I also was extremely unlucky with this mount.. To put it in perspective the amount of kills on my alts are:
    Druid - 94
    Paladin - 63
    Rogue - 48
    Priest - 51
    Total: 256
    Ha, I'm not even that unlucky then, for now
    Here is the list of all my kills across the account:

druid - 52
    paladin - 23
    priest - 20
    dk - 18
    rogue - 16
    warrior - 16
    hunter - 13
    warlock - 18
    shammy - 10
    monk - 11
    mage - 1

-- other servers old chars

mage 2 - 3
    hunter 2 - 2

total 203

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Ha, I'm not even that unlucky then, for now
    Here is the list of all my kills across the account:

druid - 52
    paladin - 23
    priest - 20
    dk - 18
    rogue - 16
    warrior - 16
    hunter - 13
    warlock - 18
    shammy - 10
    monk - 11
    mage - 1

-- other servers old chars

mage 2 - 3
    hunter 2 - 2

total 203
    Yeah you're doing fine luck wise. Mine was around 260 for mim's head and over 300 for Invincible. As others have said, just leave the keepers alone after you beat them and you're golden. Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Yeah you're doing fine luck wise. Mine was around 260 for mim's head and over 300 for Invincible. As others have said, just leave the keepers alone after you beat them and you're golden. Good Luck.
    I consider myself pretty luck with the invincible mount, it took me maybe 100ish kills across several chars, and one mount from firelands dropped on my alts first kill.

But ashes took me over 300, and dragon soul is still eating my soul.

And yea, thank you!