Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranastus View Post
    I honestly have no idea.
    I'd have thought Blizzard learned their lesson years ago when they made Aimed Shot unmovable and later had to revert the change due to the hatred and bile that the hunter community spat at them.
    In Vanilla Aim Shot had a hidden cast time, you couldnt just move and let one off. There wasnt a cast bar but there was cast time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    In Vanilla Aim Shot had a hidden cast time, you couldnt just move and let one off. There wasnt a cast bar but there was cast time
    My memory might be hazy, but I believe you're thinking of Multi-shot with the hidden cast time requiring you to be stationary for the cast. Aimed Shot had a cast bar, your alternate was arcane shot without one.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    Nope, aimed has always had a cast bar visible. But what you are remembering is the way you had to weave aimed shot in with the autoshot timer because autoshot didn't happen during aimed shot and you really didn't want to clip you autoshots. And autoshot didn't have inbuild cast bar, you had to get an addon for that.

Edit: On subject: I'll probably bite the bullet and stay MM since I haven't really ever liked BM and there's no way in hell I'm going melee with my hunter. Been maining hunter since day 1 and number one reason for that was and is ranged gameplay that isn't mage. I have melee alts for my melee needs, thank you very much. Then again, in the end I'll end up playing whatever spec is best for raiding. Or should I say least bad.
    Last edited by Teos74; 2016-05-13 at 11:51 AM.

Probably BM for main and MM for offspec. I'm not at all interested in Survival. I liked Survival in MOP and early WOD.. Sadly they destroyed my favorite spec.

I hope at least BM and MM will be viable for mythics so I can switch between both instead of having to be forced to play one spec the entire expansion.

I liked the whole being a ranged turret thing. So Marksman hopefully it's viable enough by the time raids are live. Seems a lot in beta/alpha aren't happy with hunters overall so it's kind of worrying I won't switch mains I will just suck it up and play whatever is the "best". Except SV. If SV is the best then I might as well join the bandwagon and play DH lol.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I'm taking my hunter MM, but keeping my main as a MWer, yet had thoughts about trying something new. I was going between my monk (MWer), hunter (MM), DH (Havoc), and mage (Fire). May swap my mage's main specialization from Frost to Fire, because the changes don't look overall exciting, regardless of how much I like Frost in previous expansions. Who knows? Too much love for my MWer though (playing her since MoP's beta and too much time invested as well) and I'll be leveling a DH second, followed by my hunter, so no problem. Survival looks interesting from a PvP standpoint and I'm not sure how I feel about BM yet.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Switching back to mage
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I'll probably stay with mm hunter but my eyes have really been opened by dps warrior because they look pretty fucking awesome. Will try out all classes when the pre-patch comes and I'll get an idea of what too use.

Deleted
    hmmmm....probably MM for sure

beastmastery sucks in the beta, its braindead spec, no focus managment, only clueless people enjoy it XD
    Last edited by mmoc9947589dfb; 2016-05-14 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    It's alpha, not even beta. Blizz still does not know how hunter should look like. Complaining at this point does not make sense. Wait until late beta or even pre patch and then make statements.
    So, you're asking people to reserve criticism about the class until it's far too late to change anything about it?

Giving feedback is how things get fixed/changed. The earlier in the process, the better. By the time beta goes live, its too late for the kind of changes many people want to see in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    hmmmm....probably MM for sure

beastmastery sucks in the beta, its braindead spec, no focus managment, only clueless people enjoy it XD
    I haven't been able to play alpha or beta.. But I am going to main BM. I guess I'm a clueless people. =)

Arent ppl just gonna choosr the spec that can do most dps? Doeant matter if someones fav spec is clunky or boring

BM. It sounds amazingly fun with all these pets.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

MM, looks good.
    I've always liked BM but that gun can gtfo, gimme that bow for MM.

keeping my hunter (main alt) bm hate mm even moenow

Deleted
    Maining MM but planning on playing a bit of SV on the side. Never been a fan of BM personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teezep View Post
    My memory might be hazy, but I believe you're thinking of Multi-shot with the hidden cast time requiring you to be stationary for the cast. Aimed Shot had a cast bar, your alternate was arcane shot without one.
    In vanilla multishot has 0.5s cast time and aimed shot has 3s. In tbc there was still cast time for both, in WotLK they made aimed shot instant but multi still had 0.5s in cata aimed had 2.9s cast time because it was bugged it was planned to have 2.5s cast time, multishot was instant.

I will probaly go for an other class.

I think my go to spec will be to stay unsubscribed.

For real though. It's too early to tell. I still need to see some more polish on the classes before I form a solid opinion on which one of my toons to main come legion.

Seeing as they're butchering Survival so hard it's unrecognizable, I probably will just main my druid. The melee idea is ridiculous. I'm sad I will have to give up my survival hunter.