Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    Well I'm not casual but I still find MM not fun, so your definition of fun must differ greatly from mine.
    Even MM on Live isnt fun "CS dumping focus with AIS til my eyes bleed" but is the best MM on beta is even more less fun BUT is pretty solid overall (beside the buff juggling)

After spending some time on beta, probably going to change mains. Hunter just feels boring as hell to play and none of them feel comfortable to me. Survival wouldn't be so bad if the Mongoose Bite charge procs were more reliable and Lacerate was a longer duration/cooldown, but with the 110 gear you start off on the max level realm, the focus regen is so just bad. I'll be honest and say I haven't given Marksmenship much of a shot, I hated it right from the start and quickly stopped trying to use it. Beast Mastery is probably the most enjoyable for me, but it feels... bad, I really wish they would extend the duration of Beast Cleave just a couple of a seconds. (I'm bad at explaining my thoughts on these kinds of things. :P)

Personally think survival will feel great when they fix all the bugs, even with broken skills it's still enjoyable, just doesn't as much damage as it should.

Deleted
    Call me strange, but probably survival. I stopped mythic raiding a while ago and the spec feels fun. Bugs are the only problems, but I'm semi sure they'll get fixed.

Hopefully, BM with MM OS. Surv isn't the last thing on my list I'd play - it doesn't make the list at all. If I can't be useful as ranged (preferably ranged with pet), I'll be switching mains for the first time since I started playing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Going BM as always, but will use survival as an offspec instead my usual marksman offspec.

Deleted
    It's curious how all of u talk about offspecs and forget (or don't even realize) how much worse you will do without artifact weapon traits developped.
    Do you even play beta guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    After spending some time on beta, probably going to change mains. Hunter just feels boring as hell to play and none of them feel comfortable to me. Survival wouldn't be so bad if the Mongoose Bite charge procs were more reliable and Lacerate was a longer duration/cooldown, but with the 110 gear you start off on the max level realm, the focus regen is so just bad. I'll be honest and say I haven't given Marksmenship much of a shot, I hated it right from the start and quickly stopped trying to use it. Beast Mastery is probably the most enjoyable for me, but it feels... bad, I really wish they would extend the duration of Beast Cleave just a couple of a seconds. (I'm bad at explaining my thoughts on these kinds of things. :P)
    Yes beast cleave needs a serious buff. I'd say double the duration (4 sec to 8 sec) which would give us time to get some other stuff in. I found a WA to let me see when it's no longer active and that has been awesome but man having to make sure multi has the focus sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    It's curious how all of u talk about offspecs and forget (or don't even realize) how much worse you will do without artifact weapon traits developped.
    Do you even play beta guys?
    Yes I play beta and have a 110 BM hunter. With the artifact knowledge I noticed that getting an OS weapon moderately up to snuff isn't that bad. In fact yesterday I did about 5 world quests that rewarded artifact power + 1 heroic and got about 5 traits on my MM bow. Each of the world quests were offering roughly 200-400 AP and then the random heroic had a 425 AP bonus + got 3 AP items off bosses (105 each, though others were getting 131 with more research).

I'd really wanna go with BM, I like the playstyle a lot better than MM even if BM is simple..
    But.. I really don't know how it's like performancewise compared to eachother? (yes it doesnt matter for live, but just at the current state)

gonna wait to see whats best dps, seems tho bm is best, Not gonna play surv, hunter is and will allways be range, and melee sucks in pve normally

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival probably, I've been enjoying it way more than MM/BM in the PTR so far.
    It's not as bad as I expected actually.

I'll keep BM as offspec due to having a lot of exotic pets even if I highly dislike the spec in Legion. I don't care for MM so oh wells.
    Last edited by Faylinn; 2016-06-25 at 03:15 AM.

I tried them on the PTR, and I just can't put up with BM how it is right now. I was really excited about it too. I tried SV but I just didn't feel like I was a hunter anymore (plus I just died soooo easy, with no effective AoE aggro tool for my pet). Luckily I tried out a few different talent setups for MM and I actually found one that is playable if not enjoyable (plus it still has misdirection!). So I will likely be going marks in Legion, which makes me glad that they decided to let MM keep their pets after all.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-25 at 03:21 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    I have been positively surprised with all the new hunter specs, at least after the initial shock. I was prepared for something way worse after reading the hunter forums since alpha, but now that I got a beta invite the specs felt fine and different from each other.

Survival seems to be hands down the best designed spec of all the three, it has many tools and the rotation is interesting. I agree that it feels like the spec is missing a "get-away" tool, maybe disengage? This will maybe be a problem in pvp, you can get in but can't get out. Other than that I really enjoyed the spec and it feels like you are fighting with and alongside your pet and should have probably been the BM spec.

BM was initially my least favourite of the three hunter specs but it has grown on me. Super mobile, pretty easy and spammy spec. With Chimera Shot there shouldn't be any downtime during the rotation, which appears to be one of the main complaints about BM here. I agree that there aren't maybe any impactful and difficult decisions to be made concerning the rotation. Main concern is Hati's 2 minute rez time when she dies, and as with survival, mainly a pvp problem. Other than that, there's not much to be said about BM. It's kind of a cool spec, nothing special.

MM was cool, but maybe the least favourite hunter spec after playing it a while. I find that stationary Aimed Shot is a great idea, I do not understand why all the hunter specs should be completely mobile instant shot - specs. With a proc, Aimed Shot becomes instant anyway, and it feels gratifying. Personally I have usually liked specs with a lot of procs and MM is definitely the most proc-based hunter spec. Basically uit plays very flimsy-elfy and on top of that has some weird talents that do not seem to belong there, like one of my favourite new talents explosive shot.. My main concerns are that Lone Wolf is completely OP and will probably stay so (as it is in live) and so the whole talent tier is completely unnecessary and poorly designed. I was against having a whole spec without a hunter pet, especially when there doesn't seem to be any normal hunter spec with a pet anymore, but this decision is even worse. Lone wolf shouldn't be a talent, but the opposite, pet should be a talent on the same row than Dark Arrow.

As I said earlier, I strongly think BM should have been the melee spec and Survival the classic hunter+pet ranged spec. It's pretty clear there has been some confusion while designing the hunter specs, and this would have been a more logical approach for both the gameplay and the "fantasy"

Survival talents: Survivalist, Traps, Sticky Bomb, Explosive Shot, Bursting Shot - the classic hunter+pet ranged spec with a engineery touch.
    MM talents: Chimera Shot and Scatter Shot. should have stayed a stationary lone wolf spec with procs to have instant shots.
    BM talents: Flanking Strike, Raptor Strike, Kill Command etc. - the easy and spammy melee/semi-ranged spec with several pets assisting (see Rexxar in HotS) This way it would have been a win-win for everyone without these weird colliding talents and half the hunter population completely lost with which of the spec retains the original hunter feel (none atm).

I see where Blizzard is heading with the hunter specs but it seems to me they got sidetracked and didn't quite think it through. They could have done better, but I welcome the changes. Personally I will probably stay BM, but may change my mind if there are yet changes to come.
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2016-06-28 at 08:45 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ill go BM. Have been playing it forever, even when it wasnt the prefered spec. I cleared all raids before the next tier was out so I dont see why I cant in legion either.

I am holding out hope that Blizz will 'fix' MM and BM to make them fun (yeah I know good luck with that) otherwise I may go back to Mage (which I dropped in MoP to go Hunter as my raiding guild didn't have one at the time). I have loved playing my Hunter for the last couple of expansions, but Legion seems destined to change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess half this hunter community forgot about the dead zone melee of vanilla through wrath, cause I sure as hell didn't.... the whole idea of a melee hunter seems fun in theory(it sort of reminds me of unholy dks) so at least one of my hunters will go survival, using the pre patch to get used to the spec and rotation...
    but since I'm not a mythic raider, I'll play whichever spec I enjoy, or switch classes altogether
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to main my enhance shaman (I'll still level it as I need herbs and flasks/pots) but I actually like survival hunter more tbh and I'm currently leveling a goblin hunter in preparation for the pre-patch. With mech pets and engineering, I can act like I'm a tinker/engineering class.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Is there any indication as to what is pulling the best numbers at the moment? I know its all subject to change, but I'm sure it will affect what people go for with their choice of spec/artifact leveling to start with in Legion.

Deleted
    hoping MM will be best of bm and mm. might be weird as a hunter but i hate having pets. pets and also having a gun kills the spec in enjoyment for me. i do love bows and the quiver is nice.