THE BEST IN THE SERIES Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

I've had the chance to play through the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End single player campaign. It’s long and action packed and has the most emotional weight of any game in the series so far, all good things for fans and newcomers alike.

There are large scale set pieces, flashbacks, new and returning characters, fairly expected twists and turns and plenty of self-aware humour. It’s Uncharted, and it’s a heck of a great way to end the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pre ordered it yesterday. Time to dust off my PS4 I guess.

Didn't like Uncharted 3 as much as I did 2. Has it improved?

Deleted
    Can't wait to dive into it tomorrow. If it's anything like the other games I know I'll enjoy it. Won't affect my outlook on life or anything, it's no Undertale, but I'll damn well complete it and get a kick out of it. I think that's what Uncharted has always done so well.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Can't wait to dive into it tomorrow. If it's anything like the other games I know I'll enjoy it. Won't affect my outlook on life or anything, it's no Undertale, but I'll damn well complete it and get a kick out of it. I think that's what Uncharted has always done so well.
    You're right, it will be nothing like undertale. It will have an amazing story crafted that's not nonsensical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're right, it will be nothing like undertale. It will have an amazing story crafted that's not nonsensical.
    "Tech614 angers the whole Internet. It's super effective!"

:P

Not sure I agree, but fair enough. xD

/unpopular opinion I think Undertale and its story are highly overrated

/hides inside a panic room with several years worth of supplies.. should last long enough for outrage to die down.

seriously though I'm currently panicking because while my amazon preorder is showing delivery tomorrow... its been "preparing for shipment" for the last few days but haven't actualy shipped yet :/

uncharted series are some of my all time favorite games that are not rpg and /another unpopular opinion I actualy like 3 as much if not more than 2. (though despite its clunkiness and datedness, Drake's fortune is still my fave, the same way ME1 is my favorite of mass effects - mostly due to being the game that first introduced me to my latest obsession.)

anyways, uncharted games are summer blockbusters. and as such - they certainly work better for me than most actualy movie summer blockbusters released in the last decade

If you have an amazon distribution center within 4 hours of you they could literally not ship it until midnight and it would still get to you tomorrow.

In fact my games usually never ship from them until Monday nights, always come on tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you have an amazon distribution center within 4 hours of you they could literally not ship it until midnight and it would still get to you tomorrow.

In fact my games usually never ship from them until Monday nights, always come on tuesday.
    ok. that makes me feel better. we do have a distribution center within 4 hours. I just really want to start playing it tomorrow :P ideal, it would come before our matinee movie theater date so that I could start downloading day one patch, enjoy Civil war and come how to game ready to be played :P but... just any time tomorrow would still be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Guess I feel like the only one that isnt hyped / just downright not interested at all which I main a PS4 for gaming... if I ever get around to doing so probably worth a rent than the $60 (even if its discounted $20 its still a no). Simply put if I dont see myself getting hundreds of hours out of it then its a pass for me
    multiplayer? I hear it has a good one (unlikely that I will play it myself, but that's just me)

normally I tend to think in a very similar way to you, but there are games that are exception to the rule, becasue I just cannot wait to play them and no, let's plays on youtube are just not the same.

that and certain games just never seem to drop in price no matter how long I wait :/ (Journey :/ ok, so it was $15, but its also a very short game, so...)

Well the first problem would be you're paying $60 for games when they're $48 with best buy GCU or Amazon Prime.

/shrug I pay usually $12 a ticket to see a new movie for 2 hours worth of entertainment. Paying $48 for 15 hours of entertainment seems like a bargain to me.

Not sure what games you expect to get 100+ hours out of on a single play through. That is pretty much limited to a few JRPGs, and western RPGs most of which have boring fetch quests padding the time. Persona series and Witcher 3 seem to be the exceptions to that rule.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-09 at 08:44 PM.

Best Buy GCU pays for itself within 2 game purchases and lasts 2 years.

Amazon Prime pays for itself if you use it to replace netflix as well as take advantage of the 2 day shipping.

Saying you need to buy games frequently is laughable, if you buy 2 games in a 2 year span GCU literally pays for itself.

Doesn't sound like you're into games tbh. You're just making excuses at this point.

If you take more then 3 days to beat it on a rental(which I think most normal people would for a 17 hour campaign based off impressions) you're already paying more then it would cost to buy the game with GCU and trade it back in. $8 vs $9.

You can spend your money however you wish, don't try to shoot the messenger telling you better ways to.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-09 at 08:56 PM.

fair enough. I don't have ps plus either, but I tend to buy single player games for the most part (or at least single player capable like Division). but on that same note, Uncharted franchise was pretty much THE reason why we even have ps4, otherwise I tend to play on PC.

there should be a game that might work for you.. assuming it comes out this year. Horizon Zero Dawn. (and the oft suggested Witcher 3, with a side helping of DAI etc - maybe Bloodborne and dark Souls?) aside from that, there are always holiday discounts and such?

For me if a single player mode gives me 30+ hours of gameplay, assuming the game is good to begin with, its worth the high pricetag. MGS:TPP gave me almost 60. GTA V gave me about 35, same as Dying Light. The Uncharted games look sick, sucks for me that it's not on PC.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements