Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    And if she refused? What if she is content with how she looks?
    Then I would tell her thats a problem for me, and if she doesnt address it it will lead to issues in our marriage. I did not marry a fat lady, I am not attracted to fat people, they disgust me. Im not a stick thin lover either, Im not expecting Olympic gymnast levels of fitness.

Honestly it would probably result in infidelity on my part if it wasn't corrected.

Barring uncontrollable health issues (which would be a different discussion) Its not going to happen, so on my end that topic is quite moot.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I read these pitiful blogs, all I really want to do is follow that person around and monitor their workouts and diet. I can imagine I'd find her flaws very quickly. Excess fast carbs paired with saturated fats. Not drinking enough water. Eating right before goin to bed. These are all common traits with obese people, but they don't see it as a problem because they've continued these habits for so long.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Again, even if we go with what you're saying here, you're still suggesting that somehow the size of the ring (and thus the salary of the guy) is somehow indicative of the quality of the relationship. Which is strange, at best.
    The reason I am steering the topic in that direction, is because of the Article. She makes it sound like she missed the train on the whole "These are the best days of your life! Stay in shape and you will find a great person and fall in love and have kids and blah blah blah. The reason I am bringing up the marriage thing, is that those who worried less about the superficial non-sense that TV and magazines shove down women's throats is not what I see in reality. Those who are anything but what TV and magazines say they should be, seem to be the ones who are married with a beautiful ring on their hand. While women who fit the TV/Magazine description, at the same age, have bare hands.

Basically, the point is, don't worry about what people tell you that you should be. Just be you, and it will work out just fine.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    It's not that goddamn hard to stay in shape.
    Just eat a little less, and move a bit more.
    Yes but staying in shape and losing a significant amount of weight are two different things, our bodies prefer homeostasis.

Bear in mind that pretty much 0% of the people who use the word "cuck" even know what the hell they're saying. It's just another silly meme at this point.
    The vernacular of cuck is different than the dictionary version. Yes I get that its a guy who's wife is banging other men. Thats been extended to basically mean a man who lets women walk over him.

I take vernacular over dictionary every day, as it reflects the actual usage of the word.

I like to think I make ok money for where I am in life. If I went the 3 month route, I would have 8k to spend on a diamond. When you look at prices of a complete ring, 8k doesn't really get you anything all that extravagant. It will barely cover 1 karat of high quality.

Here is a size comparison of diamond sizes.

The concept of spending a down payment for a home on a worthless rock boggles my mind.

Emeralds for me please = )
    I never liked gemstones and I don't wear jewelry, think it's silly. Should probably turn in my girl card.

Trip to S. America plz? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The concept of spending a down payment for a home on a worthless rock boggles my mind.
    Same. Trust me not all women care for these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I would tell her thats a problem for me, and if she doesnt address it it will lead to issues in our marriage. I did not marry a fat lady, I am not attracted to fat people, they disgust me. Im not a stick thin lover either, Im not expecting Olympic gymnast levels of fitness.

Honestly it would probably result in infidelity on my part if it wasn't corrected.

Barring uncontrollable health issues (which would be a different discussion) Its not going to happen, so on my end that topic is quite moot.
    Interesting. I'm curious how well that will work out. Starting with the conversation if it were to occur. Very touchy subject, that I hope you are empathetic enough to handle. And ending with the idea that you would consider cheating on her because she is no longer attractive to you. That conversation would also be very interesting.

I'm not mocking you, I'm genuinely interested in seeing how that would pan out. My g/f could use to do some sit ups. And I know for a fact that if I brought it up, it would only depress her, and make things worse. I have no idea how to do that without it getting ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but then we're back to me wondering why you thought it was important enough to point out that the "big girls" have "big diamonds" and the "skinny bitches" have "small diamonds" as if it spoke to something meaningful.
    What it means is that living the Cosmo Dream doesn't guarantee you what you want in life. Living as a fat woman, can land you in a marriage with a successful man, it doesn't require you to watch your weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vernacular of cuck is different than the dictionary version. Yes I get that its a guy who's wife is banging other men. Thats been extended to basically mean a man who lets women walk over him.

I take vernacular over dictionary every day, as it reflects the actual usage of the word.
    Even taking that into account, calling every guy that who doesn't insist on their spouse staying in shape is silly. Some guys, and my Dad is one of them, just value the love and marriage first / or still think their spouse is pretty. There is obvously still concern over the weight, but thats not a dealbreaker

Its just a different marriage priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I can understand how, at a certain point, a sense of defeatism or profound anxiety can function as a strong demotivational factor that can a freeze a person. Much the same with people who have mounting debt and feel powerless to escape the cycle - they stop trying, frozen in inaction, out of a fear of facing the growing problem(s). I don't think a person can or should be mocked into addressing their problems, though - it isn't helpful, it doesn't motivate them to get the assistance they need, and it further accentuates their sense of helplessness and anxiety feeding into their inaction.

If you're healthy but not quite the general *ideal* of beauty, there is nothing wrong with you or your body - and despite not having the qualities we generally glamorize as beautiful there will still be those who find you quite attractive (and for whom the general ideals of beauty aren't wholly applicable anyway). If you're not healthy, or your weight is problematic, then you should work to correct it by changing your diet and exercise gradually and according to guidelines set by qualified persons. I think people taking steps to remedy their problematic weight should be congratulated for it, same with people who've quit smoking or broken any other kind of addiction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'd rather someone not hate themselves, but that isn't going to prevent diabetes, strokes, sore joints, etc...

With how fat some of these people are, if they just ate 5 burgers a day instead of 6 they'd at least drop a few pounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I never liked gemstones and I don't wear jewelry, think it's silly. Should probably turn in my girl card.

Trip to S. America plz? :P
    You and my g/f would see eye to eye on that. I can't buy her jewelry, she doesn't wear it. She only wears plastic or wooden jewelry because it is cheap, and if she loses it, she won't care much.

Matter of fact, anything feminine I buy her, sits in her closet and never gets worn. She is a jeans and tee shirt girl, no jewelry, at the smallest amount of make up.

your body should reflect what you find enjoyable and attractive.

if you wanna be fat, have at it. i personally would like to be attractive-chubby, but i don't feel like putting in the work to maintain that body, so i'd rather be thin.

just do what you feel like.

10+ Year Old Account

I personally find the term Cuck incredibly offensive in both the definition and usage of the word. I would hate to be called that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    just do what you feel like.
    And that is the moral of the story. Just do you. Don't worry about what others think. With 7 billion people in the world, it is hard not to find someone to love, who will love you back just the same.

Interesting. I'm curious how well that will work out. Starting with the conversation if it were to occur. Very touchy subject, that I hope you are empathetic enough to handle. And ending with the idea that you would consider cheating on her because she is no longer attractive to you. That conversation would also be very interesting.

I'm not mocking you, I'm genuinely interested in seeing how that would pan out. My g/f could use to do some sit ups. And I know for a fact that if I brought it up, it would only depress her, and make things worse. I have no idea how to do that without it getting ugly.
    The topic has already been brought up, She got done being pregnant, and she didnt work hard to get in shape, she started to question when we would be Having sex, I said plainly "when you start getting back in shape" I cant have sex with a person I am not attracted to physically. Shit I had the talk about cheating too, Its our jobs to remain attractive to our spouses, baring health issues that prevent it. It will never happen, my wife likes to be in shape as do I, but the talks have been had. Honesty and understanding what your mate expects are key in a healthy relationship.

Its never a wholy comfortable topic to bring up, but ignoring it is WAY worse. Wake up one day and your mate is a whole other person that you are not attracted to. Maybe it would have never gotten there if some talks were had early on.

Strong partnerships require open dialogue, transparency of desire so we can work together to fulfill each others needs.

I personally find the term Cuck incredibly offensive in both the definition and usage of the word. I would hate to be called that.
    In the context its currently used you SHOULD hate to be called that, its an insult to a man.

10+ Year Old Account
    The topic has already been brought up, She got done being pregnant, and she didnt work hard to get in shape, she started to question when we would be Having sex, I said plainly "when you start getting back in shape" I cant have sex with a person I am not attracted to physically. Shit I had the talk about cheating too, Its our jobs to remain attractive to our spouses, baring health issues that prevent it. It will never happen, my wife likes to be in shape as do I, but the talks have been had. Honesty and understanding what your mate expects are key in a healthy relationship.

Its never a wholy comfortable topic to bring up, but ignoring it is WAY worse. Wake up one day and your mate is a whole other person that you are not attracted to. Maybe it would have never gotten there if some talks were had early on.

Strong partnerships require open dialogue, transparency of desire so we can work together to fulfill each others needs.
    I applaud you. Well done man.

"Its our jobs to remain attractive to our spouses"

I also find this to be VERY important.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Even taking that into account, calling every guy that who doesn't insist on their spouse staying in shape is silly. Some guys, and my Dad is one of them, just value the love and marriage first / or still think their spouse is pretty. There is obvously still concern over the weight, but thats not a dealbreaker

Its just a different marriage priority.
    If its something they desire and are forced to eat crow because the woman will not give her mate what he would like or even attempt, I would say thats a cuck, a man who just lets his wife do what ever regardless of his wants, wishes and desires is IMO, in the vernacular a cuck.

I mean if you like chubbies then yeh thats cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the context its currently used you SHOULD hate to be called that, its an insult to a man.
    Damn right it is. I never knew what it was until about a year ago while browsing....certain sites. When I saw it, I thought to myself...I would cut his dick off...