Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bride cancels wedding. Invites 60 needy kids to reception instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reception.html

Glowing in her white gown, her hair braided in a classic updo, Yiru Sun was the picture perfect bride as she looked out at her 60 guests on Saturday.
    But Yiru wasn't getting married, and she didn't know a single one of them.
    The Princeton graduate and Corporate Vice President at New York Life Insurance had canceled her wedding two months ago after she refused to sign the proposed prenuptial agreement.
    But instead of canceling the reception - which she put down a nonrefundable $8,000 deposit for - at the luxurious Harold Pratt House in the Upper East Side, Yiru decided she would find a group of children and families in need to attend instead.
    This girl has a pretty impressive record. And she's only 35. She's definitely a hustler.

- Ph.D Princeton University (2008), major in Electrical Engineering, minor in Operational Research & Financial Engineering
    - Published 14 papers in top-tier international scientific journals
    - VP of New York Life Insurance handling over $550 billion dollars in assets
    - Author of three novels
    - Has released two albums of piano solos
    - Part time fashion designer for Calvin Klein
    - Holds 6 U.S. patents
    - Gave 8 presentations in international scientific conferences
    - Freelances photography for own photography business
    - Pokemon World VG tournament 3rd place finish 2010
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-05-09 at 05:30 PM.

I wonder what was in that prenup.

Deleted
    Impressive record, and yes one has to wonder what that prenup was

A Pokemon master!

10+ Year Old Account
    She's cute :3

Good for her, sounds like something I would do (in regards to the reception).

In regards to the prenup...why wouldn't she sign it? Should protect both parties if properly written. Not sure what her rationale was for cancelling the wedding, if it was truly due to the prenup then did she love the guy in the first place? Was he being a douchebag about it?

Seems weird to move forward a relationship to that point only to pull out due to a prenup disagreement at the last second.

Sounds like her potential husband dodged a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Good for her, sounds like something I would do (in regards to the reception).

In regards to the prenup...why wouldn't she sign it? Should protect both parties if properly written. Not sure what her rationale was for cancelling the wedding, if it was truly due to the prenup then did she love the guy in the first place? Was he being a douchebag about it?

Seems weird to move forward a relationship to that point only to pull out due to a prenup disagreement at the last second.
    Well based on her impressive resume, its likely she has a lot of assets to protect and was not comfortable with the prenup. I don't know why they couldn't hash things out and come to a fair agreement if they truly wanted to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    A Pokemon master!
    stop stereotyping minorities

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Stop not reading

Why are you making the assumption based on her race that Jinxz was stereotyping? Couldn't it possibly have to do with:

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    - Pokemon World VG tournament 3rd place finish 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why are you making the assumption based on her race that Jinxz was stereotyping? Couldn't it possibly have to do with:

What a ridiculous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well based on her impressive resume, its likely she has a lot of assets to protect and was not comfortable with the prenup. I don't know why they couldn't hash things out and come to a fair agreement if they truly wanted to get married.

But that's what a prenup is for, to protect her assets because they are generally up for grabs without. Which leads me to wonder if either the husband was trying for a prenup to get rich, or has more assets than her.

- - - Updated - - -

What a ridiculous post.

Actually your post is the ridiculous one.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    She's cute :3
    Just. Ew. Would not bang, even if she's rich.

What a ridiculous post.
    The only thing ridiculous is your inability to read.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-05-09 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    But that's what a prenup is for, to protect her assets because they are generally up for grabs without. Which leads me to wonder if either the husband was trying for a prenup to get rich, or has more assets than her.
    Yeah I was thinking the husband was asking for more in the case of a divorce.

wow what an impressive woman...

Prenup can cover a whole range of things, and not just financial. When my cousin married into an orthodox jew family, her father-in-law wanted a prenup stating that the children will be raised in the jewish faith. My aunt, a devout Catholic, threw a major fit. Finally the groom put his feet down and ripped up the prenup documents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would she refuse to sign the prenup?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why would she refuse to sign the prenup?
    Some people just don't believe in them. I understand we have many people on this forum who believe that people are just getting married for money these days, but not everyone is focused on their bank accounts when it comes to marriage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Some people just don't believe in them. I understand we have many people on this forum who believe that people are just getting married for money these days, but not everyone is focused on their bank accounts when it comes to marriage.
    A prenup is not an indicator of someone focusing on their personal wealth when they get married. It's them focusing on their personal wealth should they get divorced. It's the pragmatic thing to do, you know, when pragmatism has already been thrown out the window by the whole getting married bit.