Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

OverWatch is it worth the 60 bucks

Ok this is my honest opinion for OverWatch.

First off I would like to say that I like playing shooters with a Campaign and without it I get bored very fast.

I played the Beta for a few days and it was pretty fun. Mostly played Vs AI. The characters felt very unique from one another and i actually liked. And it hurts that this game is just focus on PVP Aka Esports. Why couldnt Blizzard add a 4-5 hour campaign for each Hero? I would never know.. so the question is, is this game worth the 60 dollar price tag for us console players? The answer is No sadly For NOW. Maybe they will add Chapters with mini stories that we can play through but this will be a pass for me.

Do you guys play shooters for the story or for PVP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even tho having campaign would have been nice, I came to Overwatch mostly for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Even tho having campaign would have been nice, I came to Overwatch mostly for PvP.
    Yea i know a lot of people are. its just so hard for me to play a game that only has PVP

Idk, I've stopped looking at games as goods/$$$ when I've started getting my own money. Nowadays I just decide whether I want to support a developer or not.

On question of PvE vs PvE shooters, I like both of them. I enjoy story-rich stuff like ME, for example. But also like to play strictly PvP stuff, been playing it since Q2 from time to time. If you don't like story-less shooters, it's fine. Not every game is suited for everyone.

Uh, isn't it $40 for the regular edition? Or is that only for PC? And a 4-5 hour campaign for each character is 90 hours of campaign, that's way longer than pretty much every game being developed right now by anyone that isn't making grindy JRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Yea i know a lot of people are. its just so hard for me to play a game that only has PVP
    Then its probably not worth the $60 to you.

Deleted
    I never even played the campaign in any battlefield game and rarely in call of duty games, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Uh, isn't it $40 for the regular edition? Or is that only for PC? And a 4-5 hour campaign for each character is 90 hours of campaign, that's way longer than pretty much every game being developed right now by anyone that isn't making grindy JRPGs.
    Its $52 if you live in Canada for the regular version and $79 for origins ><

apart from the mass disconnections , yeh id say its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Only for PC, consoles are forced into getting the Origins Edition.

And there's no campaign, although I'm assuming you meant that even for that short of a campaign adds up, just adding this as an additional clarification in case.

That being said, I think it's worth the $60, but then again, I spent $140 or whatever to get the physical CE, so maybe I'm a bit bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    apart from the mass disconnections , yeh id say its worth it
    thats... something I haven't experienced, except on stress test weekend.

Open beta has been surprisingly stable for me

Regular edition is 40 not 60 and i think its worth the money for sure.

It's 45 USD on G2A for the Origins edition. https://www.g2a.com/overwatch-origin...er-global.html
    Last edited by psn1993; 2016-05-09 at 08:03 PM.

A.) If you enjoy playing it and would enjoy to continue to play it more, and have the money to spare, it's worth it. B) If that's not the case, then it isn't.

What's the point of creating a post informing us of your entirely subjective decision as to whether you fall into (A) or (B)? Do you think anyone cares?

P.S. AI gets boring fast, and in the US its $40.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to pay $60 for the game then I'd just wait for the price to drop (which it will). Luckily it's only $40 and I can justify a purchase at that price. Paying $60 for a PvP game just seems silly. I know they're holding back content from the beta, but is that content going to bring a whole new element to the game? It's fun don't get me wrong, but it's not fun in the sense that I could play it everyday for hours on end. Even now, playing more than an hour is exhausting.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Do you enjoy repetitive PvP-heavily focused shooter games?
    If yes, then it is worth it.
    If no, then it isn't worth it.

If you're into pvp then it has just as much if not more content than star wars battlefront, not to mention the PC version is $40. As for 4-5 hour campaign for character that's probably significantly more campaign than all this generations shooters combined. If anything it could have 1 mission per hero that required/trained proficiency of that heroes skills.

Ok this is my honest opinion for OverWatch.

First off I would like to say that I like playing shooters with a Campaign and without it I get bored very fast.

I played the Beta for a few days and it was pretty fun. Mostly played Vs AI. The characters felt very unique from one another and i actually liked. And it hurts that this game is just focus on PVP Aka Esports. Why couldnt Blizzard add a 4-5 hour campaign for each Hero? I would never know.. so the question is, is this game worth the 60 dollar price tag for us console players? The answer is No sadly For NOW. Maybe they will add Chapters with mini stories that we can play through but this will be a pass for me.

Do you guys play shooters for the story or for PVP?

Most people play shooters for PvP by far. I wouldn't really want any campaign mode. I actually like that it's E-sports focused. It's fun and competitive. However, I would not say that the game is worth $60. If you're legitimately into the E-sports stuff, and for whatever reason would outright deny other mainstream FPS games like Battlefield 1, then this game would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure tbh, it seemed more like a F2P title to me. It's nice, but it's not like it's stuffed with content. If it had a campaign I'd feel I'd be getting a lot more for my money tbh.

Love it. The maps are much more open than some games I've played, and the class synergy is great. My lower end graphics card struggles some times, but that's just because I haven't been able to keep my system caught up for a few years. Blizzard did PvP right with this one.

But I don't really see a campaign working well with this, because some characters aren't really built to be stand alone, but to work well with others. In WoW terms, some characters would be like trying to do a combat campaign with a Vanilla Holy Priest and expecting the same quality game play as a pure DPS.