Deleted

Legendary transmogs for artifacts

So i was thinking today as I was browsing the new artifact appearances. Most of these models are significantly flashier and unique than legendary weapons were, so why would we still be restricted on transmogging them? Most of the old legendary models are outdated and dont stand up to new designs, theyre fairly easy to aquire for the most part and many of the new models are homages to them anyway. What demon hunter wouldnt want the warglaives? I have shadowmourne on my DK that Id really like to get some use out of outside of TW dungeons.

We're going into an expansion all about doing content for your artifact, so why don't they give us the opportunity to go back to older content and work for another artifact appearance? We could even limit it to just the artifact being moggable to the legendary too.

I really CBA seeing 90% of rogues, warriors, paladins, monks and all other sword classes walking around with thunderfury and glaives, let them stay in TW for the attention whores.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    I really CBA seeing 90% of rogues, warriors, paladins, monks and all other sword classes walking around with thunderfury and glaives, let them stay in TW for the attention whores.
    But every ret using ashbringer is ok? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    But every ret using ashbringer is ok? lol...
    Atleast it will be different kinds if ashbringers and not 100% the same, oh and its only for ret paladins while thunderfury is for 5+ classes.

let them stay in TW for the attention whores.
    not sure you know how TW works, using a legendary isn't attention whoring it's the best dps weapon, or is being efficient/maximising dps attention whoring?

Atleast it will be different kinds if ashbringers and not 100% the same, oh and its only for ret paladins while thunderfury is for 5+ classes.
    And yet they purposefully went back and added Monks and Death Knights to the classes that could wield the Glaives and released a far superior version of the Hand of Ragnaros through Firelands. I don't get that. I think Blizzard is pretty inconsistent in their reasoning. Is Thunderfury so special that we can't let anyone mog a legendary or is it become so because they won't let us.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a while they would use something else. When transmog came out every shield user was using the Bulwark of Azzinoth but over time people changed their mogs.

I agree with this completely - artifacts seem to be made specifically to be "better" than legendary weapons, so I don't see the harm in mogging back to them.

The problem has always been that too many players would do it, but every character is going to be using the same weapons now anyway, there's no harm in adding more models to the transmog pool.

The other cited Blizz problem was that it would remove their "legendary" status, but that's long gone as it is. The last legendary weapon as I recall were the daggers, and even they're not at all epic in my mind now that anyone can go back and get them easily. Seeing the legendaries again would be nice outside of TW dungeons.