Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    You can kill with a spoon if you hit hard enough. That doesn't mean it's as dangerous as a crowbar. You can't just ignore mass, and even shape.
    Sure, but shouldn't the actual injuries be the deciding factor when determining the severity of the assault and not the weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah it's assault. But it's also just some kids fighting. Have some parents break it up, everyone goes home, gets a good night sleep, and is right as rain in the morning.
    Nah kids need to be taught a lesson, if that means criminal charges so the rest don't get into it then so be it.

Kids literally beat each other into traumatic brain injury today... So common to see "fight" videos that end up with a one kid laying on the ground with decerebrate/decorticate posturing because they literally got stomped into brain damage.

Its absolutely assault, I would say assault with a deadly weapon or at the very least aggravated assault.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-10 at 02:02 AM.

I would say, yes, it's misdemeanor assault, of the least severe form, but it is and should be assault.