Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Islamist kills one in Munich, more injured

http://news.sky.com/story/1693307/ma...on-attack-dies

A man who was critically injured after a stabbing at a railway station near Munich has died in hospital, German police have said.

Three other commuters were also wounded in Grafing by a man who was reportedly shouting "allahu akbar" during the attack.

"The assailant made remarks at the scene of the crime that indicate a political motivation - apparently an Islamist motive. We are still determining what the exact remarks were," a spokesman for the investigation said.

It is believed the 27-year-old suspect, who was arrested at the scene, had used a knife with a 10cm blade.

The man apprehended is a German national who was not known to the police and did not live in the region.

Prosecutors have said the alleged attacker is "not very co-operative".

Sky's Mark Stone reports that investigators have not confirmed whether it was a terror attack at this stage.

It is believed all of those injured in the stabbing, which occurred shortly before 5am (4am UK time), were men.

Initial reports from a Bavarian radio station had suggested that four people were left with life-threatening injuries.
    The guy was yelling "Allahu Akbar" while trying to kill as many people as he can, but the German police say he was "uncooperative". Talk about controlling the message.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://news.sky.com/story/1693307/ma...on-attack-dies
    The guy was yelling "Allahu Akbar" while trying to kill as many people as he can, but the German police say he was "uncooperative". Talk about controlling the message.
    Must resist urge to post 'religion of peace' -
    Also if a guy shouted Heil hitler has he cut down some people, would he also be similarly 'uncooperative' ? - Or would they just say Neo Nazi everywhere?

15+ Year Old Account
    There is too few reliable informations available at the moment. The only thing that is known is that he went on a stabbing rampage who apparently yelled something. There is an information blockade in effect at the moment.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Must resist urge to post 'religion of peace' -
    Also if a guy shouted Heil hitler has he cut down some people, would he also be similarly 'uncooperative' ? - Or would they just say Neo Nazi everywhere?
    I'm sure the police aren't classifying the attacker's motives, but rather are merely saying that he's not talking about the crime in custody.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    There is too few reliable informations available at the moment. The only thing that is known is that he went on a stabbing rampage who apparently yelled something. There is an information blockade in effect at the moment.
    Dutch media all report he yelled "Allah Akbar"

German media will try to downplay this though. As with all islamic-related incidents of late. Because "Wir Schaffen das"...

See news can report the nationality if they want...

Cant be that hard to add it in every other case

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

German media will try to downplay this though. As with all islamic-related incidents of late. Because "Wir Schaffen das"...
    The information is sketchy and the reason our media reports him saying that, is because they like to fuel the fire here and all news sites parrot the same source. So that's not really reliable in any way.

Besides, even if he did say that, you can't be sure of his motives until further investigation is conducted. If I wanted to hurt people and get my 15 minutes of fame, I would also yell 'Allah Akbar' or 'Sieg Heil' while trying to kill people, because that's what gets you on the news. Not because I believe in either of those two.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    See news can report the nationality if they want...

Cant be that hard to add it in every other case
    Do you mean exactly as they do? because they actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The information is sketchy and the reason our media reports him saying that, is because they like to fuel the fire here and all news sites parrot the same source. So that's not really reliable in any way.

Besides, even if he did say that, you can't be sure of his motives until further investigation is conducted. If I wanted to hurt people and get my 15 minutes of fame, I would also yell 'Allah Akbar' or 'Sieg Heil' while trying to kill people, because that's what gets you on the news. Not because I believe in either of those two.
    Yeah that's why, he wanted to be on the news. Don't you worry, mama merkel will cover it up.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that would work in a perfect world where this shit doesn´t happen every second week. But, guess what? it does happen every second week now.

You can perfectly be sure of his motives; he is retarded and brainwashed by, either a third source or even himself, because those monkeys are stupid enough to brainwash themselves.

Muslim? well, it happens to be, so it must b reported as such, just as we report it when some national commits a crime. Why should muslims religion/culture be covered?

Deleted
    Enrichment intensifies.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-10 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Do you mean exactly as they do? because they actually do.
    Not in every case where they know the nationality. Many times they decide to leave it out for PC reasons. When its someone with german nationality its often in the headline or in the first sentence, its quite funny . (german media atleast, dont know about otherz)

Deleted
    Rofl, what? You can't be serious. Media in Sweden is reporting him yelling that, too. So is this page: http://www.thelocal.de/20160510/four...-attack-munich

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know. I have always maintained the stance that in the information age something like religion and zealotry can be imported through other means than letting people having certain beliefs physically in. In fact we did have a lively Islamist/salafist scene long before this crisis maintained by radical Islamist Germans like Pierre Vogel and Sven Lau.

With the information blockade in place we don't know a whole lot about the person who did it. If it was a Germany-born national then blaming it all on the people we let in might not be fair, and even if it was someone with migration background then it's more or less a result of decade-long failed integration policies. But as I said: We do not know a lot about him yet. I'd rather wait until we have the full picture. There are a few outlets in Germany who are not quite as willing to play it down like FOCUS. People are too quick again with finding the culprit and finding the adequate means to prevent it ("everyone should be permitted to carry a loaded gun" - yes, seriously I read that today in a comment section).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    We aren't completely free of this cover-upbehaviour here in the Netherlands either.

There is a popular TV show that helps the police identify suspects based on descriptions and they had been told not to say it out loud anymore if they looked North-African, because people from that region already suffered from a certain stigma...

We aren't completely free of this cover-upbehaviour here in the Netherlands either.

There is a popular TV show that helps the police identify suspects based on descriptions and they had been told not to say it out loud anymore if they looked North-African, because people from that region already suffered from a certain stigma...
    It's all over the press. What are you talking about?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Rofl, what? You can't be serious. Media in Sweden is reporting him yelling that, too. So is this page: http://www.thelocal.de/20160510/four...-attack-munich
    There are conflicting reports on it. Some witnesses say he did, the others say he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's all over the press. What are you talking about?
    German media is trying to cover up that the person was yelling Allah Akbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    German media is trying to cover up that the person was yelling Allah Akbar.
    No, they're not. They're quite clearly stating explicitly that among other things. In fact, it's part of the official press statement made by the state criminal police office.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    he was just trying to integrate