Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do feel that, nowadays, it's extremely hard to please most gamers, movie fans, etc.
    So yes, I do feel that gamers have become overly critical now. The same with old fans of a franchise, always saying "The old games were the best, these new ones suck", that kind of stuff. Although for many franchises I also think that way, I can still enjoy some of the new installments, others, however, criticize them harshly and can't see past their nostalgia goggles.
    I can understand that they don't like change, I don't either. But in order to keep the formula from becoming stale, they got to change some things, otherwise, everyone will complain that it's the same thing as the previous installments.

10+ Year Old Account
    In some areas, yes they are overly critical. In other parts, no not at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think the internet has given a voice to everyone with a webcam, so naturally a lot of fringe voices get heard.

Games generally speaking are so much bigger and better than they were in the 90s, sometimes I look at games everyone reviles and think to myself "man if that had come out in the 90s it would've been amazing".

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Games are expensive, and there is a much bigger offer nowadays, it's only logical to be selective.
    Games are cheaper now than they have ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i think we have too many hardcore fans defending buggy incomplete games and day 1 DLC's with arguments like oh they are a business its ok for them to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i think we have too many hardcore fans defending buggy incomplete games and day 1 DLC's with arguments like oh they are a business its ok for them to do that.
    Games have always been buggy on release.

The difference between now and then is that games are now more complicated, which increases the chance of bugs, and devs have the ability to fix said bugs.

A lot of old school games are riddled with bugs, even acclaimed one. And not just weird glitches, bugs that completely blocked or wiped progress.
    Speedrunning is a thing because those games shipped with a ton of bugs and exploitable glitche

I feel like "day 1 DLC" is a boogeyman that people like to throw out there. Only a handful of games are actually guilty of dropping day 1 dlc and those games failed, no one bought into the DLC, and/or were heavily ridiculed. Some games sell preorder bonuses, which are usually just cosmetic or something only useful in the first 10 min of a game. I fine with some devs selling premium skins, the skins usually aren't finalized until a game goes gold anyway. Speaking of which, its not out of the realm of possibilites before a piece of DLC to make release but not make the game going gold (going gold is in shipping for, ready to be placed on disc and uploaded to servers).

On of the biggest things I see people reference when talking about D1 DLC is ME3 except the character was there but the actually DLC was. The DLC was for the games special edition but didn't make gold. They were able to finish it at release and allowed people who hadn't bought the SE to buy purchase it. Like the directors cut of a movie. Later interatations of the game disc game with the DLC backed into it, but that was after release.

Resident Cosplay Progressive