Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It really comes down to the contract. If the song was streamed 178,000,000 times. He got way less than $1 per stream. Even if he got $.50 He would have made 89,000,000. However as it stands, I used http://www.percentagecalculator.net/ to calculate the percentage of the profits he got. which is 0.003190449438202247%.

Do you think that is fair to the man who wrote the words the artist is singing? Without those words, the song wouldn't exist. There would be no song, if not for him, and he gets 0.003%? That is horrible.
    He also did nothing while people streamed. He got money for doing nothing at all.
    If it was a live show and he actually played then he would have done somehting but he did not play the song 178,000,000 times.

I'll use the nurse again. Do you think it's fair that this nurse spends an hour saving a life while this guy spent an hour writing a song and even though he thinks he's being treated unfairly he still made many times the amount of money the nurse made?

This hour or so that he spent on this song probably made him more money than most people will make in a lifetime. Yeah, he's overpayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He also did nothing while people streamed.
    Um, what? What is the singer doing while it is getting streamed? What is the producer doing while it is streamed?

Everyone is getting paid for doing nothing when it comes to streaming. However, due to a poor contract, the song writer is getting paid significantly less.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Um, what? What is the singer doing while it is getting streamed? What is the producer doing while it is streamed?

Everyone is getting paid for doing nothing when it comes to streaming. However, due to a poor contract, the song writer is getting paid significantly less.
    Then why is this an issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Incomplete set of numbers... how many copies of the song & album did the video sell, what are the authors royalties on those?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Incomplete set of numbers... how many copies of the song & album did the video sell, what are the authors royalties on those?
    True, but this topic is only concerning stream revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but this topic is only concerning stream revenue.
    Which is like talking about how much money people made from MTV... which is not much, since that wasn't the point of the platform.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. I could use an extra 5k scratch. I should write a song. Sounds like easy money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Damn. I could use an extra 5k scratch. I should write a song. Sounds like easy money.
    Go for it! I highly encourage artistic creativity. And if you make money, all the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Do you follow around song writers and ask them for autographs and give them your 99 cents? No? Well then it's your fault.
    Yes. We even have a event each year where we have songwriters come in and perform + speak about the songwriting process.

I look forward to it every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yes. We even have a event each year where we have songwriters come in and perform + speak about the songwriting process.

We have a weekly Singer/Song Writer event near Rutgers. It is always filled with amazing talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

We have a weekly Singer/Song Writer event near Rutgers. It is always filled with amazing talent.

I personally think he should be paying me for as many times as I had to listen to that shit "song." My wife insists we listen to the radio in the car, and that song, if not THE WORST, was very close to the worst, in terms of songs that made me want to climb a bell tower so to speak...