Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    12-15 seconds combat time per enemy, WTF
    I don't necessarily see why that's a problem. Quests aren't forcing us to kill like 20-50 mobs anymore either and combat in the game, leveling wise, just lets you basically instakill everything and never really understand what the hell you're doing. It's an MMORPG that feels more like an ARPG in the speed you rip through things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Pusslol View Post
    Yes you have it.
    Congratz
    Thanks. I only wish I knew now when it became active...not sure I really want to know if I have had access to it for long enough that it will make me feel bad that I didn't see it before.

Deleted
    "There is a chance that the flexible zone scaling tech might help solve the leveling problem, expanding the level range of zones, giving you a chance to finish the zone before outleveling it."

Would this also make players "scale" to each other?
    Say me and my friend both want to run Duskwood but he is 20 lvl more than me. I believe we will be able to quest together with this system. Think i read something about this in Legion questing.

Would this also mean that players I encounter in the zone is scaled to my lvl for me? This would remove all grief of questing in a PvP server with high lvl characters killing lowbie characters in Strangelthorn. I would se him as say lvl 20 and he would see me as lvl 110. This would give real epic pvp with all on the same level but still with a little edge to the higher lvl char with more talents and skills unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Going to have to disagree with you there. People would play Legacy for a month or so, then they'd go back to live. Even less if they had to pay for Legacy.
    See I am a firm believer in that they would play both. Everything before Cata was just a better experience and a better game. Why can't players support both?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I don't necessarily see why that's a problem. Quests aren't forcing us to kill like 20-50 mobs anymore either
    Depends on the quest. Some of the low level ones are still asinine. The world remains full of ass-less bears. And at max level, where they want a single mob to take 15s to kill... yeah, it's more like 100 mobs. Have you ever tried to do an apexis area during prime time?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Depends on the quest. Some of the low level ones are still asinine. The world remains full of ass-less bears. And at max level, where they want a single mob to take 15s to kill... yeah, it's more like 100 mobs. Have you ever tried to do an apexis area during prime time?
    Combat being in the 12-15 second range when appropriately geared is I believe what they're going for. It's fine when gear scaling kicks in and lets you maul things.

The problem right now with leveling is that even players without heirlooms can just fully truck the mobs they're fighting. Heirlooms let you instakill them but non heirlooms still just take a few GCDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of sheer complaining and moronic comments going on here is staggering. Only a few posts before this, someone's complaining that vanilla through to all prior expansions are bundled together for $20. Yeah, because a new player won't feel overwhelmed if they were all sold separately.

What else? People are claiming "RIP PvP" based on stat equalization. If you want to outgear stuff and destroy it, go PvE. PvP should be about player skill. Equalizing class balance in PvP is possibly one of the smartest decisions blizzard has made in a long time, and I welcome the challenge because I PvP for competition aspect. If you wanna roflstomp people in PvP why not go gank some lowbies on a PvP realm, I'm sure you'll find it just as amazingly exciting and stimulating. (I was trying to be sarcastic for those of you who have zero ability to tell)

People bitching about a cost to respec. Newsflash: In the olden days we didn't even HAVE a dual spec; we had to go to the trainer and pay a fee every time, and re-adapt our action bars EVERY time as they didn't save. Nobody QQed then, because it gave changing spec a sense of 'gravity'. When you cannot change specs on a whim you feel more "specific" and "part of" the one you're currently playing. I'm not good with fancy words so I'll just have to trust you get the gist of what I'm trying to convey here. Funny how in many cases the same people who are complaining about respec becoming more difficult are the same people complaining about streamlining of the game.

People complaining about fights taking too long. Again, Blizz can't win. Fights used to take around that time, then people QQed because fights became too short, now people QQ because fights are getting longer again. Seriously with a community as ****** hard to please as this one I really can't blame them for sometimes just spitting in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    Everything before Cata was just a better experience and a better game. Why can't players support both?
    I don't fully agree. I loved raiding and PvP in TBC and WotLK, but their levelling experiences and 5-man content was weak compared to what came from cata and mists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Combat being in the 12-15 second range when appropriately geared is I believe what they're going for. It's fine when gear scaling kicks in and lets you maul things.

The problem right now with leveling is that even players without heirlooms can just fully truck the mobs they're fighting. Heirlooms let you instakill them but non heirlooms still just take a few GCDs.
    How is this even remotely relevant, when legion 'objective' areas are REALLY fast to complete, which handily compensates for longer kill times? This isn't TBC anymore, it's no more "get me 30 zeppelin debris" or nesingwary taking the piss by asking you to kill 180 animals spread across 6 quests. It's no WoD either where objective areas take freaking ages if you have terrible gear and there are other players around looting and burning the objects etc.

In legion for example 'burning a banner' gives a stupidly high amount of progress, something like 8-16%
    Last edited by Will; 2016-05-13 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The amount of sheer complaining and moronic comments going on here is staggering. Only a few posts before this, someone's complaining that vanilla through to all prior expansions are bundled together for $20. Yeah, because a new player won't feel overwhelmed if they were all sold separately.

What else? People are claiming "RIP PvP" based on stat equalization. If you want to outgear stuff and destroy it, go PvE. PvP should be about player skill. Equalizing class balance in PvP is possibly one of the smartest decisions blizzard has made in a long time, and I welcome the challenge because I PvP for competition aspect. If you wanna roflstomp people in PvP why not go gank some lowbies on a PvP realm, I'm sure you'll find it just as amazingly exciting and stimulating. (I was trying to be sarcastic for those of you who have zero ability to tell)

People bitching about a cost to respec. Newsflash: In the olden days we didn't even HAVE a dual spec; we had to go to the trainer and pay a fee every time, and re-adapt our action bars EVERY time as they didn't save. Nobody QQed then, because it gave changing spec a sense of 'gravity'. When you cannot change specs on a whim you feel more "specific" and "part of" the one you're currently playing. I'm not good with fancy words so I'll just have to trust you get the gist of what I'm trying to convey here. Funny how in many cases the same people who are complaining about respec becoming more difficult are the same people complaining about streamlining of the game.

People complaining about fights taking too long. Again, Blizz can't win. Fights used to take around that time, then people QQed because fights became too short, now people QQ because fights are getting longer again. Seriously with a community as ****** hard to please as this one I really can't blame them for sometimes just spitting in our faces.
    It's almost as if WoW players aren't a homogeneous group. I'm in agreement with much of what you said especially regarding PvP, just don't be so surprised when different people post different opinions on different topics.

I tried some PvP during the bonus BG event. Whether my team won or lost came down to which team had the most fully 710 geared characters, most of which are sub-1.5k rated players that just grinded Conquest over time. Needless to say, it was totally unfun.

Though I have no doubt some people are hypocrites, i.e. people in support of legacy realms/vanilla mechanics but against the spec switch gold cost.

Blizzard should design their game without fearing non-existent threats from vocal minorities.