Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    wifi isnt that bad nowadays tbh. For 100 bucks you can get near wired performance (router+card). Only caveat are things like in home streaming where you really do need a wired connection.
    The actual WiFi tech isn't the issue (any longer). Competing for bandwidth with your 213 neighbors streaming GoT to their iPads is, in densely populated areas.

I dunno man, i live near a huge apt complex (like across the street) and there are almost no 5ghz networks near me. Of course 2.4ghz there is like hundreds, but most people dont buy higher end routers so ya.

Deleted
    I have at least half a dozen 5 GHz nodes in range, just judging by the name of the routers and the top of the WiFi network node list. Couldn't be bothered to check in detail for the exact count.

Maybe it depends on the country? 5 GHz WiFi is _really_ common here...

Half a dozen is nothing for 5ghz, thats like there being none at all there are so many channels on 5ghz.

Deleted
    Again that depends on where you live. We have half the number of channels allowed in the US, and some of them are power limited or have other restrictions.

Ah ya good call forgot about regional restrictions, i think here we have like 27 channels? Either way 5ghz ftw, im on my phone right now there is 3 5ghz networks near me and 47 2.4ghz lol.