Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If it was 1 sub-race per race ...

So asking the community, when it comes to sub-races if blizzard started with just 1 per race for the first round, which do you think would be picked for each race?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    So asking the community, when it comes to sub-races if blizzard started with just 1 per race for the first round, which do you think would be picked for each race?
    Draenei - Nobundo-type Draenei
    Human - Black Human
    Night Elf - Nightborne (Suramar)
    Dwarf - Dark Iron
    Gnome - Trogg?
    Worgen - Tol'vir?
    Pandaren - Tuskarr?
    Orc - Draenor Iron Horde Orc (Brown)
    Tauren - Yaungol
    Troll - Zandalari or Amani
    Goblin - Gilblin (Aquatic Goblin-type)
    Blood Elf - Fel Elf
    Forsaken - Elf-type Forsaken

I think some races don't need subraces and others have multiple stellar candidates. I hope Blizzard would recognize this as well and not try to implement 1 per race.

Human - none (make black humans a regular option, not a subrace, I wouldn't mind a better beard as well)
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Dark Iron (both equally valid, although Wildhammer if only one because it was allied while Dark Iron were still enemies)
    Gnome - none
    Night Elf - none (imo, allowing them to be mages was too far already)
    Draenei - Broken Draenei (cannot be priests or paladins)
    Worgen - none (though letting them stay humans would be nice and I personally don't like the female chihuahua look)

Orc - Mag'har (brown), *edit: a few people suggested Dragonmaw. I can't believe I put in Wildhammer, but not Dragonmaw.
    Tauren - Taunka (bison), Yaungol (yak), Highmountain (moose) are all good options
    Troll - Forrest, Ice both good. I would prefer to be able to pick the model and skin independently, but have a preference for whatever stands up straight (like the Zandalari in MoP)
    Forsaken - Elven undead model
    Blood Elf - High Elf (for the Alliance)
    Goblin - none

Pandaren - none

Edit: it could be argued some of these aren't "subraces" and like a darker skin tone should be implemented for humans, other skins and tattoos could be added (night elves have markings options) without a subrace designation
    Last edited by Esandarius; 2016-05-12 at 01:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just add more skin,hair and tattoo options to what we have,although I think there should be a Broken option for Dranaei.

Deleted
    Orc - Brown Orc (can be a barbershop option tho to normal Orcs) - Maybe half Orcs is better like Rexxar.
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Forest Troll (Revantusk tribe)
    Goblin - Hobgoblin
    Blood Elf - High Elf (can be a barbershop option tho to normal Blood Elfs) - Maybe half Blood Elf / Dragon would work better like Alexstrasza looks.
    Forsaken - undead High Elf

Draenei - Broken
    Human - Vrykul
    Night Elf - Nightborne
    Dwarf - Dark Iron (can be a barbershop option tho to normal Dwarfs) - Maybe Earthen would work better as sub-race.
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Worgen - Emerald nightmare worgen

Pandaren - Furbolg or Tuskarr

If they are going to do sub-races i hope you need to get to max level (or like lets say 100) and then you can reroll into one of these races where you enter a scenario with your toon like Tauren you help the Taunka build up there town in Northend and then your toon dies (the Tauren) at the end and a Taunka picks up your toons armor and weapon and then you move on as this Taunka this should be the way they should put sub-races in the game in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-05-11 at 01:56 AM.

Human: Vrykul

Fel Elf actually works more since having High Elves will contribute nothing to the horde since they'd be a Blood elf sub-race to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    Fel Elf actually works more since having High Elves will contribute nothing to the horde since they'd be a Blood elf sub-race to begin with.
    Half-elves would also work well. Not sure which race would get them though.

Orc: Dragonmaw
    Dwarf: Wildhammer

Make those quests, factions, and alliances we fought for in the Twilight Highlands worth a damn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Human: Vrykul
    Humans are a Vrykul subrace. 8)

humans - i'm not sure, honestly. vrykul don't work, imo.

night elves - nightborne.

dwarves - dark iron.

gnomes - not sure. leper gnomes don't mesh with gnomish society.

worgen - none known, i think.

draenei - broken maybe, but i could see them as a separate race all together. maybe reformed man'ari?

orcs - mag'har.

blood elves - high elves.

tauren - taunka.

goblins - gilblins maybe, not sure.

trolls - forest trolls

forsaken - undead elf

pandaren- none known? not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see people say Furbolg or Tuskarr for pandaren, but why not those very obscure feral Pandaren units in the Northrend sections of War3 (or it's xpac, I forgot)?

Make them a bit larger, more feral-looking, more furry, and for the love of the Celestials, add free flowing long hair for females. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Draenei - Nobundo-type Draenei
    Human - Black Human
    Night Elf - Nightborne (Suramar)
    Dwarf - Dark Iron
    Gnome - Trogg?
    Worgen - Tol'vir?
    Pandaren - Tuskarr?
    Orc - Draenor Iron Horde Orc (Brown)
    Tauren - Yaungol
    Troll - Zandalari or Amani
    Goblin - Gilblin (Aquatic Goblin-type)
    Blood Elf - Fel Elf
    Forsaken - Elf-type Forsaken
    black human? lol wtf you think they are a sub race?

Quote Originally Posted by Esandarius View Post
    I think some races don't need subraces and others have multiple stellar candidates. I hope Blizzard would recognize this as well and not try to implement 1 per race.

Human - none (make black humans a regular option, not a subrace, I wouldn't mind a better beard as well)
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Dark Iron (both equally valid, although Wildhammer if only one because it was allied while Dark Iron were still enemies)
    Gnome - none
    Worgen - none (though letting them stay humans would be nice and I personally don't like the female chihuahua look)

Orc - Mag'har (brown)
    Tauren - Taunka (bison), Yaungol (yak), Highmountain (moose) are all good options
    Troll - Forrest, Ice both good. I would prefer to be able to pick the model and skin independently, but have a preference for whatever stands up straight (like the Zandalari in MoP)
    Goblin - none

Pandaren - none
    I like this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    black human? lol wtf you think they are a sub race?
    It's not racist if it's the context of an RPG!

Deleted
    Tauren: Grimtotem tauren
    Orc: Mag'Har or Dragonmaw orcs
    Trolls: Zandalari
    Forsaken: Forsaken High Elves
    Blood Elves: Wretched or Fel Elves
    Goblin: Hobgoblins
    Pandaren: Furbolgs

Human: Vrykull or Half-Elf
    Dwarf: Wildhammer or Dark Iron
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Night-Elf: High Elf/Highborne or Nightborne
    Draenei: Broken or Eredar
    Worgen: Gilnean Human that could look different from normal humans maybe? Or the tigerpeople from WoD, I mean I don't have a lot of ideas for them, they're dog people I mean come on
    Pandaren: Furbolg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Human - Black Human
    LMAO you seriously went there, and the very first response, too!

Humans already have a sub-race, they're called dwarves :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's not racist if it's the context of an RPG!
    Hahahaha. Sub-races for human. Homeowner. Professional. Gangster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account

Gnome - none. Trogg (Though, I doubt it, it would be an insult to them). Mechagnomes?
    Night Elf - none (imo, allowing them to be mages was too far already). Dryads?
    Worgen - none (though letting them stay humans would be nice and I personally don't like the female chihuahua look). 'Humans'(?) Second choice but not the same racial as the current?

Orc - Mag'har (brown). Ogre
    Forsaken - Elven undead model / 'living' members, like how some DK's can contain their looks. Or Necromancers not always having to be dead even
    Goblin - Hobgoblin

Pandaren - Jinyu/Hozen
    I would like to change something...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I think some races don't need subraces and others have multiple stellar candidates.
    Only race that really needs thought are Worgen all the others have pretty easy picks for a sub-race tho.

Gnome - none

Orc - Mag'har (brown), *edit: a few people suggested Dragonmaw. I can't believe I put in Wildhammer, but not Dragonmaw.
    Goblin - none

Pandaren - none

Edit: it could be argued some of these aren't "subraces" and like a darker skin tone should be implemented for humans, other skins and tattoos could be added (night elves have markings options) without a subrace designation
    why none for night elf, goblin, pandaren and gnome? I'm sure night elf and gnome have options, and what does mages have to do with it? nightelf have mages and if you feel they shouldn't then I don't think you understand night elves history and relationship to the arcane and ofc recent lore... and sub-race will open up other class combos for a race faction without having the main race actually be that class. e.g Eredar sub-race for draenei will allow you to play warlocks as an Eredar, which looks like a draenei, allowing the draenei group to have warlocks without the main draenei race itself needing to be warlocks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I like this.
    it's missing some others put a bit more effort