Thread: Ffx/x-2 pc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I do as well, but my monitor doesn't have the jacks to hook up the ps2 lul.

And it'll probably be priced around the point where its not worth trying to find some adapter or whatever. also the pc one is HD and my pc is a lil more powerful than a ps2.
    Yeah, there is that, I played it a few months back and on my big TV it was a bit...fuzzy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I do as well, but my monitor doesn't have the jacks to hook up the ps2 lul.

And it'll probably be priced around the point where its not worth trying to find some adapter or whatever. also the pc one is HD and my pc is a lil more powerful than a ps2.
    If you own both, you can legally emulate FFX on PC. With the emulator you can turn the AA up and it looks really good. I still want to own it on steam though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Yeah, the pc port will be the international.

Does anyone have any idea regarding what it's price is going to be?
    $14.99 is my guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    $14.99 is my guess.
    Its confirmed at £19.99 via a document.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/documen...FFXSweepstakes

No word on US pricing, going to assume 25.99$. Remember, this is essentially 2 games in 1, so it's going to be a slight step up in price from the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

No word on US pricing, going to assume 25.99$. Remember, this is essentially 2 games in 1, so it's going to be a slight step up in price from the others.
    Well, reason I gave that estimate is because it's the same price as the PS3 version. Well, it's what I remember paying for it anyway. Guess it's $19.99 new

Now the only question is.... MODS?

I love X/X-2 to death, but X especially is just waaaay too easy. I'd love to be able to mod it for difficulty, something like gjoerulv's HC mod for FF7 for example. I wonder if it's possible within the architecture...

Deleted
    Its confirmed at £19.99 via a document.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/documen...FFXSweepstakes

Wrong price , is 15.99 on steam
    Surprised to be honest as I assumed 19.99 too

There's already a dual audio mod for the game and there doesn't seem to be some sort of DRM that recent jRPGs on Steam had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Wrong price , is 15.99 on steam
    Surprised to be honest as I assumed 19.99 too
    It is 19.99 on steam. The 15.99 is 20% off and ends in a few days.

Deleted
    You "Confirmed" it was 19.99 on steam.
    I was merely pointing out its 15.99, regardless of sales, I would imagine most people that wanted the game, would already have been hitting refresh for the timer to countdown to 0 anyway, so they would get the lower price

10+ Year Old Account
    29.99 in the US. 23.99 with the 20% off. If you go to greenmangaming they have a promo with 20% base price and you use can use coupon DEALZON25 for another 25% off making it $18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    29.99 in the US. 23.99 with the 20% off. If you go to greenmangaming they have a promo with 20% base price and you use can use coupon DEALZON25 for another 25% off making it $18.
    Still too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Still too much.
    Well they're probably justifying it with the boosters and no encounter mode. $18 is alright with me for 2 games. I own X-2 on the PS2 but never played it. Small chance it'll be 50% off during this years winter sale but for $3 more I can play it now.

very least its the international version..the extra stuff is pretty top notch...though due note that in X-2 "Catnip" was HEAVILY nerfed

If you own both, you can legally emulate FFX on PC. With the emulator you can turn the AA up and it looks really good. I still want to own it on steam though.
    Yet emulation will still have low res textures, non existent shadows and 480i CGI scenes. Emulation is not even comparable to the remaster.

Shame about the FPS-cap at 30.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Shame about the FPS-cap at 30.
    It's a turn based game.

FPS literally means jack shit. This isn't some action JRPG like the Tales which are brutal capped at 30 fps. 60 fps literally does nothing for navigating a menu.

(INB4 it looks better bro from a person who probably watches 24 fps media every day of their life. FPS is important for response time and input lag, neither of which means jack shit in a turn based rpg).

Anyone know where the extra options are supposed to be? I'm dumb.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have the PS4 version, so I'll be good.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Anyone know where the extra options are supposed to be? I'm dumb.
    Hit ESC. Pretty stoked about transfering my file over to the PC version for a new game+ run sometime in the near future.