Thread: Ffx/x-2 pc

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath, all they need to do is just update everything and not reinvent the wheel with it... but ya damn well know they're going to.
    I'm actually totally on board with an overhaul, as FF7 in its vanilla state was in fact mechanically quite simplistic and would not be appropriate for modern-time gaming. That being said, I also agree that taking it too far is a real danger, as is excessive "streamlining". What little we have seen so far looks promising, but we haven't seen an awful lot. I remain cautiously optimistic but a little scared.

It's great that it (probably) comes to PC right away, though. I would have bought a PS4 just for that game, now I don't have to. And if FFX/X-2 is any indication, the positive reception by PC gamers and the value of Steam as a platform hopefully sends the appropriate signals to the publishers so that it remains a thing in the future. Day 1 mod support to smooth over the edges the game will no doubt have (on any platform) is also going to be great, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm actually totally on board with an overhaul, as FF7 in its vanilla state was in fact mechanically quite simplistic and would not be appropriate for modern-time gaming.
    Can't say I agree with that, not that it was complex at all but that it somehow doesn't fit in modern gaming. It was not sooo simplistic that players today wouldn't find it engaging, especially considering how simple some of the more current FF systems are.

It's great that it (probably) comes to PC right away, though.
    I've heard this a couple times, any source on that or just a common assumption?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Can't say I agree with that, not that it was complex at all but that it somehow doesn't fit in modern gaming. It was not sooo simplistic that players today wouldn't find it engaging, especially considering how simple some of the more current FF systems are.

Ive got them all on PC (thats been released so far).. Hoping for 15 within a year of console release as well as 7 new.

I really want a Vagrant Story port and/or remake tho.

Assumption, mostly, I think. But weren't the recent FFs all released on PC alongside console? Or shortly after? I might be wrong. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking.

Assumption, mostly, I think. But weren't the recent FFs all released on PC alongside console? Or shortly after? I might be wrong. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking.
    None of them did afaik, the most recent one we have on pc is 13 and it came out in 2014 on the pc 4-5 years after the console releases. They've been slowly putting them all on steam but this would be a first if they automatically released it on pc alongside console. Honestly I'd be surprised if they did because they know people will buy ps4's just to play it.

Honestly I'd be surprised if they did because they know people will buy ps4's just to play it.
    It's true, that's what I usually do. All my PS purchases were for FF games.

Then again, since they're releasing the 7 remake episodically, maybe I'll just wait anyway until more are out. Still undecided.

It's true, that's what I usually do. All my PS purchases were for FF games.

Then again, since they're releasing the 7 remake episodically, maybe I'll just wait anyway until more are out. Still undecided.
    I'm kinda just waiting to see if they mess it up or not when they inevitably make a totally different game with the same characters.

That and I have to see if there's gonna be other games I'm interested enough in to justify purchasing the console, which is a stretch with how much these things are these days.

Let's hope then that the success of FFX/X-2 on Steam taught them that PC can be a valuable market.

Back in the PS1/2 days, I could easily justify my console purchase with the fact that there'd be at least 3 great FF games on each. Thought the same would hold for the PS3, but XIII/2/3 are such horrible games I wholeheartedly regret buying it at this point. FFX/X-2 HD was a redeeming factor, but now those are out on PC and I could have just saved myself a lot of money and disappointment...

I wouldnt have noticed if it wasnt for that post. I've already bought FF7 on PC (I owned the game on PS1 but lost the CD... !!), then got FF9 when I saw it (Trying to make the perfect game, I played 60hrs + lol, next try will be under 12jrs to get Excalibur 2! I own it to on PS1 but my CD3 is scratched and doesnt work anymore ). Then FFX, one of my favorite (But I hated the ball game.. too long, frustrating, even if the rewards were good if I remember correctly). FFX-2 comes with it, this is IMO the girl version of the game, I never finished it. The wardrobe system is decent, but using guitar/microphone/etc has weapon looked silly to me, I'll give it another try. I own the game on PS2, but oh well... 33$ is kinda cheap (I bought that at around 90 when it first got released) and I didnt finish FFX-2 so why not.

@Moosie: Thx for the info! Its downloading

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    FFX-2 comes with it, this is IMO the girl version of the game, I never finished it. The wardrobe system is decent, but using guitar/microphone/etc has weapon looked silly to me, I'll give it another try.
    Only one job use microphone, it's like a bard class from any other RPG, and they can't attack in this job. And all the other jobs have real weapons except the strongest one, and one early game that was not in the first USA/EU version.

Best combat system of all the FF imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Best combat system of all the FF imo.
    This is very true. It really is so weird to see a game with such a light-hearted overall atmosphere and J-Pop-y aesthetics sport the best combat system and some of the best encounters in the entire Final Fantasy franchise. Girls dancing around in colorful costumes, but MAN the combat feels great!

I don't see a way to access video options like ansiotropic filtering or brightness....where are they hidden? Also, how do I access cheats?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I don't see a way to access video options like ansiotropic filtering or brightness....where are they hidden? Also, how do I access cheats?
    Press Esc, the settings menus are there. Once you're in-game it'll un-grey the 'special features' and 'change parameters' options, which give you access to the cheats.